Thread: Koolance VID-LN2-V2 - dissapointment at first glance (literally)

-100c Club

Thumbs down Koolance VID-LN2-V2 - dissapointment at first glance (literally)

I've bought a Koolance VID-LN2-V2 pot trough one of the official german reseller as a reserve since I normaly use my old copper pots or LittleDevil's GFX-R1 unit, but I have never seen such a piss poor quality machining being done on any cooling unit. While the unit is perfect on the outside, the machining and coating quality on the inside are just sad. I believe the pictures speak for themselves. Metal shavings? No thanks

I have yet to test it with LN2, I hope it performs better than it looks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That'll just give you more surface area. Shouldn't affect performance negatively, even though it does look like .
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

Turkey Man
    They very clearly have not optimised the internals either.
    Those holes shouldnt be near the GPU faces

Xtreme Member
    what a disgusting

Thermo Bear
    Yea this is really bad quality :O

Does all gpu tubes from koolance look like that? It looks like . better to stick to our old forum friends for GOOD quality.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Wow, that's horrible. But look at their CPU pot:

Smile

Colombian OCer
    i have the V1 and there is no internals (at least you have one) but the perfomance is not bad (i have it in GTX 280 and is very good) the bad thing about mine is the sujection ( bends like butter) .
    MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 Latam Champion / Gigabyte GOOC 2010 Latin America finals Champion

Xtreme Addict
    I,d make sure its all back to room temp before you start taking any screws out
    That is unless you like to drill and tap

-100c Club
    Forgot to report back. I have tested it with acetone and dry ice and it's leaking! Acetone almost completely ate my lacquer insulation. Don't know about the LN2 just yet, I will test it in the following week as I have 295GTX dual-PCB here ready to go. Something tells me the end results will be much the same

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
    Forgot to report back. I have tested it with acetone and dry ice and it's leaking! Acetone almost completely ate my lacquer insulation. Don't know about the LN2 just yet, I will test it in the following week as I have 295GTX dual-PCB here ready to go. Something tells me the end results will be much the same
    Jesus that is horrible coming from a vid-428 I wonder what it looks like inside . Like jesperme said I am sure it looks like internally but performs decently aside from the leaking...
    Internal Watercooling Antec 900 Build Log*

WC loop: Black ice extreme 240 radiator, XSPC 120 radiator, HK 3.0, D5 pump with Bitspower top, DD fillport, Primochill tubing, distilled + ptnuke

Pink Floyd is #1

Xtreme Legend
    FAIL
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    hehe keep that filled with LN2 or dry ice and you'll get temps near your liquid cooled rig haha
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

-100c Club
    It wasn't so bad on dry ice, really. It held GTX470 @ -58°C* loaded at 1070/1220 with 1.25Vgpu with dry ice and acetone. But the thing leaks, what the hell?

* Measured with blue K-type probe which shows -174°C submerged in LN2.

Xtreme Member
    That is unimpressive.
    Send it back/talk to them? I mean seriously, what is this?
    Looks like someone tried to use an endmill to drill a hole >.<
    What if the hokey pokey really is what it is all about?

-100c Club
    Well, the pot leaks nitrogen aswell And the saddest part is: IT DOES NOT FIT ON GTX 295! The GPUs are clearly not lined up, the difference is about 1.5mm and whoever engineered this pot did not take that into consideration. I had to remove the I/O bracket in order to mount the pot and only to realize the internal SLI bridges have no contact with their sockets. The result is flickering of the screen in SLI mode.

I ruined a perfectly good card because no one at Koolance seem to have tested the pot before it got shipped out to the market

Wuf
    Well the 295 shouldn't be ruined since the flexible printed circuit bridges are removable
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet
    [22:53:09] [@Jaco-XS] i'm gonna overclock this damn box!
    Ze gear:
    Main rig: W3520 + 12GB ddr3 + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2.0! + HD7970 + HD6350 DMS59 + HX520 + 2x X25-E 32gig R0 + Bunch of HDDs.
    ESXI: Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 Node - 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    ZFS Server: Supermicro 826E1 + Supermicro X8DAH+-F + 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + 10x 3TB HDDs + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    Lappy!: Lenovo Thinkpad W500: T9600 + 8GB + FireGL v5700 + 128GB Samsung 830 + 320GB 2.5" in ze dvd slot + 1920x1200 @ 15.4"

Xtreme Legend
    What a friggin disaster
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    I've seen better homemade ones... Consider RMAing it. Might be a poor machining work, but it definitely shouldn't leak.
    Btw, there is something up with the pics in the OP today...
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

-100c Club
    So, anyone thinks I could get this RMAed? No use in having a leaky pot that doesn't fit the one card I primarily bought it for.

P.S.: Card survived, I had to fiddle around with the bridges until it started working again. Yaay

I am Xtreme
    Yeah, RMA it.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.