Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: keyboard holygrail - Wireless and backlit keyboard by Logitech

Xtreme Member

keyboard holygrail - Wireless and backlit keyboard by Logitech

itech Unveils New K800 Wireless Illuminated Keyboard
    Logitech today introduced the rechargeable Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800, delivering bright, precise illumination — day or night. The newest Logitech keyboard features ambient light and motion sensors, ensuring that you have the right amount of backlight when you need it, while conserving battery life when you don't.

"The Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 is perfect for someone who values both form and function," said Denis Pavillard, vice president of product marketing for Logitech's keyboards and desktops. "The Wireless Illuminated K800 keyboard includes features that make it a standout — smart backlighting, Logitech Unifying technology, our PerfectStroke key system and Logitech Incurve keys — and presents it all in a very stylish and sleek package that's sure to please."

The Wireless Illuminated K800 backlighting automatically adjusts based on the amount of light in the room using ambient light sensors. Motion sensors detect your hands as they approach to turn the backlighting on and to turn it back off when your hands move away. As a result, you'll enjoy bright, precise illumination and more battery life — up to 10 days of battery life without recharging. (Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions.)

The Wireless Illuminated K800 is always ready when you need it thanks to the micro-USB cable that lets you recharge while you type. Due to the fast, flexible recharging, you'll never need to replace the batteries. Instead, you can simply plug in the universal micro-USB cable to recharge the onboard batteries.

Because a good keyboard needs to deliver a good typing experience, the Logitech Wireless Illuminated keyboard includes the PerfectStroke key system and Logitech Incurve keys. The PerfectStroke key system helps make every stroke comfortable, fluid and whisper-quiet. And the concave design and softly rounded edges of the durable Logitech Incurve keys position your fingers properly and invite your fingertips to glide from key to key, hour after hour. Additionally, the letters and characters on the keys are very durable and won't wear off.

The Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 is also the latest in a line of Logitech Unifying-compatible mice and keyboards that feature the tiny, leave-in receiver - so small you can leave it in your laptop. Unifying-compatible keyboards feature Logitech Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity, virtually eliminating delays and dropouts.

http://techpowerup.com/128983/Logite..._Keyboard.html

the design is too normal... i wish they had added backlight to dinovo edge..

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Almost. Almost. Holy grail for me would be mechanical, wireless, ergonomic split-half and backlit. I'd settle for mechanical, wireless and ergonomic though.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Addict
    Ergonomic split-half and the rest as it is would be perfect for me.
    I have an Illuminated keyboard and that perfect-stroke system is great. I love this keyboard.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    I'm currently using a Microsoft "Natural Ergonomic" 7000 - ergonomic, split-half, wireless and very comfortable - however the non-mechanical nature is showing: the number-row '8' key is failing, WASD occasionally fail to respond and the Backspace key is also becoming finnicky. Backlit would be nice, but comes second to reliability.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well it's about time ! looks nice, my htpc needs new kb, i hope it's not heavy.

but why not bt ? and i hope it has litium-ion battery and not ni-me.
    Gaming: SaberThooth X79,3930k,Asus6970DCII_Xfire,32gb,120OCZV3MaxIOPS, ThermaTake Chaser MK1
    HTPC:AMD630,ATI5750,4gb,3TB,ThermalTake DH103
    Server: E4500,4GB,5TB
    Netbook: Dell Vostro 1440

Banned
    Why the hell, almost 90% of keyboards nowadays have small and low keys.They all wanna look like notebook keyboards, there however its a MUST because it has to be small and fit under the closed screen.Why oh why on dekstop ?Thats less ergonomic and theres is no point in that on desktop.Damn.
    Big fat keys like i had on the commodore and amiga would be awesome.

Xtreme Mentor
    Can't they just make a G15-like wireless keyboard?
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

all outta gum
    And it has my favourite layout
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RaV[666] View Post
    Why the hell, almost 90% of keyboards nowadays have small and low keys.They all wanna look like notebook keyboards, there however its a MUST because it has to be small and fit under the closed screen.Why oh why on dekstop ?Thats less ergonomic and theres is no point in that on desktop.Damn.
    Big fat keys like i had on the commodore and amiga would be awesome.
    WORD. I'm still using a KeyTronic with huge #"&¤ keys maybe from 2000 or so and I yet have to find something I'd wanna replace this kb with. This is actually my backup of the exact same kb I bought I started using like 2 months ago because the old kb's rubber beneath "d" key had been a bit damaged so it didn't provide the feedback I wanted when pressing it. Shows the toll that keyboards have to take when playing lots of Unreal Tournament and constant double tapping a or d buttons to dodge. Still it served its purpose for around 9 years of abuse so that's still pretty good for a dome-switch/direct-switch keyboard and hopefully this backup one will serve me at least 7 years.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 08-18-2010 at 03:06 AM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Addict
    Hey guys, give it a try.
    I was doubtful when I first heard of this (who likes notebook keyboards anyway?) and it was love at first sight the moment I tested it.
    My Illuminated keyboard has more than a year now and it works like the first day. No worn keys yet.

And by the way I had a G15 prior to buying it and I don't miss it at all

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gillll View Post
    well it's about time ! looks nice, my htpc needs new kb, i hope it's not heavy.

but why not bt ? and i hope it has litium-ion battery and not ni-me.
    Pretty sure Logitech would put a Lithium-ion battery in it. They've been doing that to their wireless rechargeable mice for years. I don't see why they'd change that in a keyboard that's wireless rechargeable.
    PII 965BE @ 3.8Ghz /|\ TRUE 120 w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan /|\ XFX HD 5870 /|\ 4GB G.Skill 1600mhz DDR3 /|\ Gigabyte 790GPT-UD3H /|\ Two lovely 24" monitors (1920x1200) /|\ and a nice leather chair.

Xtreme Addict
    Meh, I never really liked Logitech's keyboard... The same applies to Cherry. I'm still sad that my IBM Rapid Access 2 doesn't have an USB connector.

Quote Originally Posted by El Maño View Post
    (who likes notebook keyboards anyway?)
    You have to get used to it and now I quite like them. I use keyboards made by Apple and they are quite good. Well, they're nothing compared to the good old IBM keyboards but not bad after all.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maño View Post
    Hey guys, give it a try.
    I was doubtful when I first heard of this (who likes notebook keyboards anyway?) and it was love at first sight the moment I tested it.
    My Illuminated keyboard has more than a year now and it works like the first day. No worn keys yet.

And by the way I had a G15 prior to buying it and I don't miss it at all
    No thanks, typing on a notebook kb for me takes 3-5 times longer than on my own kb and I've tested kbs with flat keys and I didn't like it at all, the bigger the better for me, old IBM kb style keys is just perfect to me.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 08-18-2010 at 03:11 AM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
    No thanks, typing on a notebook kb for me takes 3-5 times longer than on my own kb and I've tested kbs with flat keys and I didn't like it at all, the bigger the better for me, commodore style keys is just perfect to me.
    Just because you're not used to it In general you can type faster on a notebook keyboard (if there's enough space) because the lift (?) is smaller.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mad Pistol, i have the mx5000 and mx1000 mouse,

indeed the mouse is Lithium-ion and works like a charm for several years.

but ..... i wanna make sure
    Gaming: SaberThooth X79,3930k,Asus6970DCII_Xfire,32gb,120OCZV3MaxIOPS, ThermaTake Chaser MK1

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Just because you're not used to it In general you can type faster on a notebook keyboard (if there's enough space) because the lift (?) is smaller.
    That's true. I type much faster with this keyboard.

Xtreme Enthusiast

this is one of the best kb there is ! big keys can handle coffee, and other abuses.

@ work i have only this one

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    Almost. Almost. Holy grail for me would be mechanical, wireless, ergonomic split-half and backlit. I'd settle for mechanical, wireless and ergonomic though.
    99% correct. This keyboard is far from good for people like me. Wireless and wired option is what I need...
    Last edited by Vinas; 08-18-2010 at 03:59 AM.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtremely Kool
    white.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U1xkWHbxs0

I have the back version with the black buttons & the separate number pad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va65j...eature=related

You can mix white/black & sunglass with key sets that you can buy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_N6k...eature=related

Banned
    Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Well i dont know bout that.In a good keyboard with tall keys you dont have to "press" a button all the way down, after just a bit it just "goes", what i do know tho, they fill flimsy, fingers arent resting in them as much and its easier to unintentionally go from one key to another.
    Most of my friends use notebook like keyboards (cause theyre "stylish") and what i know for sure thay make a lot more typos then i do.
    I dont know if you people noticed, but through 1900-1999 key size on pretty much any keyboard was similar.And people were a bit smaller then :P.Only reason flat and small keys have had make their way into consumer devices was "style".

@Gill, is there a wireless variant of this dell ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Rav... that will be the HolyGrail

Xtreme Guru
    I've seen a lot of other kbs with big keys like this Dell but they all seem to have a sharp edge in front, my KeyTronic has a tiny slope at the front making it perfect to rest your wrist against at when the KB is at the edge of the table, which is an important detail to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg 
Views:	2490 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	106785  
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 08-18-2010 at 04:37 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Not even close to holy grail for me.

Give me a mechanical G19, then we'll talk about it. Then again, it will probably cost like $300.. rofl.

Intel Core i7 3770K | Asus Maximus V Gene | 16GB DDR3-1600 | Asus GTX 670 directCU TOP | Intel 320 120GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Enermax Revolution 1050W | Silverstone TJ08-E | Dell UltraSharp U2711

Xtreme Addict
    ergonomic split-half
    -

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverda View Post
    ergonomic split-half
    Is that for ergonomic split-half keyboards, or a because this isn't one?
    Rig specs

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast