Thread: I am OFFICALLY DONE WITH CORSAIR MEMORY AND THEIR PRODUCTS

Hybrid View

Live Long And Overclock
    Their Vengeance series memory is only one product from a line of products.

Why would you blame all of Corsair for shoddy memory covers?

Though I will be avoiding that memory as well now.

Xtreme Member
    [QUOTE=perkam;4856046]Their Vengeance series memory is only one product from a line of products.

True but I expected more of them as a company when this happened as easy as me moving modules from slots 2 and 4 to slots 1 and 3

They claim to bake the head spreaders to the mem modules

[quote
    GSkill from here on out

Brilliant Idiot
    To be rather blunt, I have a set of corsair that the spreaders fell off of......also a set of OCZ and gskill.

I also have sets that i removed spreader.

The way that thermal adhesive is shredded it sure looks like someone was curious what IC's were under the hood.........
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    To be rather blunt, I have a set of corsair that the spreaders fell off of......also a set of OCZ and gskill.

I also have sets that i removed spreader.

The way that thermal adhesive is shredded it sure looks like someone was curious what IC's were under the hood.........
    Nope I was moving them around and putting pressure on them to seat them in the slots and the heatspreaders separated causing this. There is only some clear sticky stuff holding it all together

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post

I think you are wrong Perkam.
    Dominators = baked heatspreaders...

Value, XMS, Vengeance, SO-DIMM and everything else is either no heatspreader or sticky thermal crap.

However... I honestly dont get this thread, the baked heatspreaders of dominator rocks, one of the 2 main leaps that Corsair has... Corsairs main leap is their unique PCB quality.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Value, XMS, Vengeance, SO-DIMM and everything else is either no heatspreader or sticky thermal crap.
    No XMS3 DHX were definitely baked.

There's no chance that sticky crap could pull a chip off unless it was UBER sticky.

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ TRICHEESE View Post
    No XMS3 DHX were definitely baked.

There's no chance that sticky crap could pull a chip off unless it was UBER sticky.
    Yea, DHX are but...
    http://www.corsair.com/memory/xms-classic.html

Dont think the others are.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Yea, DHX are but...
    http://www.corsair.com/memory/xms-classic.html

Dont think the others are.
    i have a set of those and they are stickered on, u can see the sticky stuff on it.

i thought that they were all sticky unless it had the older dominator style spreaders
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post

Get the XSPC Universal Memory water cooling set...you get 3/16'' thick aluminum heatspreaders for two sticks, a copper block, and 0.5mm thick heat transfer pads....all for $60. It is unbelievably super high quality for cheap...I was very impressed. Just had to type something out with my new Corsair K70 Cherry mechanical keyboard........I wouldn't say their keyboards are cheap, I've never seen an aluminum keyboard like this and every key is back lit with a red led....nice!
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DefStar View Post
    Get the XSPC Universal Memory water cooling set...you get 3/16'' thick aluminum heatspreaders for two sticks, a copper block, and 0.5mm thick heat transfer pads....all for $60. It is unbelievably super high quality for cheap...I was very impressed. Just had to type something out with my new Corsair K70 Cherry mechanical keyboard........I wouldn't say their keyboards are cheap, I've never seen an aluminum keyboard like this and every key is back lit with a red led....nice!
    2+ year old thread bump...
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770