Little computer I've built for my living room. Wouldn't go as far as calling it HTPC because the audio capabilities (just what the HD 4850 can stream through HDMI) are quite reduced, but I think it will serve it's purpose

I've titled it *Quick Build* because, apart from changing the intake fan, a little modification to the PSU cables and adding a fan to the GPU (I consider this a failure, and wasn't in the original plan, but hey, sometimes compromises need to be made...) there's been no work done to it. It's just completely stock.

List of components:

ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi
Intel C2D E8400
Kingston KHX8500D2K2/4G (2x2GB PC2-8500)
GigaByte GV-R485MC-1GI (Radeon HD 4850)
Seagate ST9320325AS 320 GB 5.4k rpm
Optiarc AD-7670S-01 DVD
Scythe "Gentle Typhoon" D1225C12B5AP-15 (Intake fan)
Scythe "KAZE-JYU slim" SY1012SL12L (GPU fan)
Scythe SHURIKEN Rev.B
Trust Wireless MCE Keyboard
MCE compatible IR receiver
Vista Ultimate 64 bit (Finally, after two years, I've found a use for the Vista license!!!)

This will be connected to the A/V receiver via HDMI.

First, the PSU itself, after a little hacking and slashing:

Side view, with the card as originally intended... It was idling (underclocked) @54 C with an ambient of 22 C, so... that was a no-go... oh well, it happens...

Top view without ODD/HDD tray, fronte bezel and PSU... all that room hey? Yeah, right

Side view with PSU in place... the cables start making their stellar appearance...

Top view under the same conditions

Side view with everything in place now. I'm particularly happy with that blue SATA cable... 10 cm long, right angle header and round cable, just what the doctor ordered If it would have been black instead of blue, it would have been perfect!
Home made speaker too (pulled that speaker from an old Samsung laptop)

Top view under the same conditions

Side view, this time with the fan mounted on the GPU (grrrrrrrrrrr...). Now it idles @ 31 C and loads (nothing extreme like OCCT, just running 3DMark Vantage) @ 72C with an ambient of 23C... Still, this fan is much quieter than any stock ATI fan I had the (dubious) pleasure of listening to, so, we'll have to call it "half-result"

Detail of the interior, with the "home assembled" speaker

Detail of the interior, different angle

Front with the case assembled (and my good old BenQ test monitor showing in the corner )

And finally, case rear, with the keyb receiver and the wireless antenna (slightly better gain than the bundled one) plugged in

That's all for today folks. There's nothing special on the sides and the top... It's completely stock.

Now I can stream from the NAS, play and other stuff in the living room. I've tried it, and is barely audible @ 2m with everything turned off, and indiscernible while watching movies, even on quiet scenes. Yay!