Thread: Mini P180 CPU and GPU loop

Mini P180 CPU and GPU loop

Few pic of my first build. If you have suggestion on how to improve performance or noise I’m interested

Before

After removing the hard-drive tray (about 15-20 pop rivet drilled)

Oops drilled 2 rivets holding the motherboard tray. No problem I have some tie-wrap (You can see it also on the above pic)

And here is the final result.

Only three leaks :P. I though both fitting on the VGA were tight but they were actually seating on the WB burr so after 3 quarter turn it stopped leaking. Good thing I would have like to know before putting the computer at an angle will allow the water leaking from the GPU to go outside of the case instead of between the GPU and WB :p. Anyway a good shot of compressor and everything was alright.

The other was the CPU fitting I kept tightening a quarter turn and it kept dripping about a drop of water each 30min. Then it stopped so I plugged everything, started the computer and stress test and bam it leak fairly hard :P. It was actually the silver part that is rotated to accommodate larger fitting on the apogee XT. So we had to unscrews the compression ring; let a bit of air enter through the tube until the level was low enough; remove the fitting; tighten the shiny silver thingy; screw the fitting; put back the tube; refill and voila I have a nice little water cooling loop.

Other thing I'd like to mention

Temps are average (at 4.0ghz) and those scythe S-Flex 1600rpm are noisy so I soldered them together and plugged them in the CPU fan header so now idle is much less noisy but load temp are still average and noisy. At 3.6 GHz with energy saving function activated on the CPU/GPU temps are great but now the pump and HDD are a little noisy.
    I'm thinking of adding another 120.2 in place of the big boy but the hole on top of the case is something like 180mm in diameter so I'm not sure if it would be worth it. Here is how it would look like.

Also can somebody tell me what is TMPIN2 it get really hot as soon as I stress test

Last edited by Caddish; 03-13-2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Antec Mini P180 .:. i7-860 @ 3.6GHz .:. GIGABYTE P55M-UD4 .:. GSKILL 2x2GB @ 1440MHz 1.35v .:. HIS Radeon HD 5850 .:. XFX 650W .:. 1TB WD Caviar Black .:. Win 7 Pro x64
    Water cooling worklog here

Lol good one, yesterday I tryed to cool my hand on the intake fan and suprise warm air was coming out, tryed the big boy ... warm hair was coming out . Turns out all 4 fan were exhausting air :facepalm. So I turned around both fan in the upper left corner so that they blow air inside the case and the two on the radiator to exhaust air and now my load temp have droped 20C
    Antec Mini P180 .:. i7-860 @ 3.6GHz .:. GIGABYTE P55M-UD4 .:. GSKILL 2x2GB @ 1440MHz 1.35v .:. HIS Radeon HD 5850 .:. XFX 650W .:. 1TB WD Caviar Black .:. Win 7 Pro x64
    Water cooling worklog here