Thread: Just Another P55 Pictures

Hybrid View

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
    wow jam packed board - triple bios too!

why 1 degree rotation of the socket ?
    im guessing its so the mobo has a biit more material in between the 2 socket mounts alowise there would be a danger it could break as it would be like tinnnnnny gap between them
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    im guessing its so the mobo has a biit more material in between the 2 socket mounts alowise there would be a danger it could break as it would be like tinnnnnny gap between them
    theres no gap, the holes will overlap into each other to form peanuts

the socket is not rotated but the 775 mount holes are

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    theres no gap, the holes will overlap into each other to form peanuts

the socket is not rotated but the 775 mount holes are
    That seems like a bad idea for those using stock coolers or anything resembling them.

If you have the holes overlap, you'll have to ensure that the two plastic prongs which get pushed apart by the cooler pin are both pushing against PCB... and that one of them is not pushing into the other hole (resulting in more loose mounting).

How will this be avoided?

Quote Originally Posted by Sr7 View Post
    If you have the holes overlap, you'll have to ensure that the two plastic prongs which get pushed apart by the cooler pin are both pushing against PCB... and that one of them is not pushing into the other hole (resulting in more loose mounting).
    The holes are rotated so that exactly that does not happen. Look at the pics in the first post!
    Last edited by Don_Dan; 07-26-2009 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    The holes are rotated so that exactly that does not happen. Look at the pics in the first post!
    Obviously I did.

It looks like it will be close to popping through... it depends on how overlappe the holes end up:

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2...I77512B-C-.jpg

I just looked at one of my own Intel coolers, it should fit, the prongs are really small and it *should* fit judging from pictures of the board.
    But on the other hand, who will be using push-pin coolers on this board anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    I just looked at one of my own Intel coolers, it should fit, the prongs are really small and it *should* fit judging from pictures of the board.
    But on the other hand, who will be using push-pin coolers on this board anyway?
    Plenty of people... 95% of people buy products for what they "could" do, not what they do. Lots of people will buy this motherboard not to overclock right away, but to get a high quality EVGA brand P55 mobo that they can overclock later on down the road.

Don't let the demographic here deceive you.. not all customers will be pouring LN2...
    Last edited by Sr7; 07-26-2009 at 10:42 AM.