Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: [Computex 2010]AMD to show Fusion tomorrow

Hybrid View

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post
    From the same page, AMD's Ontario wafer:
    BTW, the case looks like those being used by GF (in some cases):

(http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16343/1/)
    Now on Twitter: @Dresdenboy!
    Blog: http://citavia.blog.de/

Quote Originally Posted by Dresdenboy View Post
    BTW, the case looks like those being used by GF (in some cases):

(http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16343/1/)
    The wafer showed by FUD was 32nm SOI.

Xtreme Mentor
    Enclosure can be standard across many fabs. But I don't know so the possibility is there!
    I wonder how late GloFo 40nm bulk will compare to TSMC 40nm HP bulk.
    GloFo is late to the party and first bulk development since long time but it might just be better than competition.
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superrugal View Post
    The wafer showed by FUD was 32nm SOI.
    That's correct, but this was not my point. I mentioned the case/enclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightman View Post
    Enclosure can be standard across many fabs. But I don't know so the possibility is there!
    I wonder how late GloFo 40nm bulk will compare to TSMC 40nm HP bulk.
    GloFo is late to the party and first bulk development since long time but it might just be better than competition.
    Only TSMC is interesting here. I was looking for photos of TSMC wafer presentations. If there was an enclosure, it had a rather simplistic design.

BTW, did Rick say, that this is a 40nm wafer? To my knowledge, this is just speculation, because he mentioned the low power Fusion processor and netbooks. Also the performance looks like what we might expect from Ontario. OTOH 40nm LP should be ready at GF:
    http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/img/pc...l/017.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbucket843 View Post
    there is no high power 40nm offering from global foundries and from their roadmaps it doesnt look like they will have one. all of their highest performance processes will be using SOI so that makes it hard to compare them to tsmc's nodes. although their other nodes are still bulk.
    40 nm HP is not needed. 40 nm LP is the appropriate process as linked above and here:
    http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/img/pc...ml/10.jpg.html
    Now on Twitter: @Dresdenboy!
    Blog: http://citavia.blog.de/

Xtreme Addict
    They're 32nm yeah? so I doubt at ~75mm it'd be just the CPU.

After all, 512KB L2 Dual core K10 @ 32nm would be around that small /smaller.

-edit, and another thing to ponder. Has AMD been able to shrink the memory controller more successfully on 32nm? and what about Cache Density?

Both taking up a huge amount of space on Regor and propus reletive to the cores themselves. There were some figures around last yr that showed promise for Cache Density at least
    Last edited by mAJORD; 06-05-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by mAJORD View Post
    They're 32nm yeah? so I doubt at ~75mm it'd be just the CPU.

After all, 512KB L2 Dual core K10 @ 32nm would be around that small /smaller.
    ontario is 40nm. not much is known but bobcat is a fully synthesized design so dont expect amazing efficiency. they'll certainly be able to add more sram with tsmc though. im pretty sure tsmc also has better support for SoC's too.

Xtreme Cruncher
    there is no high power 40nm offering from global foundries and from their roadmaps it doesnt look like they will have one. all of their highest performance processes will be using SOI so that makes it hard to compare them to tsmc's nodes. although their other nodes are still bulk.

Xtreme Member
    How hard is it to understand? From the PR point of view if you have slower part which makes everyone to say wow on your hand why would you want to show faster part. if slower product is already drawing so.much attention and interest, what is the point of showing the faster stuff publicly. We know that they showed Llano behind the closed doors and we know that partners already have samples. If I had a low power product so impressive as Ontario demo showed, I would also keep high power stuff closer to myself and let the competition think: What the f**k are they going to do to us with performance parts if low powered stuff is doing things like that??

Devil kept pokin'
    Im buying 300 shares of AMD sometime this week

Quote Originally Posted by slaveondope View Post
    Im buying 300 shares of AMD sometime this week
    why? is this fusion so much good?

Devil kept pokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal El View Post
    why? is this fusion so much good?
    Not just "Fusion" but the up coming ATI 6 series, Bulldozer, Llano, and Ontario. Im expecting a good year for AMD in 2011 and I figure I might as well ride the wave. *crosses fingers* Then bail out when Intel fights back

Xtreme Addict
    avp demo is very impressive. i hope AMD has done a monster. We need PC that can run 10h of 3D.

Xtreme Addict
    So we've learned so far:
    1. Intel fanboys hate AMD for no particular reason.
    2. Ontario and Llano might be good chips for their intended purpose.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    So we've learned so far:
    3. 2010 is feeling so very long of a year

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by duploxxx View Post
    well the problem is what you believe when you email with some people and certainly when you mention this:

in my correspondence with OhNoes!
    Hold your horses. I don't even know this guy, nor have I received any PMs from him. An admin could probably confirm this; heck, I'm sure he can confirm it himself. I've had no "correspondence" with this guy on any matter or topic. Period. Did it even occur to you this guy could simply be using the wrong word since it appears he is not a Native Speaker of English?

Secondly, I'm glad he seems to have read my posts as they simply state facts, and not some contrived bs. Facts don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    So we've learned so far:
    If I am a fanboy for stating the obvious (read fact) then I vy for the biggest fanboy on XS. I am not going to be ridiculed into making any false claims about a product. Sorry, gullibility and jumping to conclusions are not particularly two of my fortes.

PS: I await what Kal El has to say about this. Hopefully, he's not one of the AMD bots out to draw blood.

i am sorry, i have read posts...i use translate from Google for some words, it must have been wrong. please i am no hurt, i am sorry. i havened read posts (i was looking for better phrasing before), i thought your posts stood out. please i am no hurt.

i have made error and i punish myself.

Xtreme Addict
    Nice pretending going on there
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Actually since he is from Krypton he may be using some form of automatic translation device .

Xtremely Retired OC'er
    check my sig and that hardware is 1-2 years same.
    I got no need for new

If any amd cpu can beat mine cpu that im using, for reasonable price, then im buying amd in like 4 years from now(q9550 still lives on top)
    and I havent start to to overclocking it
    Last edited by Nikolasz; 06-10-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: add

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345