Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: K10 Scores starting to surface

I donīt now if this is new info or old so take a look
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/480
    Amd Opteron 146 CABYE 0540 FPMW/Dfi Lp Ultra D/TT BIG T/2*1024 G.Skill 2GBHZ/2*512 Ballistix Pc4000 0440 /Power Color x1800xt Kopparstycke/Nec DVD 3520a/HDD ST3160827AS/SilverStone Zeus 650/Stacker
    "No matter how long or how hard you shop for an item, after you've bought it, it will be on sale somewhere else cheaper

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    Hmm is English your first language?(not bashing just asking )

Since you can read it for yourself one more time(pay attention to bold and blue) :

I "painted" in blue the important parts to make it more clear
    there is a significant difference in performance in all areas (26 seconds in SuperPI 1m for one)
    I read this statement as SuperPI 1m being done in 26 seconds. After re-reading it I am still not sure if Gary is speaking abt the a difference of 26 seconds or not.

The statement can be 'read' in both ways, only Gary can tell us exactly what he meant and I am pretty sure this may have been worded they way it was as to not circumvent any 'agreements'

LOL

Last edited by mongoled; 09-04-2007 at 03:04 AM.
    Seasonic Prime TX-850 Platinum | MSI X570 MEG Unify | Ryzen 5 5800X 2048SUS, TechN AM4 1/2" ID
    32GB Viper Steel 4400, EK Monarch @3733/1866, 1.64v - 13-14-14-14-28-42-224-16-1T-56-0-0
    WD SN850 1TB | Zotac Twin Edge 3070 @2055/1905, Alphacool Eisblock
    2 x Aquacomputer D5 | Eisbecher Helix 250
    EK-CoolStream XE 360 | Thermochill PA120.3 | 6 x Arctic P12

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plywood99 View Post
    I fully trust Gary Key. Long time bencher who has always been credible. Sounds like K10 will be very good chip...

Ply
    no not necessarily, the improvement from "B00 chip from May to a B02" is probably due to some important parts being turned of in the B00 (maybe L3 or even L2) - the fact that *some parts were turned off* was already stated somewhere - thus it tells us nothing about the retail barcelona.
    and most agree that coolaler's results show a B01 that is going to launch on sept. 10, however we don't know if the results aren't fake.
    but don't forget that gary also said this about the results:
    Actually, based on the last chip we had, those numbers are in alignment with some of the results we noticed and others as well. I think they will be better than that at release and especially on a consumer board with Vista 64-bit
    6 more days until we find out
    Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    the idiots out number us 10,000:1

XS News
    13s at Spi at 2ghz..yeah right =)
    Some people need a reality check.
    Everything extra is bad!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Who said it was 12s??? It is said the decrease from B00 to B02 was that..From what we know(nothing to be exact ),B00 could have score in a range of 40 to 50s in Pi 1m

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There's no way that the SPi time is 13s @ 2ghz. If that's true, AMD would already showed it. The best we can hope for is that the 26s @ 2ghz is true.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubermann View Post
    13s at Spi at 2ghz..yeah right =)
    Some people need a reality check.
    I think you got one comin' in 6days buddy

Quote Originally Posted by awdrifter View Post
    There's no way that the SPi time is 13s @ 2ghz. If that's true, AMD would already showed it. The best we can hope for is that the 26s @ 2ghz is true.
    Why would AMD show it? They've never released any bench-scores early in the past....they're confident in themselves and their abilities and don't need to lure in buyers with leaked benchmarks ahead of time.

XS News
    Only show what your good at, nothing else.
    Thats how you get money to your company..

(and fool a few fanboys)
    Everything extra is bad!

Xtreme Member
    Smart ass is right ... AMD is a bit fishy ..... it shows specFP ... but not superPi? wtf ...

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by ScythedBlade View Post
    Smart ass is right ... AMD is a bit fishy ..... it shows specFP ... but not superPi? wtf ...
    Why would a company whose success depends on the server market use SuperPi to lure customers? Nobody gives a crap about SuperPi except overclockers.

naked X2 3800+ Toledo LCBIE 0618EPMW ]3020mhz@1.554v]
    TT BigTyphoon
    DFI LP UT NF4 Sli-D - 4/06 BT mod
    PCP&C Silencer 750w

2x1GB Mushkin XP4000 Samsung C-UCCC @253mhz 3,4,3,8 1T @ 2.65v
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB@ 787/1944/2244

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Why would a company whose success depends on the server market use SuperPi to lure customers? Nobody gives a crap about SuperPi except overclockers.
    good point.

cheers,

dave
    Heat: 50 - 0 - 0 under "Argus333"

Xtreme Member
    THere's no doubt that Conroe is Superb @ SuperPi.

I just hope that the new K10 can at least come close. Somebody has to keep em all honest.

BRUNO
    Bruno's Junker
    OPTY 165 @ 2.9G
    ASSROCK 939Dual Sata2
    512mb Xerox Samsung PC2100
    512mb Corsair PC3200 Value Ram
    Ancient HDD, CDRW, DVD and Floppy
    Antique Gateway ATX Tower (cover not included)

Xtreme Member
    Bad point ... why the hell would anyone use specFP? XD

(*poke* why not int as well ...)

