Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LittleDevil's CPU Pots (LD CPU-R1)

Banned
    Will the cold not kill the o-ring? I'm guessing she a fairly think ring you have there and some funky material to make it stand ln2 -200

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah, no O-ring I think..
    ..but sealing paper like in motors should do the job, maybe 1-2mm thick
    - Team Skootterit
    - SuperPi32M : 18m53.156s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)
    - SuperPi8M : 3m55.703s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)
    - SuperPi1M : 21.484s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Will the cold not kill the o-ring? I'm guessing she a fairly think ring you have there and some funky material to make it stand ln2 -200
    Don't worry for orings, they are not standard orings

regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LNē Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LNē Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LD PC-V8 Watercooling Cases:
    LINK

LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Watercoolig PC case with 10 expansion slots: LINK NEW!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    The only thing about the o-rings I would worry about would be if they become brittle at the low temperatures. But at the end of the day when you've finished benching, the pot has to be left until it has warmed up, in which case the o-ring will never be flexed when it's cold.

Xtreme Member
    Well he did just say they are not ordinary. But those pots look damn fine!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipi
    Well he did just say they are not ordinary.
    Yeah I know, but what material won't become very brittle under the presence of LN2?

Banned
    he might have tested it but there has to be material out there which is fine under ln2!

Xtreme Addict
    he might have tested it but there has to be material out there which is fine under ln2!
    Hmm maybe there is, but not at the cost we could afford for the sake of PC cooling . Don't forget if you pour LN2 on a piece of steel you can snap it becomes that brittle!

Banned
    I think thats within direct contact and for a set time..as coper and alloy be screwed then!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    On some of MMouse's old brazed pots part of the mounting included a military spec O-ring which was fine down to -200C or something rediculous like that.

Banned
    I use to fly rockets, big things, 5,000ft + and mach speeds etc. I use to use Hybrid motors and they had Nitrous Oxide heled in a clinder which had thread on there. It would get cold both during the filling and the burn as the tank would vent. We used mill spec rings and coated them with Kyrotex so lube that helped seal but protect the ring. Admitly we ditched each ring after the flight for safty..

-100c Club Member
    No problems with containers at all...2 hours testing

regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LNē Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LNē Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LINK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Banned
    -76.5c.....what aboit -170+ dude??

Could you get a really nice close up of the ice in macro..thing that be a sexy image of them

-100c Club Member
    @Pete: I'm 99% sure that pot will be ok with LN2 too (we will test it next week), because there is no directly contact between oring and LN2....

What do you want to prove me...?

Best Regards

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil
    @Pete: I'm 99% sure that pot will be ok with LN2 too (we will test it next week), because there is no directly contact between oring and LN2....

What do you want to prove me...?

Best Regards

I agree with you to do dude..look forward to some even more colder shote, guess that was dice then?

I don't get your last comment there. If it was about questioning your result of tonights test..i was not. I trust and bleive in all you've said and shown on the dice/ln2, ss, cascade..one of very few people i trust and enjoy talking with

Xtreme Cruncher
    I remember seeing somewhere that there actually are O-rings that withstand LN2, so if those are it, it should be totally fine.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @LD can u tell how wide are your new semi-solid pots? 60mm? Or bigger?

regards
    Born to overclock

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misko82
    @LD can u tell how wide are your new semi-solid pots? 60mm? Or bigger?

regards
    Yes it is about 60mm, mybe little less

regards

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Xtreme Enthusiast
    great containers
    congratulations

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil
    Yes it is about 60mm, mybe little less

regards
    I'm very interested how will it work under ln2, can u try 32m test and tell us fluctuation during the test?

regards
    Born to overclock

Hey, LD can u PM me about plans for that pots...

regards
    OC-Lab is no more...
    Tnx for your support and so long!
    R.I.P. www.oc-lab.com 18.02.2007

made by tiborrr...and that is true...

-100c Club Member
    Guys what do you thing about that one?

On the middle is 4mm holle that you can mount ''center pole'' and if you don't need center pole you can remowe it, for example dice or you put little smaller. For LN2 you can use bigger one/taller/wider what you want. Between ''center pole'' and bottom i think i will use artic ceramuque for better contact between both parts of container?

Without anything:

Small center pole:

Bigger one:

Different center poles:

Best Regards

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    hhhhmmm nice thinking LD , but how about the heat transefair ? good contact just with turning the pole int or what ?
    ure containers look ass nice like ure bike

Xtreme Member
    Nice idea that removable center pole but heat transfer suffers too much. Bottom part has to be made from single part.

My only advise is that dont take the diameter and height of center pole from kingpins container. I think diameter should be bit smaller (in order to get some dryice bit closer to core where delta T is biggest) and height considerably longer to get the most benefit from the idea.

Great work anyways. Going to be intresting to see some tests.
    "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood."

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @LD Idea is fantastic for smaller diameter pots, I have 80mm wide 15cm tall with unmovable pimp, for Di it is awesome my 6700 can do 5.2+ for SS with only 1.83V, filled only with 10cm of DI! with no al or cu parts above 15cm solid part, hope to get 5.3+ with 1.93V, so when u have wide pot (80mm) it is better even for DI to use solid, for ln2 we all know the answer, for smaller pots (60mm or smaller) like yours new one this is better way I think. It would be fine with ln2 and pretty much better for DI.

regards
    Born to overclock

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast