Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 狂少's CDT-tweak

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    Ugh, I'm not trying to trick you Kev. I don't really care what the tweak is, but at this point, it's your last bastion of hope to clear your name....you REALLY should care. At least try to publicly prove your scores are legit...you've managed to talk your way out of backing up your out-of-line scores 100% of the time.

No one at OCX can even come close to replicating your scores either...no one anywhere in the world can. And every time someone challenges your clock-for-clock performance, you do exactly what you're doing now...trying to talk your way out of it with no real effort to truly vindicate yourself.

If you actually do have a tweak that can clear your name, why don't you share it with FUGGER and have him replicate your performance products. Or s7e9h3n (who unfortunately doesn't run Intel )...or k|ngp|n, or Hipro, or any of Team Japan...or any other legend, one that you feel comfortable with.

Why do you think you have the "power" to determinate when and where OPB has the last chance to clean up his name?

Xtreme Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Onepagebook View Post
    if you can understand this, I don't see why I can't, if I am a cheater with high definition..lol, would not I can't cheat with more skillful or even cheat it closer and cheat it more legit in the range of Vapor's stupid formula? so I can let the score inside of the legit range and I got WR as well
    so that's why I said the whole thing is being set up wake up people

oh I remember about somethinglike when barry Bonds or Jordan...(of course I am NOT comparing I am like them, I am not a smart guy , far more than that) achieve some amazing milestone, they always were doubt if they take any drug..oh ya, now I understand... and is there anyone can even touch them, nope.
    Thats a very valid point... if (i am not saying you are OPB, just supposing) OPB is cheating, why didn't he play it safe and get a score out in the valid statistical stand point (say within a few 100's of the the median) and still get a WR. That way no one cribs and everythings cool?

Why would he "make" a insane score which definitely puts him in the line of fire?
    My work and bench rig:

i7 920 D0 3939B303 @ 4.2Ghz + ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 w/ 0006 BIOS + 6GB Corsair Dominators CL7 @ DDR3-1600 7-7-7-20-1T + Intel X25-M 80GB SSD G2 + Powercolor HD5870 1GB @ 900/1300 + Dell U2410 H-IPS 24" Screen (pics and more)

My review site: Erodov

Xtreme Addict
    Guys, could you please stop the flaming?
    away & gone

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
    I agree, if score were accepted on face value, then people would start getting away with a lot. However, where do we draw the line? Imagine if people started bantering all of kingpin's threads saying that "dude, this score isn't legit! show me how you did this, or else, you suckz!" Why should kingpin take this bum rap, he will cleanly show the door to the fellow.
    I'll quote ONLY this....
    IF someone was saying things like that for k|ngp|n, I ASURE you that HE HIMSHELF, whould call those guys to get to his benching place, with THEIR Hard disk in hands, so to put them into a SATA slot and bench again with THEIR Hard Disks to replicate the bench.....
    ASK OPB to do the same.....
    Last edited by hipro5; 10-26-2007 at 12:40 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Guys,

Charles asked you politely to keep it civil.
    All some of you have done until right now is flaming and name calling.

So I'm gonna ask you all for the last time to keep it on topic and stop the flaming and name calling.
    This results in absolutely nothing at all, other than the thread being locked and removed.
    Rig #1
    Gigabyte P67A-UD4 trying to figure out this POS board
    2600k @ ?????
    2x2Gb GSkill RipJaws-X 1333 (7-7-7-21)
    ATI 5850
    Coba Nitrox 750W
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, Watercool GPU-X³ 5870 Nickel, PA120.3, Laing Ultra with XSPC top

Rig #2
    DFI UT P35-T2R (0317 bios)
    E8200 @ 4000 (1.216V) / 4100 (1.248V) / 4200 (1.296V) / 4300 (1.344V)
    2x2Gb Chaintech Apogee GT PC2-8500
    Powercolor 4870
    Corsair 520HX
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, EK-FC4870, Feser tripple, Laing Ultra pump

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I've got Supermicro boards that lasted longer than one of my marriages!

Slovenian OC Master
    every tweak OPB posted after "my topic" that should supposed to be The One, does the same thing, free more RAM, every single one of them!!!! and If those tweaks helped quite a bit on AMD64 platform, everyone here should know that is does very little on Intel C2D platform, especialy for sub 10 Superpi 1M!!!!!!
    OC-Lab.si!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    I'll quote ONLY this....
    IF someone was saying things like that for k|ngp|n, I ASURE you that HE HIMSHELF, whould call those guys to get to his benching place, with THEIR Hard disk in hands, so to put it into a SATA slot and bench again to replicate the bench.....
    ASK OPB to do the same.....
    I can 100% do that Master

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaayam View Post
    Why do you think you have the "power" to determinate when and where OPB has the last chance to clean up his name?
    It's not his last chance, there is no 'last chance,' nor did I say this was his last chance...but disclosing the method is his last bastion of hope for clearing his name. It can't be a bug/fluke (too many occurences), therefore it has to be intentional...disclosing the methods is how he would do this.

And he can do it whenever/wherever he wants...if he chooses too. Now would be a good time, considering it's the topic of discussion right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kidoman
    I agree, if score were accepted on face value, then people would start getting away with a lot. However, where do we draw the line? Imagine if people started bantering all of kingpin's threads saying that "dude, this score isn't legit! show me how you did this, or else, you suckz!" Why should kingpin take this bum rap, he will cleanly show the door to the fellow.
    We know how these benchmarks scale...if someone posted a 3DMark score at 5GHz with cards at 1000/1000 that Hipro/KP/Shamino and others have needed 5150MHZ with cards at 1050/1100 , there'd be equal questioning. And if one of them posted the score at the insane clocks...they'd practically die trying to prove it to everyone else and protect their honor.

In this situation, OPB would have needed ~5670-5700MHz for 8.906 with his FSB/RAM settings, he got it at 5550MHz. If he had done it at 5650, we'd look at it and say: "damn that's a sick score." But he beat that by 100MHz and that wasn't even his most egregious score.

On top of all that...his performance products are all over the place and have little consistency. If this were some tweak, it'd be consistent, and therefore result in consistent performance products, but his results are far from consistent. 1M is a very consistent, nearly-untweakable benchmark.

Frankly...his responses and his defense really do speak volumes about how seriously we can take his scores. He's not even willing to seriously back them up, he just changes the subject or flames. He's mentioned he wants to clear his name, hoping CDT-IV would do it...but it's not nearly powerful enough of a tweak, and here we are anticipating some effort from him to clear his name we're not seeing it.

Turkey Man
    Awesome, i look forward to seeing pigs fly

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    I can 100% do that Master
    Heh, heh, heh.......My FIRST quote to you after.....some months?.....

Firstly please stop that "master" word......Everyone is a "master" of his self and noone elses.....

Now......Couldn't you have done that when it was asked to you some months ago?.......
    OK......NEVER it's too late until it's late.....
    So if you could accept someone "neutral" to your place with HIS Hard Disk in hands so you can put it into your SATA slot and then do your tweaks and get a GOOD score of - let's say - a 32M Super-Pi at 3600MHz, then IT'S FINE at least with me.....
    IF the score is BETTER than ALL the other's and not just "average", I myself, will ask you sorry....
    Last edited by hipro5; 10-26-2007 at 02:42 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

OCTeamDenmark Founder Nosfer@tu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    __
    maybe you should lisen to the mods and just edit your reply there.
    Former owner of OCTeamDenmark.com
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Heh, heh, heh.......My FIRST quote to you after.....some months?.....

Firstly please stop that "master" word......Everyone is a "master" of his self and noone elses.....

Now......Couldn't you have done that when it was asked to you some months ago?.......
    OK......NEVER it's too late until it's late.....
    So if you could accept someone "neutral" to your place with HIS Hard Disk in hands so you can put it into your SATA slot and then do your tweaks and get a GOOD score of - let's say - a 32M Super-Pi at 3600MHz, then IT'S FINE at least with me.....
    IF the score is BETTER that ALL the other's and not just "average", I myself, will ask you sorry....
    well he is accepting your challenge, can all be calm now? admins are asking to stop flaming, please do it, (not pointing to you hipro..)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaayam View Post
    well he is accepting your challenge, can all be calm now? admins are asking to stop flaming, please do it, (not pointing to you hipro..)
    no, neither was he doing flaming nor challenge I think I am now sharing step by step way to a neutral person to do that already

the only question I have is why sata drive? can it be an IDE?

Banned
    no, neither was he doing flaming nor challenge I think I am now sharing step by step way to a neutral person to do that already

that's cool

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers

No problem with the HD if it's SATA or PATA......
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

I am Xtreme
    Good to see things calm down a bit here and OPB is taking the opportunity to clear himself from all the mistery that's involved around him and his scores.

For OPB, i would like to say that my post somewhere in this thread was never meant to bash your English, heck mine is far from perfect so why should i be picky on yours?

It was that i just didn't fully understand it and i wanted to try this tweak but couldn't get the free mem to match the systemcache.

I'm glad to see you adjusted your attitude toward the members here, i mean, i always enjoyed the theads you posted in and teached us about memtimings and stuff like that, you ought to know i have nothing against you budddy.

Let's try to play nice, to everyone.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Good to see things calm down a bit here and OPB is taking the opportunity to clear himself from all the mistery that's involved around him and his scores.

For OPB, i would like to say that my post somewhere in this thread was never meant to bash your English, heck mine is far from perfect so why should i be picky on yours?

It was that i just didn't fully understand it and i wanted to try this tweak but couldn't get the free mem to match the systemcache.

I'm glad to see you adjusted your attitude toward the members here, i mean, i always enjoyed the theads you posted in and teached us about memtimings and stuff like that, you ought to know i have nothing against you budddy.

Let's try to play nice, to everyone.

that's no problem at all, like I told Charles, IMFU and Vince (during CES 2007), I am 5 minutes temper guy. so no worries,I love to help people no matter what. I certainly remember the communication amount all the members here and I.

approaching aphelion
    Don't wanna participate really and this has nothing to do with parts involved... in fact it's a bit off topic so it doesn't need to be followed.

