Thread: Tired of wasting money, help me pick a Reservoir please!

Hybrid View

Xtremely Mediocre
    Just remove the cover. It should fit. I have two EK 250mm v 2 reservoirs with a dual loop top in that exact space with a 3-way SLI setup in front of it. Apologies for the horribly dark picture, but I don't have anything else handy at the moment. I can try to get a better one in 10 hours when I get home

i950 @ 4Ghz on Apogee XT and Feser X-Changer 360 (Loop 1)
    EVGA X58 Classified (E760) on EK Waterblocks Fullcover (Loop 1)
    6Gb Corsair Dominator
    GTX 570 3-way SLI on EK Waterblocks via EK serial bridge and Thermochill PA 120.2, EK Coolstream XTC 140.1 & Coolgate 120.1 (Loop 2)
    2 x MCP 655 via EK Dual Loop Top
    Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W PSU

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by mackintosh View Post
    Just remove the cover. It should fit. I have two EK 250mm v 2 reservoirs with a dual loop top in that exact space with a 3-way SLI setup in front of it. Apologies for the horribly dark picture, but I don't have anything else handy at the moment. I can try to get a better one in 10 hours when I get home

Thanks for the picture! What's the diameter of your reservoir? I'm going to be using 80mm Koolance tubes. Not sure how I'm going to fit it, but I'm crossing my fingers that it fits.

Xtremely Mediocre
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcZ View Post
    Thanks for the picture! What's the diameter of your reservoir? I'm going to be using 80mm Koolance tubes. Not sure how I'm going to fit it, but I'm crossing my fingers that it fits.
    Unfortunately the EK v2 res is "only" 60mm. 80mm might be a very, very tight fit. My pair is a tight fit at 60mm, but that's mostly due to there being two of them, the dual top and the fact that I needed to make room for fittings and tubing going from the top as well. Maybe a single larger res will fit in there.

Good luck!
    i950 @ 4Ghz on Apogee XT and Feser X-Changer 360 (Loop 1)
    EVGA X58 Classified (E760) on EK Waterblocks Fullcover (Loop 1)
    6Gb Corsair Dominator
    GTX 570 3-way SLI on EK Waterblocks via EK serial bridge and Thermochill PA 120.2, EK Coolstream XTC 140.1 & Coolgate 120.1 (Loop 2)
    2 x MCP 655 via EK Dual Loop Top
    Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W PSU