Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: aquaero 5 series

I am Xtreme
    Phatboy,or anybody else, where are you placing some of your temp sensors and how are you attaching them?

Thanks,
    John

Xtreme Batrachian
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrouse View Post
    Phatboy,or anybody else, where are you placing some of your temp sensors and how are you attaching them?

Thanks,
    John
    I have air in/ air out on the rad, case temp, water out of res, water out of rad, water out of GPU, water out of CPU and water out NB/MOSFET...

Don't understand the "how are you attaching them" part though...

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.836360,-0.138677
    Last edited by MrToad; 08-20-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by MrToad View Post
    Don't understand the "how are you attaching them" part though...
    Well the ones I have are essentially thermocouples. Are you taping them in place, to a surface?

Thanks,
    John

Xtreme Batrachian
    Well the ones I have are essentially thermocouples. Are you taping them in place, to a surface?

Thanks,
    John
    I have the air in, air out and case temp taped with kapton tape (air in to a fan filter, air out to the frame of a fan, case temp in between cards), the rest are these, these or these
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

I am Xtreme
    I guys, I thought I had all my answers but can't seem to find this one. I am going to wire the relay into the power switch for shutting down the PC on an alatm. I also have the USB hooked up. What is the stand by for on the attached picture?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ae_pwr_taster.png 
Views:	1075 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	119183

Thank you,
    John

Xtreme Addict
    Guys i have problem. When i plug in 8 fans: Phobya G-Silent 14 1100rpm Red LED, i have very high temp on Fan power amplifier - that is 95+ degrees. This is how that looks:

Connection looks like this:

Canal 1 - 2 fans
    Canal 2 - 3 fans
    Canal 3 - 3 fans

Technical specifications of fan:

Dimensions: 140 x 140 x 25mm
    Colour: Transparent frame, blue fan blades and blue LEDs
    Weight: 140g
    Nominal voltage: 12V
    Starting voltage: 7V
    Current draw: 0.17A
    Nominal speed: 1100rpm (+/-10%)
    Airflow: 90m³/h / 53 CFM
    Noise level: 24 dB(A)
    MTBF (25°C): 50.000hrs
    Connector: 3-Pin
    Maximum static pressure: 1.61 mm H2O
    Special features: 4 integrated red LEDs for lighting

What can be wrong ?

Ω
    Has anyone tried using Aquasuite 2010 B6 yet? I tried to update my firmware to 1014 and it just keeps saying "Error!, reflash firmware" and the software no longer communicates with my AE5.
    Ω Raven Build Blog

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
    " Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" - In times of war, the law falls silent.

Xtreme Addict
    Look up - i have b6 and no problem with update ae5 to 1014

Aqua Computer Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGJOHNH24 View Post
    Question how much will the mod cost ?
    Question 2 dose the A5 Pro version have any of the same issues?
    At the moment it is not clear how we will offer that. Of course people with problems should get it for almost free but this also brings us to the problem that also people without problems want to have it. It's new, it's shiny - I must own it even if I have no advantages at all

I flashed it and it never returned. It did look cool for about 2 minutes.
    Does the red LED at the back work? No matter if it blinks or stay on permanently: in this case you have a chance to recover it. Remove all unnecessary connections with exception of the power. When turned off, place jumpers on the temperature sensors 5 to 8. Start the device afterwards and you should come up with a new screen which tells you that your device is in recovery mode now. Turn it off, remove the jumpers, attach USB and run the aquasuite. You should be now able to flash the firmware again.

Quote Originally Posted by ohms View Post
    I tried to update my firmware to 1014 and it just keeps saying "Error!, reflash firmware" and the software no longer communicates with my AE5.
    Maybe you should try a reset before flashing. Follow the instructions above but only place a jumper on temperature sensor 8!
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    Does the red LED at the back work? No matter if it blinks or stay on permanently: in this case you have a chance to recover it. Remove all unnecessary connections with exception of the power. When turned off, place jumpers on the temperature sensors 5 to 8. Start the device afterwards and you should come up with a new screen which tells you that your device is in recovery mode now. Turn it off, remove the jumpers, attach USB and run the aquasuite. You should be now able to flash the firmware again.
    Shoggy, here is what I got.

The red light on the back was on. Also, everything else seemed to work except the LCD. I tried all 4 fan channels and a couple temp sensors and they were ok. Also, the Aquabus seemed to see the extras from my PA2's.

I powered off the PC
    I put jumpers on temp sensors 5, 6, 7 and 8 on the AE5
    I pluged the power into the AE5
    I turned on the PC
    I left it on for about 5 minutes but never got any text on the LCD about recovey mode
    I powered off the PC
    I removed the jumpers from temp sensors 5, 6, 7 and 8 on the AE5
    I hooked up the USB cable to the AE5
    I powered back on the PC
    I launched Aquasuite 2012 beta 6 and flashed the bios (1014 I think)
    The AE5 immediately beeped about three times, quite loudly. I had no LCD
    I powered off the PC
    I powered on the PC
    I am able to see all the sections in the software but still have nothing on the LCD

What do you suggest I try now?
    Thank you,
    John

Aqua Computer Rep
    OK, the controller is working correctly so I guess your display is damaged when you don't see anything. It is only plugged to the main controller so you could try to remove it and plug it back again. Maybe some bad contact.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ohms View Post
    Has anyone tried using Aquasuite 2010 B6 yet? I tried to update my firmware to 1014 and it just keeps saying "Error!, reflash firmware" and the software no longer communicates with my AE5.
    Working perfectly fine on my ae5 pro

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    4960X@4.7 | Asus RIVF | 16Gb@2400 | 256Gb 840 Pro | R9 290 | AX-860W | 540Air | Custom W/C

I am Xtreme
    yepper. Tried that twice.

