Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: errrrm where did my posts go?

Xtreme Member
    Over the mountains and down in the valley
    First of all.......Why hasn't there been any official word on what has been happening? If there were there would be much less griping from forum members. There should be a post that is stuck and locked describing the problems. That is the largest issue here as I see it. S**t happens to everyone. That's life. But people feel abandoned by the combination of down time and silence from the staff. Personally I didn't loose too much since I don't post too much. Me aside, a good RAID card and a pile of good SAS drives are probably priced comparably to the Intel SSD's. I have a RAID array of SSD's and I have at least two other copies of everything I care about. The array goes ape s**t from time to time. SSD's just aren't ready to be relied on fully yet. And why isn't the forum redundant? Shouldn't there be multiple servers? I'm sure someone here has some server space that they would be willing to donate to prevent this kind of thing from happening. I understand that this is difficult for whoever has to deal with the hardware failures but RAID 5? I didn't think anyone used RAID 5 outside of the home environment any more. Fugger should sue apple for false advertising because this obviously doesn't "just work".
    Last edited by saint-francis; 04-21-2009 at 07:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
    First of all.......Why hasn't there been any official word on what has been happening? If there were there would be much less griping from forum members. There should be a post that is stuck and locked describing the problems. That is the largest issue here as I see it. S**t happens to everyone. That's life. But people feel abandoned by the combination of down time and silence from the staff. Personally I didn't loose too much since I don't post too much. Me aside, a good RAID card and a pile of good SAS drives are probably priced comparably to the Intel SSD's. I have a RAID array of SSD's and I have at least two other copies of everything I care about. The array goes ape s**t from time to time. SSD's just aren't ready to be relied on fully yet. And why isn't the forum redundant? Shouldn't there be multiple servers? I'm sure someone here has some server space that they would be willing to donate to prevent this kind of thing from happening. I understand that this is difficult for whoever has to deal with the hardware failures but RAID 5? I didn't think anyone used RAID 5 outside of the home environment any more. Fugger should sue apple for false advertising because this obviously doesn't "just work".
    1) before it went down over the weekend, there was a sticky announcement in every section stating there may be some more downtime going on.
    2) Fugger made a post in the forum comments stating what happened. He almost always does.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Over the mountains and down in the valley
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    1) before it went down over the weekend, there was a sticky announcement in every section stating there may be some more downtime going on.
    Woops. I didn't see anything like that.

2) Fugger made a post in the forum comments stating what happened. He almost always does.
    Didn't see that either.

Thanks.

So everyone who is really upset must just be prone to that kind of thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.

That's ok those announcements seem to get "lost" up top and ignored - maybe because there are always a couple up there.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member

Red face

Sorry, my bad.....

it just FELT like a month....

I missed my Xtreme....
    Temporary build:
    E5800 Dual Core @ 3.8 ghz stock vcore (24/7) (16x238)
    2GB Value Brand Generic Ram DDR3 1333
    (cheap) Asrock G41M-VS3 (yes it's bad i know)
    Radeon HD 4870 Reference Edition 512 GDDR5 (770/920)
    Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer Case
    Asus 22'' LCD @ 1650x1050
    and Samsung 940NW LCD at 1440x900

Hey it's cheap and plays anything

Admin
    For people missing valuable posts, Google cache is a great place to find them. Just type the name of the thread, and it should pop up as one of the first results. Then click on "More results from www.xtremesystems.org" and you should get almost every missing page and post in the thread.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    For people missing valuable posts, Google cache is a great place to find them. Just type the name of the thread, and it should pop up as one of the first results. Then click on "More results from www.xtremesystems.org" and you should get almost every missing page and post in the thread.
    Haha yeah I went to search for project Flow and it came up with a result with a correct cache but when you clicked the link it took you to Duniek LN2 pots

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ah what a pity, I see the OCZ Blades post in the Xtreme Bandwidth section has gone, was going to check it out again this evening.

I can't find it using google cache.
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz MSI Z77 MPower G.Skill Trident 8GB 2400C10
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8GB @ 1784/4004MHz Corsair HX 750 PSU
    Samsung 830 256GB Creative ZxR Thermalright Silver Arrow
    NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT Fractal Design Define S Win 7/10 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    Ah what a pity, I see the OCZ Blades post in the Xtreme Bandwidth section has gone, was going to check it out again this evening.

I can't find it using google cache.
    http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Yeah, I know the one in March is when Fugger lost 2 HDD's doing the switch to SSD's. MM's post makes it sound like he lost another 2 this time, so I wanted to verify.
    really? then i wonder why there hasnt been a warning from him about seagate hdds, thats the worst product quality experience ive heard of to date... and its with enterprise class hardware! which makes it even worse lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sandon View Post
    Yeah, and you would think with a forum as popular as this one that they would have a good raid controller with raid6 support. In the next month my server will be raid6 (currently raid5). You guys need help with hosting/off-site backup? I would be happy to help/provide it for free if you guys don't have or can't afford an off-site backup for your files/dbs so you never have more than a 24 hour rollback again.
    thanks!
    i hope charles or other staff will approach you

Quote Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
    yeah i feel exactly the same...

well look at the stats of his anouncement and this thread...

the anouncement has 300 reads
    this thread has over 2000 reads

there should be a forum wide sticky or a mass pm or email fired off to every user imo... thats at least what id do... its not about making an anouncement, its about everybody knowing about the anouncement, and the latter seems to fail.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks, I don't suppose you can access the cached C7 OCZ Blades.

Can't seem to find it, probally not looking the correct way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    Thanks, I don't suppose you can access the cached C7 OCZ Blades.

Can't seem to find it, probally not looking the correct way.
    These?

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Addict
    AND the site lost that nice bookmark icon! Now I'm really pissed.
    E8400 @ 4.0 | ASUS P5Q-E P45 | 4GB Mushkin Redline DDR2-1000 | WD SE16 640GB | HD4870 ASUS Top | Antec 300 | Noctua & Thermalright Cool
    Windows 7 Professional x64

Vista & Seven Tweaks, Tips, and Tutorials: http://www.vistax64.com/

Game's running choppy? See: http://www.tweakguides.com/

Xtreme Guru
    easy solution.... RAID10 across 12 drives split in half and push transactions to the backup volume and perform weekend backups with nightly incrementals. all the functionality is point and click within vbulletin.
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

Quote Originally Posted by B.E.E.F. View Post
    AND the site lost that nice bookmark icon! Now I'm really pissed.
    Shows up for me
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Thats the one, many thanks again.

not to be harsh here, but does anyone else think this is a little ridiculous now?
    SVTSnake.com Head Honcho

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] itznfb View Post
    easy solution.... RAID10 across 12 drives split in half and push transactions to the backup volume and perform weekend backups with nightly incrementals. all the functionality is point and click within vbulletin.
    I am not sure if you realize how expensive a mirror of an array is...

Xtreme Mentor
    I usualy do 2 raid 5 then mirror them, not as sophistaced but usualy saves yer rear in such cases & FYI if you're using any thing less then 4 drives with a hot spare your raid 5 is worthles to protect you! 4 drives gives max performance and the hot spare is the life saver! then all ways have a cold spare on the shelf. (I haze no budget either! best solution I found)

Good to see things are alive again non the less.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345