Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ATI 5850/5870 voltmod thread

Xtreme Addict
    I have posted this some posts ago
    The man with the littel Barebone!
    And proud Crew of!!!
    Octeamdenmark.com
    Shuttle SX38P2Pro Barebone E8600cpu and HD4870X2 gfx and 2gig Crusial Ballistix PC8500 Cl5 and 2x150gig Raptor in raid 0 and 1x750 gig seagate
    Msi 790FX-GD70 Mobo Amd 955-965 PHII cpus and 2gig Crucial value PC10600@800mhz 7-5-5-15 1T
    And 4x500GB Seagate 7200.12 in raid0
    4xHD5770 in CFQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    sorry

Xtreme Addict
    No harm done mate
    The man with the littel Barebone!
    And proud Crew of!!!
    Octeamdenmark.com
    Shuttle SX38P2Pro Barebone E8600cpu and HD4870X2 gfx and 2gig Crusial Ballistix PC8500 Cl5 and 2x150gig Raptor in raid 0 and 1x750 gig seagate
    Msi 790FX-GD70 Mobo Amd 955-965 PHII cpus and 2gig Crucial value PC10600@800mhz 7-5-5-15 1T
    And 4x500GB Seagate 7200.12 in raid0
    4xHD5770 in CFQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monteboy View Post

Nice job Monte! You getting some solid clocks with it yet..? Most cases caps will help push 1.1core and 1.4mem on water...muchmuch better on LN.
    "If you wield a sword you must be intent on cutting the enemy" - Musashi

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Just FYI the "Memory Voltage" option in RBE doesn't change the memory voltage on the 5870/5970 for sure.
    On those cards there are only 2 software controllable chips, two VT1156MF's, the first is for the GPU Core Voltage ( Vgpu ) and the second one is that weird Vddci.

Vmem & Vmemddq can be changed only by hardmod.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Vmem & Vmemddq can be changed only by hardmod.
    Wanna post a nice and simple guide for us?
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Still working on them ( need to confirm that they work properly, I don't want to be the cause of RMAs ).

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

HWGurus
    One person told me that this should be mvddq/mvddc... I would test it if I still have the card.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by quake6 View Post
    One person told me that this should be mvddq/mvddc... I would test it if I still have the card.

Those seem to be correct ( I've found a soldering spot on the front side of the card though ) [ gonna check them out asap ]

HWGurus
    How much ohm do I have to use? I can't measure it right now so..

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post
    Nice job Monte! You getting some solid clocks with it yet..? Most cases caps will help push 1.1core and 1.4mem on water...muchmuch better on LN.
    Thanks CL3P20 ....
    You're so right !

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monteboy View Post
    Thanks CL3P20 ....
    You're so right !

Nice going!! 1.3core is nothing to balk at
    "If you wield a sword you must be intent on cutting the enemy" - Musashi

When does OCP kick in without mod?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoking View Post
    When does OCP kick in without mod?
    You mean in numbers ( Ampere ) or frequencies ?

I mean, how much voltage can i set, before protection kicks in...
    Can i run 3D with ~1,5V without any problems?
    Last edited by Smoking; 03-02-2010 at 02:35 PM.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    It's the clock frequencies ( GPU Core frequency ) not the voltage that plays a major role.
    If OCP kicks in on a reference 5870 it's usually after 1250MHz GPU freq, AquaMark 3 is good for OCP testing ( especially the last scene, during the big explosion ) [ massive overdraw ]

I see... Then it's easier to solder trimmer to resistor and tune resistance to 18K ohms.
    Thank you.
    Testing one MSI 5870(Non Lightning), with software ~1250Mhz benchable. OCP maybe? Must do OCP mod and then we'll see.

EDIT:

Yesterday i did the mod... Unfortunately didn't find enough caps , but will get some.
    Last edited by Smoking; 03-11-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sadly I couldn't realize OCP/OVP and vGPU for 5850, any possible light on it my friends?
    990FXA-UD3 | FX8350@4.7Ghz | Asus HD7870 | 2x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2050Mhz 8-8-8-22 | AX850W |SSD Vertex3 Max IOPS 120GB | Auzentech Forte + TAPCO-S5

EK Supreme Full-Gold | XSPC RX240 + EX120 | MCP35x | 3x Koolance Blue Led @PWM | Tygon Black 1/2 | Bitspower Compression | @ FM CM690 I

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I tested a few 5870's up to 1.65V or so, and didn't get any OVP.
    OCP was needed for most of the cards to get 1300MHz pass 3D Mark03, Vantage & AquaMark 3.

OCP mod should be the same for the 5850 ( I'll try to check it out later to confirm that )

Any vGPU solder mods for the non-reference 5850's?? (They dont have the volterra chip so they don't care about voltage changes via bios or afterburner or whatever)
    I could take a few pics of my Sapphire 5850 non-ref if needed.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I believe there is already a topic about each non-reference card already in this section.
    Did you perform a search ?
    If there's no thread about your sapphire 5850 then open a new one about it, and take some good photos with macro because we'll need them.

I looked around and i found the threads but the voltage regulator chips mentioned in that thread are not the same as the one on my standard sapphire rev. 2
    It's an NCP5395T that is used to regulate voltage for CPU's on motherboards, too. I just hope it's software controllable, does anyone know that controller?

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    I tested a few 5870's up to 1.65V or so, and didn't get any OVP.
    OCP was needed for most of the cards to get 1300MHz pass 3D Mark03, Vantage & AquaMark 3.

OCP mod should be the same for the 5850 ( I'll try to check it out later to confirm that )
    you check this? I wont to solder OCPmod on ref 5850 now, but I have a little doubt

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolo80 View Post
    you check this? I wont to solder OCPmod on ref 5850 now, but I have a little doubt
    No sorry, it's not the same for the reference 5850.
    And I don't have a card here to test.
    Did you search the net in general with the keywords "5850 OCP" ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast