Thread: Video memory tester?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Facepalm. Just run furmark, or don't test it. Game on it for a while. Unless you are bitcoin mining or running F@H GPU I doubt you will need the stability testing.
    GDDR5 is self-error correcting, so it skips clocks as a fail-safe. You end up with lower performance. Once it can't correct you will start to get artifacts on screen, possibly a lock up with grey screen. I actually usually run 3DMark06 to test this.

Facepalm eh?

Furmark? Nah, I found it didnt catch very many errors and is only good for giving you a good indication of how well your cooling is doing since it does heat up GPU a lot.
    Anyways I think I have found the perfect tool. MemtestCL (by the F@H team) , this thing even detected errors on GPU that OCCT GPU test couldnt find. You can set it to also test video memory by a command line to use all avaiable video memory. I find leaving MemtestCL overnight much more reliable. It found errors even after long sessions of different game engines that seemed stable.

And btw, can you plz show a little more respect, and stop assuming I just got a computer yesterday.....
    I have been OCing for a loooong time, I think I would know by now what artifacts and hard locks are......
    In any case both programs furmark and 3dmark 06 I find let a lot of stuff slide. Heck even valves source engine is a better stability tester then those 2.
    As of right now like I said, for video card im finding memtestcl the best. It may be new, but thank god the folding creators made this, its even better then OCCT.
    Last edited by Poci; 08-08-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    CPU: Phenom II X4 940
    HSF: Rocketfish POS
    Mobo: DFI/Sapphire Pure 790X
    RAM: Mushkin 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 1066@400mhz (5-5-5-18)
    HDD1: Velociraptor 150GB
    HDD2/3: WD Caviar Blue 250GB/Seagate Barracuda 160GB
    Optical: Pioneer 215D
    Video: Asus 6950 2GB
    Audio: X-Fi Fatality Professonal
    Misc: Logitech G15/G5/Razer Piranha
    Case/PSU: TT Dokker/TT Toughpower XT 775W
    Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster BX2235
    Drivers: Newest