Thread: [Sweclockers] EXTRA: Problems with Sand Force 2 - withdrawal in sight

Threaded View

Xtreme Member

[Sweclockers] EXTRA: Problems with Sand Force 2 - withdrawal in sight

After numerous reports of failing SSDs with control circuits from the series SandForce 2 speaks of a total withdrawal of all the models.

With Intel's chipsets feldesignade for Sandy Bridge in recent memory, it looks like the computer world suffers another serious case of defective components. This time, the SSDs with the control circuits from the series Sand Force 2 who are in the spotlight after numerous reports of failing units.

Users in particular SweClockers forum talks about SandForce 2-based storage devices that suddenly stop working. Symptoms vary from Bluescreens in Windows that the device no longer detected by BIOS. The common denominator is that there seems to be no apparent solution to the problem.

Now, say sources SweClockers that SSDs with SandForce 2 sold topped and it can speak of a total withdrawal of all the models. Possible candidates are Corsair Force 3 and OCZ Vertex 3, but exactly which units these are is still unknown.

The news updated as more details become known.

11:45
    Corsair Force 3 120 GB sold topped the Swedish stores. (The only Corsair unit delivered in large volumes)

13:46
    As it stands now is the Corsair Force 3 120 GB which is withdrawn. OCZ "working with Sand Force" to correct similar problems with Vertex 3 of the firmware

16:16
    To clarify: OCZ withdraws no SSDs.

Source

Translated source

EDIT: I just found this in the OCZ forum regarding BSOD and vertex3,agility3 or solid3

There are way to many goal posts moving around to nail this issue down. To date, 1st June 2011, SF have not been able to reproduce any of the issues you guys are seeing..reason? I think its setup not FW causing you all issues.

So...its time to fix the goal posts, we all test and report on our systems 1 way and 1 way only.

1 absolutely NO OVERCLOCKING..why? it turns off power management features and has documented problems with power management especially on P67 and higher chipsets.

2 You will be testing with a fresh install and your board needs to have been flashed to the newest UEFI or Bios available and it must have seen a thorough cmos clear.

3 You have to set up windows 7 exactly as I document it here and report info exactly as I ask you do..this info then will go back to OCZ and SF as needed.

I'm not interested in people who are imaging drives, don't moan at me, you want to test you test my way or you sit and watch, simple as that. If you overclock you MUST set systems to defaults, this includes ram and cpu and video...there are too many variables that get changed when the systems are overclocked and frankly we can not warrant a drive if its failing because the boards are doing something weird when overclocked...thats a problem for the motherboard manufacturer not OCZ.

So...what to do.
    people with Intel based boards and vtx3/agility3 or solid3 and bsod look in here
    Last edited by Ghostleader; 06-07-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    Asus P8Z68 Deluxe / i7 2600K / 2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600C8 / EVGA GTX 580 SC SLI

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z / FX8350 / G.Skill TridentX 2400C10 / GTX690