GG, AMD Fanboy ...

Why not put a video of every type of benchmark, AMD?

(self proclaims good point .... actually, it has to be, because everyone is wanting all the benchmarks of K10)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ScythedBlade View Post
    When you run Super Pi (in the version you most use) C2D's score waaaaay faster times but that ain't the only Pi proggy around.

Sys Tools Pi Bench gives a much closer result. SuperPi itself is an INTEL app IMO.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_SmartAss View Post
    Both SuperPi and specFP_rate are not representing the real-world performance for server computing. Anyway, a CPU that performs good in SuperPi, also performs good in games.
    +1

I can't wait to see the full suite of benchies people will run on Barcelona so I can finally grab a quad, whether AMD or Intel

naked X2 3800+ Toledo LCBIE 0618EPMW ]3020mhz@1.554v]
    TT BigTyphoon
    DFI LP UT NF4 Sli-D - 4/06 BT mod
    PCP&C Silencer 750w

2x1GB Mushkin XP4000 Samsung C-UCCC @253mhz 3,4,3,8 1T @ 2.65v
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB@ 787/1944/2244

Xtreme Member
    Girona (Catalonia) - Between Italy, France and Spain
    Then why all Netburst sux in Super Pi, while K8 kicks the crap out of them?
    Give a Netburst 6GHz+ and tell me, who craps out who?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Be wary of stuff like this..

Clearly the above is fake, just doing it to show you how wary you should be of benchmarks these next couple of days.
    Last edited by Start; 09-04-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
    no not necessarily, the improvement from "B00 chip from May to a B02" is probably due to some important parts being turned of in the B00 (maybe L3 or even L2) - the fact that *some parts were turned off* was already stated somewhere - thus it tells us nothing about the retail barcelona.
    and most agree that coolaler's results show a B01 that is going to launch on sept. 10, however we don't know if the results aren't fake.

My comment was solely dealing with the credibility of Gary Key, nothing else. He was a long time bencher here on XS and was offered a job over at Anand. The man is fully credible.

Personally I don't care if Phenom/Barcelona is a Core2duo destroyer or not, as long as it is decently competitive, and overclocks well. I am plainly a Amd fan but not a fanboy, and will choose their products over Intel's 90% of the time. I'm glad only server chips are out in September, allows time to ramp up the clocks for Phenom. I've stated in posts some time ago that Amd had serious issues with k10 process, and I'm hopeful these will be ironed out for the Phenom launch late 07/early 08...

Ply

Xtreme Member
    Both SuperPi and specFP_rate are not representing the real-world performance for server computing. Anyway, a CPU that performs good in SuperPi, also performs good in games.
    But if this particular CPU also performs good in any other app, then there is no such strong relation Super Pi <-> games, but that this CPU is good at any kind of code.

Super Pi uses x87 code, depends on memory acesses (so a good cache + memory prefetchers will help) and has many loops, where Conroe's macro op fusion helps a lot.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Plywood99 View Post
    My comment was solely dealing with the credibility of Gary Key, nothing else. He was a long time bencher here on XS and was offered a job over at Anand. The man is fully credible.

Personally I don't care if Phenom/Barcelona is a Core2duo destroyer or not, as long as it is decently competitive, and overclocks well. I am plainly a Amd fan but not a fanboy, and will choose their products over Intel's 90% of the time. I'm glad only server chips are out in September, allows time to ramp up the clocks for Phenom. I've stated in posts some time ago that Amd had serious issues with k10 process, and I'm hopeful these will be ironed out for the Phenom launch late 07/early 08...

Ply
    QFT! How else can we solve all of the my Speculation is better than your Speculation crap? 5 more days, phew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Enthusiast

Xtreme Mentor
    if 13s @ 2.0 ghz is true (doubt it, hope so though), i'd rather see 2M/4M to be the norm. 1M would be the new 128k. click done.

Ryzen 9 3900X w/ NH-U14s on MSI X570 Unify
    32 GB Patriot Viper Steel 3733 CL14 (1.51v)
    RX 5700 XT w/ 2x 120mm fan mod (2 GHz)
    Tons of NVMe & SATA SSDs
    LG 27GL850 + Asus MG279Q
    Meshify C white

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post

B1 will not be the launch core so coolater's results are invalid.

dave

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biohead View Post
    if 13s @ 2.0 ghz is true (doubt it, hope so though), i'd rather see 2M/4M to be the norm. 1M would be the new 128k. click done.
    Have faith mate......13s will be slow for these babies

Xtreme Enthusiast
    B1 has the CPU_ID registers with full CPU name and model and without the "Engineering Sample" or "ES" strings. Are you sure B1 is not the launch stepping?
    yes. quite sure. the launch stepping is different and will have a different nom de guerre. Can't disclose the exact stepping version due to NDA restrictions but it's not B1.

cheers,

dave

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast