View Poll Results: What color should I paint my rad?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gloss BLACK

74 50.68%
  • Gloss RED

59 40.41%
  • Other (please reply to thread including color + finish e.g. gloss/matte/hammered...)

13 8.90%
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Capella (Lian Li PC-P50R)

Ω
    Hey Kibbs,

The way you moved around the pump is much better Now the fittings are all hidden in the bay all ninja like.

What are you doing with the hard drive?
    Ω Raven Build Blog

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
    " Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" - In times of war, the law falls silent.

Xtreme Member
    Very nice, and exciting. Sobarashii

nice project.

What size tube is the white you use in your radiator?

Xtreme Member
    Whoa, I missed a massive chunk of updates!!! Thanks, HBech for bumping this and Kibbs, man, this is incredible!!

Absolutely beautiful work and pics. The wiring from the aquaero must have taken ages but it's perfect, and the subtle change to the pump looks much better (even though it looked awesome before ).

So sorry i missed this, mate. I'm kicking myself :facepalm:

Hi Kibbler,

Your project expresses a sophisticated care, so aesthetic as technical. We fill things made with a search of balance, for harmony, and it is very pleasant.
    Among other things, you show that it is possible to weld a connector on a radiator (with all the necessary precautions not to see its radiator transformed in spare parts). I had already thought of this modification (I know the temperature of this weld), but without venturing there! Now you go to see that copiers, that exists! Thank you very much.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks a lot for your comments guys.

I haven't done much lately, just some sleeving here and there. I should have a generous update in the next 1~2 weeks as now I have all the pieces for the front panel. Some pieces will need to be anodized, then assembly. Should be some good stuff coming!

Xtreme Member
    Awesome MODs Kib! Can I copy your idea ... can't sleep after looking at your photo!

EVGA Classified E759-A1 l Intel i7 975 EE @4GHz l CORSAIR DDR3 7-8-7-20 @ 2000MHz 3X2GB l ASUS HD5970 l Silverstone 1200W l Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD X2 Raid0 l Windows 7 Ultimate l Custom Bench (Water Cooling)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeChuo View Post
    Awesome MODs Kib! Can I copy your idea ... can't sleep after looking at your photo!
    Lol thanks, be my guest. Which idea would that be?

Bits and pieces update

Nothing new here, just showing what's going on with the drain line routing. I shortened the rad drain line about 1/2", taking out the slack so the bend is more natural.

Here's the exhaust fan. I like fans with smaller hubs (Arctic Cooling F12) but Zazzle doesn't have the right size sticker. So I bought some from a stationery store.

This is what's coming up. That's a new front panel this time laser'd out of 2mm aluminum for rigidity (last one was 1.5mm). We'll see where the other pieces will go once they're properly finished.

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Kibbler; 05-23-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Oh cool, hanging hidden hard drive!

The holes in the one plate gave it away. Question is, are you hiding it completely, or will there be evidence of the screws on the inside of the case? Is it going to be squeezed in the middle there, have active ventilation, or just lots of venting?

Hm, wait a minute, those holes were already there when you put your hard drive on top of your case... Well that other HDP (handy dandy plate) is new haha.
    Last edited by Wezly; 05-23-2010 at 04:14 AM.

Whoa - that white fan looks awesome. I think your color combo is going to look fantastic.

The work you have done so far is excellent. It's all the tiny details that make a project stand out from the rest and yours does just that.
    Looking forward to seeing how your faceplate looks when finished. Fantastic mate.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibbler View Post
    Lol thanks, be my guest. Which idea would that be?
    Thanks! I got the same case (Lian Li PC-P50R) AC now. After looking at your project log ... itchy go for water cooling too. Anyway ... can I fit in the Thermochill 140.3 in there same location as your rad? I wish it fit ... the rad on the way.

EVGA Classified E759-A1 l Intel i7 975 EE @4GHz l CORSAIR DDR3 7-8-7-20 @ 2000MHz 3X2GB l ASUS HD5970 l Silverstone 1200W l Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD X2 Raid0 l Windows 7 Ultimate l Custom Bench (Water Cooling)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks! I got the same case (Lian Li PC-P50R) AC now. After looking at your project log ... itchy go for water cooling too. Anyway ... can I fit in the Thermochill 140.3 in there same location as your rad? I wish it fit ... the rad on the way.
    99% sure impossible I'm afraid. It is 9mm wider and 83mm taller than my rad.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    looking forward to next update master Kibbler
    most likely it will fit by width, but not by height - P80 is more suitable case for this giant
    Worklog: Project Black Copper
    Lian Li PC-P80 | Thermochill PA140.3 | Noiseblocker fans | mdpc-x stuff

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibbler View Post
    99% sure impossible I'm afraid. It is 9mm wider and 83mm taller than my rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_GK View Post
    looking forward to next update master Kibbler

most likely it will fit by width, but not by height - P80 is more suitable case for this giant
    Aaww! sad news! P80 the only option ... getting smaller rad then P120.3 will fit.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Bought stuff

I know most worklogs have this at the beginning, but I decided to buy the components at the 75% mark instead.

I said from the very first post that I'll probably go with a Gulftown. I stuck to that plan.

Do it to it, Lars!

Xtreme Member
    I'm green with envy...see . This is going to be quite a powerful machine

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wooo exciting!
    sigh

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Can I ask what size tubing that the drains are and who makes those QC's? Have you tested them for leaks (always was a concern of mine with QC's.)?

BTW - I need to stay updated more as I haven't checked this log in a while, but jeez!!! Everything is amazing. Great work!
    They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
    Howlin' Pelle Almqvist

Project Log Completed: all internal v1000

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LogAn'sRun View Post
    Can I ask what size tubing that the drains are and who makes those QC's? Have you tested them for leaks (always was a concern of mine with QC's.)?
    Thanks man. The tubing is 1/4"ID-3/8"OD. Those are Koolance no-spill low-profile QCs. Tested for leaks and passed.

Xtreme Member
    I want that board too ... nice stuff kib!

Ω
    Very nice hardware choice but that Intel... it must have run you a pretty penny.
    Ω Raven Build Blog

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
    " Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" - In times of war, the law falls silent.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohms View Post
    Very nice hardware choice but that Intel... it must have run you a pretty penny.
    About a hundred-thousand pennies actually...

Xtreme Member
    Could you please tell me what grit do you use to sand your radiator?

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast