Thread: Phobya G-Changer rads

Phobya G-Changer rads

Anyone willing to review/compare them? Aquatuning announced them a few days ago, and I'm most interested in seeing how the G-Changer 360 compares to the likes of Black Ice, Thermochill, and XSPC, both with low-speed fans and high-speed; it'll help for when I can afford a loop for my own system.

Oh and I've been lurking around for a while (since before I activated the account), I only just decided to start posting.

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry most of us will chop off our own limbs before buying from aquatuning.de!

Xtreme Cable Management Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Sorry most of us will chop off our own limbs before buying from aquatuning.de!
    agreed, just buy something local. much better, like switech... or hw labs.
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

Xtreme Addict
    Yup after that trademark fiasco I would give you the most biased review ever made. Heck I would probably state something like..."This thing held my stock temps at 96 degree's before it failed and fried.....AND I WAS USING SAN ACE'S!"

Xtreme Guru
    You touched on a sore spot here Captain, check out this thread and you will see what all the fuss is about:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ght=aquatuning

O and
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    You touched on a sore spot here Captain, check out this thread and you will see what all the fuss is about:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ght=aquatuning
    I've seen that thread before, but I'm only asking that, if it were available at shops that have better rep than AT, if anyone could get one and test/compare it.

Edit;

Quote Originally Posted by bundymania View Post
    Hint: Just compare the Name and specs with the feser triple rad G-Changer...X-Changer
    I can't find any pics of the XChanger's internals, though, does it have the fins within the channels?
    Last edited by Captain H.N.; 10-02-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Xtreme Cable Management Freak
    just advice- dont do it
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

Technician
    Looks like a modified Magicool XT to me. Just wait for everyone else to come out with them. They're too similar to the standard rebranded Easten radiator (alphacool, magicool, old aquacomputer rads) for them to be a phobya only design.

That double barb layout will make fill and bleed so easy with a vertical mount rad though. Brilliant piece of design. Could screw a res straight into it with a male-male connector for initial filling. It was a swine to get mine filled and bled properly.

Well, there aren't many fabs producing rads (tubes, pumps, ...) even if there's a different name on the product. Just think for yourself

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain H.N. View Post
    I've seen that thread before, but I'm only asking that, if it were available at shops that have better rep than AT, if anyone could get one and test/compare it.

Edit;

I can't find any pics of the XChanger's internals, though, does it have the fins within the channels?
    The shop itself has a good rep. I challenge anyone here that has shopped with them to refute it (exceptions notwithstanding). Stock indication is very accurate. No BS like in stock and as soon as you order it's out of stock kind of thing. Time between ordering and shipping is fast as well.

...if I had to boycott them for the silly things they pull I'd have to boycott almost all computer hardware manufacturers as well...for the sake of consistency let's also include where my food and clothing comes from. Those examples effect us on a much larger scale and profound manner than a "little" water cooling shop

Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    ...if I had to boycott them for the silly things they pull I'd have to boycott almost all computer hardware manufacturers as well...for the sake of consistency let's also include where my food and clothing comes from. Those examples effect us on a much larger scale and profound manner than a "little" water cooling shop
    That's exactly what I think. Depending on if the trademark mess was sorted out (and it looks like it hasn't been), I see no reason why it has to be such a sore spot here as far as being a place to buy water cooling equipment and accessories. That's why I asked if anyone was willing to test/compare the new G-Changer, since that channel-in-channel design is something I'm sure I haven't seen before.
    Last edited by Captain H.N.; 10-03-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Technician
    Quite simply because the majority of people on this forum have morals.

Visitor
    ...dude you don't want to play that game considering you have a Foxconn mobo.

Xtreme Member
    ...dude you don't want to play that game considering you have a Foxconn mobo.
    I'm reasonably certain if you want to look hard enough you can find abuses by most (technology) companies. There's nothing particularly special about Foxconn, other than they got news coverage because they make iPhones.

I still hate both Feser and Aquatuning, though.

Xtreme Addict
    The shop itself has a good rep. I challenge anyone here that has shopped with them to refute it (exceptions notwithstanding). Stock indication is very accurate. No BS like in stock and as soon as you order it's out of stock kind of thing. Time between ordering and shipping is fast as well.

Lack of stock is not the problem. Just the idiot driving behind the wheel. Here we are close to manufacturers and many of them are our friends who we are able to give our ideas, testing and reviews to to help improve the products we use. We encourage them and in turn we are encouraged to keep making it better here. We are close knit and share our experiences good and bad. So when aquatuning.de decided to steal from our friends we definitely took it personal. They will not get business here until they make a public apology like what was stated before and give back the trademarks. I doubt that will happen because dumbnuts is pretty stubborn and thinks he is so smart for pulling a fast one. Guess it turned to bite him in the butt if people are coming over asking for reviews and business.

Well after some digging I found the channel-in-channel design is, in fact, G-Changer-exclusive. I don't want to get involved with the whole trademark mess, that's just going to create problems, but how well do you guys think the 360 performs?

Xtreme Member
    ..., but how well do you guys think the 360 performs?
    Who cares? It is a Aquatuning product ^^

Xtreme Member
    Well after some digging I found the channel-in-channel design is, in fact, G-Changer-exclusive. I don't want to get involved with the whole trademark mess, that's just going to create problems, but how well do you guys think the 360 performs?
    some digging? i just told you.

also, aquatuning is awesome. If they want to register trademarks thats fine, doesnt hurt me. they offer excellent customer support, good prices and reliable shipping.
    Last edited by ChielScape; 10-05-2009 at 02:03 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChielScape View Post

also, aquatuning is awesome. If they want to register trademarks thats fine, doesnt hurt me. they offer excellent customer support, good prices and reliable shipping.
    ....Until they trademark the name of your first born and start charging you a $.25 royalty fee every time you call his name.

The fact that people don't see a problem with registering the trademarks of the companies that are making your watercooling products is pretty alarming. Who cares who sells you the item, without the people making the items you wouldn't be able to buy it anywhere. Without the companies constantly improving their designs and working hard to supply this niche market with ever improving goods we would still be running around with Maze-3 blocks.

Xtreme Member
    I think most people here have made up their minds about aquatuning, and any number of people who come here out of nowhere to tell us that aquatuning is the best thing ever will not change that.

Quote Originally Posted by scamps View Post
    Who cares? It is a Aquatuning product ^^
    Ugh, I'm asking about the radiator ITSELF. If you don't want to pay it any mind just because it was announced as a product first on Aquatuning, that's not my problem. It's clear there's severe hatred toward that retailer, and I never meant to stir up anything by talking about it, but I only did so because they're so far the only ones with that radiator. Had it been on Sidewinder or Chilled PC or somewhere else, I wouldn't have given it much thought even if there had been similar problems with those retailers.

In short, I'm trying to keep the discussion around the G-Changer 360, NOT Aquatuning. It'd be better if it could be kept like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChielScape View Post
    It's not like I hadn't gone out and looked at other rad designs before you told me, though. But none of that looking really helped much, so whatever.

In short, I'm trying to keep the discussion around the G-Changer 360, NOT Aquatuning. It'd be better if it could be kept like that.

It's not like I hadn't gone out and looked at other rad designs before you told me, though. But none of that looking really helped much, so whatever.

personally i don't give a about the trademark issue but don't you think you are trying to push uphill captain ? No point asking around here as it aint going to happen

Well if you're going to be pessimistic about it then I'll just let this die and wait a few months for someone to try it. I only pushed it because it looked like a promising radiator, and it only looks like people want to focus on the fact that it's at AT. Whatever, I tried.