Aqua Computer Rep
    Errr, tried what? Firmware flash or plugging the display out and in?

I am Xtreme
    Errr, tried what? Firmware flash or plugging the display out and in?
    Plugging and unplugging the LCD. Here is where I am at not. the red light on the read is on solid. Also, as soon as i plug in the USB connection, even with the PC turned off, ithe AE5 beeps a few times and the backlight comes on and the three touch buttons light up solid red. When I power on the PC it remains the same way.

John

Aqua Computer Rep
    Check your e-mails.

I am Xtreme
    Check your e-mails.
    Now THAT is customer service. SO everyone knows, this all happened on a Sunday and when I check my email first thing Monday morning the new LCD was on it's way.

Thank you Aquacomputer,
    John

Ω
    Maybe you should try a reset before flashing. Follow the instructions above but only place a jumper on temperature sensor 8!
    I'll give it a try. Thanks Shoggy!
    Ω Raven Build Blog

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
    " Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" - In times of war, the law falls silent.

I have a quick question for aquero 5 owners or possibly Shoggy if he sees this, is it possible to configure the unit to keep the pump and fans running off the aquaero 5 after the pc has powered down using the new software in conjunction with the relay plug and the atx extension you sell? If it isnt would it be feasible to implement in the future?
    • Intel i7 2600k
    • Asus p8p67 M-Pro
    • 8gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 8-8-8-22
    • MSI GTX 460 756mb SLi
    • Corsair AX850

• EK Supreme HF Nickel
    • EK FC GTX460 x2
    • EK Dominator Nickel Block
    • EK Coolstream 120
    • HW labs GTX M160
    • Laing DDC Ultra

• Silverstone FT03

Aqua Computer Rep
    That is not possible and also will never be because when your PC is turned off you don't have any 12V supply.

Also don't believe in that idiotic marketing that you would have any advantages by using this feature. When there PC is off the temperatures fall down immediately and there is absolutely not reason to cool that any further.

Xtreme Cruncher
    There is definitely a benefit. In a OC environment there is a lot of system restarting when testing settings. any board i have had recently shuts down the power when changing settings as well.

So by keeping it running you save on pump and fan motor wear and tear. I myself run a separate power supply to my water cooling for this very reason.

Not saying this is a feasible option for this device. Just saying there is a definite benefit and want for this.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Yin|Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3|Swiftech XT -> GTX240 -> DDC+ w/ Petra's|2600K @ 5.0GHz @1.368V |4 x 4 GB G.Skill Eco DDR3-1600-8-8-8-24|Asus DirectCUII GTX670|120 GB Crucial M4|2 x 2 TB Seagate LP(Raid-0)|Plextor 755-SA|Auzentech Prelude 7.1|Seasonic M12-700|Lian-Li PC-6077B (Heavily Modded)

Squire|Shuttle SD36G5M| R.I.P.

I am Xtreme
    I guys, I thought I had all my answers but can't seem to find this one. I am going to wire the relay into the power switch for shutting down the PC on an alatm. I also have the USB hooked up. What is the stand by for on the attached picture?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ae_pwr_taster.png 
Views:	1075 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	119183

Thank you,
    John
    Bump ...

Sorry, still looking for an answer.
    John

Aqua Computer Rep
    When you connect the relay parallel to the power button of your case you will not need the standby cable.

You would only need it when you want to use the ATX break adapter and when USB (which normally powers your aquaero when the PC is turned off) is not connected. In this case you would not be able to turn on the PC anymore when it has been turned off by the relay because when it breaks the power, also the main power of the aquaero gets interrupted and the relay is not able to switch back in its normal position. By using the standby power the relay is able to switch back so you can turn on your PC again.

I am Xtreme
    When you connect the relay parallel to the power button of your case you will not need the standby cable.

You would only need it when you want to use the ATX break adapter and when USB (which normally powers your aquaero when the PC is turned off) is not connected. In this case you would not be able to turn on the PC anymore when it has been turned off by the relay because when it breaks the power, also the main power of the aquaero gets interrupted and the relay is not able to switch back in its normal position. By using the standby power the relay is able to switch back so you can turn on your PC again.
    Shoggy,

Nice explanation. Thank you. Next question(s):

A PC power switch is a normally open switch, correct ?

When wiring the relay into the switch I use pins 1 and 3 on the relay plug. Does the order matter (positive or negative)?

Can I just wire them directly to the switch (along with the wires going to the mainboard) as opposed to splicing them into the middle somewhere?

Thanks,
    John

Aqua Computer Rep
    Yes, the power button is a open connection so only when it is closed something will happen (power on/off, standby etc.).

The order does not matter since there is no positive or negative. Image it the following way: the negative line is already on the mainboard while the positive line is connected to the button with two ends. So by pressing the button you will close this line and something will happen. Of course in this case it does not matter how you connect it since this wire has no specific polarity.

You can connect them where you like: at the button, at the mainboard or somewhere in between It will always be the same when the connection is closed by the button or the relay.

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast