Thread: SSD Write Endurance 25nm Vs 34nm

Hybrid View

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Ao1,
    Try using the Randomize compressibility, it would be very close to real life IO as it would be a complete mix of the different levels of compression that are available.
    I'll switch to the new version shortly, it won't change anything for the Intels though.
    The incompressible level you selected is actually 101% as it's totally incompressible. (it would result in a file of 101% of the original using 7Zip)

Overthere,
    I can see that hIOmon sees it that way and I don't think it can do otherwise.

@johnw

There aren't that many files that are incompressible, mp3, jpg, png, raw image files from DSLRs are all examples of so called incompressible files.
    Programfiles, dll's, documents, most temporary files, datafiles, windows log files are usually easily compressible.

Unless you are solely working with images, producing mpegs there is bound to be a lot of easily compressible data.
    You'd be surprised, try making a backup image of your C drive using e..g Acronis TrueImage, it is very likely that it would be somewhere between 33-50% of the acual size.
    Last edited by Anvil; 05-21-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    -
    Hardware: