Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Asus P5W DH Deluxe [Over-View] LOL

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra_bound
    I've used a couple of older BIOS files where this was never an issue. And it only takes about ten seconds to clear the CMOS, even if it were an issue.
    I've cleared my CMOS twice tonight,once for about 30 minutes, trying to be able to change Vcore. Shipping BIOS is 0502. I haven't been able to find my floppy drive, so I haven't been able to flash a new one yet. I'm all ready for 602 once I do find my floppy drive though.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Xtreme Legend
    Have you tried using Asus Update?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra_bound
    Have you tried using Asus Update?
    Hehehehehe I like most ppl forget this option
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Cruncher
    I don't have a good copy of XP around. I'm on fedore core 5 ATM.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Xtreme Legend
    Is the floppy drive showing up in the boot section of the BIOS? If it is, make sure it's first in the boot order. Only other thing I can think of is possibly a bad floppy cable.

Xtreme Member
    I am getting issues using more than 3 sata drives on bioses above 502.

Using 602 windows will not load if using the Jmicron sata plug and using the EZ sata plugs causes a failure at bios level.

Why did asus only put 3 normal sata slots on the Intel controller??? I only need 4 drives running lol.

Lets hope its cos this is not an officialy releaced bios.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simonmaltby
    Why did asus only put 3 normal sata slots on the Intel controller??? I only need 4 drives running lol.
    Because the Silicon Image RAID Controller (EZ-BACKUP) is connected through S-ATA to the ICH7R.

Support Metal!

Xtreme Member
    [QUOTE=Mr.X]Question: Does this board support Crossfire only? Can a 7950GX2 run on it?
    Is ASUS planning on releasing a similar SLI ready Motherboard?[/QUOTΕ]

Anyone?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What kind of temps are you lot getting with your asus. Atm im running @3824 Ghz with 1.46v idle temp is 39Deg and goes upto 70deg with duel prime

This seems too high.

Does anyone know what the max vcore is for 24/7 use ?
    Q9650 @ 4Ghz - 1.216v
    E8600 @ 4500Ghz - 1.34v - Q822A435
    Q6600 @ 4014Ghz & E2160 @ 3.6Ghz
    Silverstone Zeus 850w, Maximum formula,
    Custom Water Cooling, 4GB OCZ 9200 Flex II,
    Xfire 4850's 800/1150, 3D Mark 06 , Vantage,
    Frontlineforce

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X
    Question: Does this board support Crossfire only? Can a 7950GX2 run on it?
    Is ASUS planning on releasing a similar SLI ready Motherboard?[/QUOTΕ]

Anyone?
    A guy in a German forum is running a 7950GX2 on that board. Asus will not release a similar SLI ready board since Intel Chipsets are not SLI certified by NVIDIA. However, it may be possible to run SLI with modded drivers and ASUS will probably release a SLI and Conroe ready board with nForce chipset.

Support Metal!

Xtreme Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by phobos
    A guy in a German forum is running a 7950GX2 on that board. Asus will not release a similar SLI ready board since Intel Chipsets are not SLI certified by NVIDIA. However, it may be possible to run SLI with modded drivers and ASUS will probably release a SLI and Conroe ready board with nForce chipset.
    Yes is coming one in August from Asus.

* ASUS P5N32-SLi SE - nForce 590 SLi - ATX - available in August.

Xtreme Addict
    I hope its ready to support DDR2 800 standard and then clock up from there. Reasonably possible to hope for that since the 975 isn't default 800 capable but Asus has it working on that, so assuming the same could be done for the 590.

I don't like waiting on it, but the race for which chipset, 975 or 590 is close enough for me, I need to see testing and reasonably final boards before I'll know which direction suits me.

It is a bit worrisome that there are so many 975 and 965 boards out there for Conroe getting tested and almost none from the 590 crowd. I'm sure the engineers are working furiously to change that but that would potentially indicate the first boards could still be a work in progress, with the inherent issues that creates.

hmm

Xtreme Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemone
    I hope its ready to support DDR2 800 standard and then clock up from there. Reasonably possible to hope for that since the 975 isn't default 800 capable but Asus has it working on that, so assuming the same could be done for the 590.

I don't like waiting on it, but the race for which chipset, 975 or 590 is close enough for me, I need to see testing and reasonably final boards before I'll know which direction suits me.

It is a bit worrisome that there are so many 975 and 965 boards out there for Conroe getting tested and almost none from the 590 crowd. I'm sure the engineers are working furiously to change that but that would potentially indicate the first boards could still be a work in progress, with the inherent issues that creates.

hmm

For me the disappointment comes from the memory controller with initial tests made by 1 website that I can not remember. It made tests with a 590 reference motherboard and the lack of a good memory controller.

I hope the engineers will change or do something to improve the memory controller as it is with with the same AM2 Asus that comes with MCP55PXE Chipset and Intel 590 reference with MCP55P Chipset that means desappointment.
    Last edited by Metroid; 07-02-2006 at 08:21 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I agree. It would have been really nice if Nvidia had updated the memory controller. Now this is not to say they didn't tweak it some, and Asus may be able to coax it along a bit more too (a la ddr2800 support which is not default Nvidia). If the memory controller stinks we are better off getting a cheapo 965 board to hold over till Nvidia gets to update us, or going 975. But NF4 for Intel was pretty much a bomb, and if they didn't change things for the NF5 that inherently change that performance and stability, no one is going to touch the NF5 that knows what they are doing.

Sad but true...

Xtreme Member
    whats the latest most effective bios ? I've no ram timings in my 604.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678