Thread: SSD Write Endurance 25nm Vs 34nm

Hybrid View

SSDabuser
    I'd say no more than a few days, at best. Once the TLC starts degrading, it's over quick.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I'd say no more than a few days, at best. Once the TLC starts degrading, it's over quick.
    You are right, It died about 5 hours ago.

Not a terrible result out of this drive at all, but I wouldn't buy it unless it is cheaper than the alternatives (which it isn't at the moment)

Quote Originally Posted by canthearu View Post
    ... I wouldn't buy it unless it is cheaper than the alternatives ....

Why not? I don't think i would ever write 100tb even at a period of 5-7 years (let alone 400tb). And probably i won't keep it even half of these years. Right now, at the same price point the only other ssd i could consider buying is the intel 330 with the 2 year old sandforce controller (which acturally costs a little more).
    Last edited by eddieobscurant; 01-07-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieobscurant View Post
    Why not? I don't think i would ever write 100tb even at a period of 5-7 years (let alone 400tb). And probably i won't keep it even half of these years. Right now, at the same price point the only other ssd i could consider buying is the intel 330/335 with the 2 year old sandforce controller.
    Why would I buy a drive which is slower and has lower quality NAND when I can get something a bit faster and more durable for cheaper (like the sandisk extreme 120gig)

If the samsung 840 ends up being 15-20% cheaper then these other MLC drives, then sure, it becomes a good budget option.