Thread: [Sweclockers] EXTRA: Problems with Sand Force 2 - withdrawal in sight

Hybrid View

Xtreme Mentor
    It certainly seems that 2.02 is more stable BUT, if it was that stable why has back flashing been excluded as an interim solution?

Its also hard to understand how these issues did not get picked up by any of the SF vendors that are supposed to test/valid the FW before release. Looking on the Corsair forum it is occurring on SATA 2 & 3 and a wide range of motherboards.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ao1 View Post
    It certainly seems that 2.02 is more stable BUT, if it was that stable why has back flashing been excluded as an interim solution?

Its also hard to understand how these issues did not get picked up by any of the SF vendors that are supposed to test/valid the FW before release. Looking on the Corsair forum it is occurring on SATA 2 & 3 and a wide range of motherboards.
    Beats me

All my Vertex 3's on 2.02 are doing just fine and the one I did flash to 2.06 looks fine as well.
    The Agility 3 that arrived with 2.06 is flaky at best on P67/Z68, X58 looks fine though, strange...

Anyways, they cant expect ordinary people to perform any tasks other than the normal ones before installing the OS onto their brand new SSDs.
    Last edited by Anvil; 06-07-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    -
    Hardware: