Thread: DFI SLI-DR stuck at 300HTT?

Xtreme Member

DFI SLI-DR stuck at 300HTT?

Been playing around with my new setup and it seems like I can't get past 300HTT? I'm running:

3000+ Venice
    1 Gig Mushkin Lvl2 BH5 (borrowed)
    2x Diamondmax 10 (RAID 0)
    SLI-DR
    PCI Video card

I went to go test my maximum HTT by setting HT link at 3x, CPU multi at 5x, and ram divider at 1:2.

Went into windows, started up Prime with in-place ftt test and clockgen'd my way up. I would get to about 298mhz, be fine, and the moment I set it up to 300 Prime would instantly error. Everything is running at default with 3-10 bios. Did I get a dud board or am I doing something wrong?

Xtreme Member
    Doubtful on the dud board. I'd think more along the lines of a "maxed out" cpu. Not even a dud per se. Just some chips have limits at XXXX speeds while others do more. All luck of the draw. You could try some more things like increasing voltage to the cpu, memory, and or messing with the dram drive strength function.

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pduan87
    Been playing around with my new setup and it seems like I can't get past 300HTT? I'm running:

3000+ Venice
    1 Gig Mushkin Lvl2 BH5 (borrowed)
    2x Diamondmax 10 (RAID 0)
    SLI-DR
    PCI Video card

I went to go test my maximum HTT by setting HT link at 3x, CPU multi at 5x, and ram divider at 1:2.

Went into windows, started up Prime with in-place ftt test and clockgen'd my way up. I would get to about 298mhz, be fine, and the moment I set it up to 300 Prime would instantly error. Everything is running at default with 3-10 bios. Did I get a dud board or am I doing something wrong?
    Don't think multi x5 worked too good on these boards? Tried diff multi? HT link 2.5x maybe? Also how about HTT voltage and NB voltage? Few more options to try definitely.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme Member
    DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR
    Venice3000+ @ 2.8GHz , 311x9.0 , 1.64V
    Vapo LS (Cooler Maser Hyper 6 for now )
    2x512MB OCZ VX4000 , 255MHz @ 2.0-2-2-8-1T ,3.3V
    GF 7800GTX BFG
    OCZ ModStream 520W

Same problem here , board won't go higher then 300-320MHz does not matter if i use HTT x3 or x2.5 or x2.0 . Chipset voltage increase won't help . Lowering CPU multi - same thing . RAM set at DDR200(100MHz) so its not a problem .
    If i set
    Max Async Latency : 8.0
    ReadPreamble : 7.0

board will let me go up to 350MHz . And thats not enough in my case cause i was planing to throw that Venice under my Vapo LS and now that doesnt make sense cause i am limited by the mobo That sucks ...

Try thouse , might help a lil bit :

Max Async Latency : 8.0
    ReadPreamble : 7.0
    Last edited by Gorod; 07-31-2005 at 04:12 PM.