Quote Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
    but thats how the rule of percentile works right? The top rankers in any IQ test are usually a grade above the rest of the crowd. That kind of a high score doesn't make their score invalid...
    Just to say human cognitive abilities aren't comparable that way to hardware/software functionning.
    Best Regards,
    Xavier

"I prefer to fly alone... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me..." Col. René Fonck (1894-1953), the Ace of Aces.

Xtreme Addict
    Glad to see both sides making the effort here. Thanks guys for trying hard to keep this thread en route to the subject in hand, hopefully we can start to rebuild some bridges round here and put the past in the past

OPB's CDT-iv DOES work as a tweak
    but the problem is, is it possible to achieve an incredibaly fast 12min39s @ 3.6G DDR2 1230 5-5-4-5?

using opb's CDT-iv tweak, it should easily do 12min30s with DDR3 1700ish 6-5-5-15 or DDR3 2000ish 8-6-6-x last but not least,
    is it possible that result is achieved at a higher clock and the clock is detuned later to 3.6G?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i shaved 4,2sec by only changing from raptor to iram at 3600... think about it...

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen View Post
    i shaved 4,2sec by only changing from raptor to iram at 3600... think about it...
    I saved nothing by going to iRam, but as we see on the above picture, we can easilly see that 12.55m to 12.39m on DDR2 is HUGE difference....No?.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

approaching aphelion
    Here's my humble contribution. Purpose was to see what's the difference between CDT and another copy waza method for Spi32M.

So; I've ran 2 32M yesterday @4.8GHz (wished for better clocks but the chip is FSB bugged @about 535FSB ); testing conditions are basically the same (see screenshot for hardware details). Both times, available real mem was about 543k with a difference of let's say 1k which is not significant IMHO.

1) run with CDT = 10m 33s
    2) run after reboot with one of my cw .zip file = 10m 29s

Sorry for not having ran an untweaked one, but I'm quite sure it would have been slower than 10m 33s on my P5B.

To be back on topic. As it was said earlier in this thread, if CDT's really 60% of an entire method; so that's logical, it works and after comparison with another cw method, it can be improved.
    Last edited by before; 10-26-2007 at 02:49 AM.
    Best Regards,
    Xavier

"I prefer to fly alone... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me..." Col. René Fonck (1894-1953), the Ace of Aces.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Final1977 View Post
    OPB's CDT-iv DOES work as a tweak
    but the problem is, is it possible to achieve an incredibaly fast 12min39s @ 3.6G DDR2 1230 5-5-4-5?

using opb's CDT-iv tweak, it should easily do 12min30s with DDR3 1700ish 6-5-5-15 or DDR3 2000ish 8-6-6-x last but not least,
    is it possible that result is achieved at a higher clock and the clock is detuned later to 3.6G?
    Please don't post again in this thread before thinking! Admins asked to stop flaming, so please don't! This thread is already 10 pages, with no more than a few posts being really ontopic/informative/positive.

Also, you do not think someone here, or OPB himself is that stupid to claim results at lowered clocks, do you?!

OT:
    I am really happy to see everything is going to normal again. We've all missed OPB, no? Thanks to Fugger, IFMU and all other who contribute to resolving the problem!

My point - No one thrashes his name for a few stupid ms in SPi.

Have a nice day,
    Abyss
    DFI LP UT nF4 Ultrа-D rev.AD0 704-2BTA
    Opty 165 LCBWQ 0722RPAW... 3150@1.506V measured ... Done
    2x1GB Apacer CL3 UCCC @ 282MHz, 3-4-4-8, 1T, 2.65V ... Done
    XFX 7900GS 480M... 650/1750MHz, no vmods for now ... Done

Water:
    pics soon ...
    ApogeeGT ... Installed
    MCW60 ... Installed
    MCR320 ... Installed
    3x Delux-dirt-cheap 120mm fans ... Installed
    DDC3.2 w/ Alphacool top ... Installed
    Aignep nickel plated G1/4 to 12mm barbs ... Installed
    Custom glass res ... Installed
    2m of 12/16mm Reimatic tubing ... Installed

Personal list of kills: NW2.53, NW2.6, NW2.8, IS7, IC7-MAX3, P4P800 Deluxe (2), P4C800 Deluxe (478 mobo MOSFETs SUCK), V9999GE, 7600GS 128DDR3, Vitesta 566 2x256MB, Sicce NOVA pump x2
    Personal list of achievements: OSA144DAA5BN CAB2E 0546FPCW @ 2952MHz, 1.693V on XtremeAir Sonic Tower=>1M, 8M
    SINGLE GALAXY 7600GS @ 748(720)/1800MHz, 1.615V vGPU, 1.89V vMEM ==> 3D01SE 29294, 3D03 15905, 3D05 7291, 3D06 3701

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mord View Post
    My point - No one thrashes his name for a few stupid ms in SPi.
    I agree absolutely, why all this problems envolving a abandoned benchmark? I mean, the XS is not all about SPi, its about to be extreme.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast