Thread: Super Pi 32M Low Clock Challenge

Threaded View

Xtreme Member

Super Pi 32M Low Clock Challenge

Welcome to the Super Pi 32M Low Clock Challenge! This was Coop's incarnation, I am simply carrying on the tradition of this great little thread. Many Thx to 3oh6, who did lay down the rules and updated the list from November 2007 - April 2009.

The Rankings:

Intel Rankings

AMD Rankings

The Rules:
    1/ Super Pi Mod v1.5
    SPi Mod v1.5 found here...thanks to XS!

2/ All loops, Real memory, Available real memory, Allocated memory and Checksum visable (Must-Have!)

3/ Screenshot with CPU-Z tabs CPU & MEM open (Must-Have!)...others are encouraged though. It's suggested for AMD users with 890 chipset to include the tool THG clock - more information here
    CPU-Z found here...thanks to Franck!

4/ Included in the screenshot has to be Memset or CPU-Tweaker including subtimings (Must-Have!)
    Memset found here...thanks to Felix!

5/ If your settings are actually different as shown by CPU-Z/Memset/CPU-Tweaker then please disclosure

6/ We go by the honor system ladies and gentlemen...if your score is out of line for your specs, the torches will be lit and you will burn
    Honor found here...thanks to MW!

Requests:
    1/ Please only post one score per forum post...makes it easier for updating

2/ DO NOT use links to ImageShack with thumbnails...i will not go to that site, your score will not get added. full size images embedded in the post only please.

FAQ:
    Q: What is the Super Pi 32M Low Clock Challenge?
    A: The Super Pi 32M Low Clock Challenge is a competition to try and get the lowest CPU clock frequency for specific time zones.

Q: What isn't the Super Pi 32M Low Clock Challenge?
    A: The Super Pi 32M Low Clock Challenge is not a thread for posting your best 32M SPi time, unless of course it happens to be just creeping into one of the time zones.

Q: What are the time zones?
    A: The time zones are basically the minute marker but for each zone, it is the absolute highest time without venturing into the next time zone. For example: the 12.XX time zone is for 32M results in-between 12m 00.000 and 12m 59.999. So the ultimate goal would be your lowest CPU clock frequency required to run 12m 59.999 or as close as you can get to it without going into the 13.XX time zone.

Q: Why would I want to waste my time doing this?
    A: If you are asking this question then you are wasting time that could be spent optimizing your 32M SPi times to get you higher up the list at various time zones...now get to work!

Changelog:
    06/07/2009: Stricter/additional rules
    30/07/2009: CPU-Tweaker/Memset is mandatory.
    13/06/2010: Color schemes for the Intel Ranking changed from "Intel Core 2 (65nm / 45nm / 45nm i7) Rankings" to "Intel (Core 2 65nm / Core 2 45nm / 32nm/45nm i7 (LGA 1366) / 32nm i3/i5 (LGA 1156) / 45nm i5/i7 (LGA 1156))"
    08/08/2010: Memset/CPU-Tweaker rule refined: Subtimings have to be included
    06/06/2011: Suggestion for TGH clock (if using AMD 890 chipset) added.
    Last edited by Hyperhorn; 06-06-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    The Initial value finished
    PI calculation is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Software tweaks are not for sale.