Thread: PPCs, Sidewinder, USPS and Canada

Xtreme Addict

PPCs, Sidewinder, USPS and Canada

When I ordered something from Sidewinder, I had it shipped with USPS Priority mail (no tracking) but got an email when it cleared customs (I guess Gary provided them with my email, or Paypal did)

I also ordered something from PPCs and had it also shipped USPS Priority and so I don't know if I should be expecting the same email or not. I ask because its been a while and I'm wondering if it just might show up at work here or if that email is always sent by USPS regardless of where you bought it from.

Banned
    Depends... Each shipper will have to edit the shipping options and Sidewinder might have added your email for tracking. I don't remember PPCs sending any email about shipping status but you can look up yourself if you got a tracking number.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I never got any emails from USPS.
    Delivery times are also completely random. From 3 days to 3 weeks.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRedRaider View Post
    It costs @ $0.65 to add a tracking number to any USPS Priority Mail package.

If you read page 11 of my worklog, you'll see the kind of business PPC's does. Don't expect the same service from Hank, that Gary @ Sidewinder Computers provides.
    PPC seems to have a very mixed level of service, some people have had very good results, some people bad, and others both at different times. The last two orders I got from PPC both had USPS tracking numbers, but I also had one order that didn't.

Xtreme Addict
    I was very satisfied with PPC. I completed an order and payed by paypal. Than, I discovered I was missing some parts, and made a second order. I didn't even try to send them a message to ask for joining the two orders and refund me the shipping costs. I thought they won't do it.

By their own, they joined my two orders in only one pack. Next, the UPS tracking showed a pack weight 50% less than the PPC estimation. Again, they fully refunded me 70$ shipping fees on my paypal. I got my package to Europe in 3 days

Very satisfied.

I was looking at sidewinder but they didn't have the Primoflex tubing I wanted
    Q6600 G0 L740B126 Lapped, 2x1Gb Kingston HyperX DDR2-1200
    Gigabyte 8800 GTS 512Mb OC 756-1890-1000
    TT Toughpower 750 W (W0116) new 8xPCI-E Rev.
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400 AAKS rocks
    WC: Swiftech H2O-Apex Ultra 220 GT + PA120.3 5v
    OCZ XTC RAM Cooler, HR-05 IFX + 80mm FAN (NB), 2x HR-09U type 2 (mosfets), Modded Zalman ZM NB-47J (SB), Arctic-Cooling MX-2
    Vista 32 bits
    ------------
    - ASUS P5K Premium bios 0612: (3.84GHz 8x480) @1.432v

------------
    - P5B Deluxe: 3.60GHz (9x400) @1.33v *** Old Setup (P5B deluxe)

OCCT 2.x Final Download

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've ordered a ton of stuff from PPCs and others in the US over the past few months - always used USPS, never got an email. Well, always except the one time I accidentally used UPS ground - never again, got hit with customs broker charges totalling over 1/3 of the order value.
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so. Douglas Adams
    QX9650 @ 3825mhz CoolIT FZone
    2x HD3870X2 @ 845/946mhz air
    Asus Maximus Formula 0907
    2x2048mb OCZ Reaper 8500
    2x Raptor 150G Raid0; 'Cuda 1000G
    1200W Thermaltake
    xFi Extreme Gamer/ Z-5500
    Vista Ult. 64
    Cosmos 1000
    30" NEC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yeah, I need to pipe in here a little too, I don't normally talk about vendors, and I've had stuff shipped international with both PPC and PTS. Maybe PPC doesn't give you the pen and the thank you note (+1 for that), but they've always shipped to me, i get it within a week, and several emails letting me know my status. I think that's good service. Some of you may feel burned or treated poorly, but for everyone who talks , don't forget that there's 10 satisfied customers who say nothing. Hank is ok with me.
    They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
    Howlin' Pelle Almqvist

Project Log Completed: all internal v1000

Xtreme Member
    I have ordered for PPC and they didn't have what I ordered in stock so they CALLED me and asked if I cared if they had the item drop shipped to me or not at no extra cost to me. This happened within a hour of me placing the order.

I have shopped online ALOT and have never had a e-tailer call me about something I ordered going out of stock and asking me what I wanted to do about it. My
    Coolermaster Cosmos S
    BenQ 241w
    Asus Chrosshair II
    OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB
    Gigabyte Oden 1200w psu
    AMD Phenom 9950BLK@ 3000
    Swiftech MCP355, D-TEK FuZion v2
    Tygon B-44-4x,XSPC Dual Bay Res.
    SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Radeon HD 4870 X2
    Black Ice GT Stealth 360 XFlow

Bada Bing Bada Boom