Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wow!! Look famiar? Hey Bei Fei!

stupid question, will it work with any pump top? specifically thinking about the screw threads.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Taskforce View Post
    only gripe is this would be the only Koolance part in my rig and I'm not really a fan of Koolance.
    meh... i had that same mentality until i met dean and tim.
    Now nadeshiko only non koolance parts are 1 res, rads, and my pump tops, along with GPU blocks.
    LOL...

in ver.3, i think koolance will take over my rig and plant a KL flag on the cpu.
    Well its already cooled by a KL-360 with a single slit injector from eric's tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolance View Post
    Oh, you will be... you WILL be...

Tim
    <-- first causality of this statement.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by TRICHEESE View Post
    Tim: how much wider is the Koolance cooler than the original pump dimensions?
    Heat sink itself is the same footprint as the pump (62mm). New metal bracket is wider at 71mm x 65mm.

Quote Originally Posted by OC Maximus View Post
    Will your PMP-400 heatsink simply bolt on to a Swiftech MCR355?
    Any Laing/ITT DDC's.

Quote Originally Posted by facboy View Post
    stupid question, will it work with any pump top? specifically thinking about the screw threads.
    As long as they share the same thread as the stock pump top. We supply M4 screws with the heat sink, and these fit the stock pump top and our nozzle base like COV-RP400.

Tim

Xtreme Addict
    I used a DDC-1, the old black impeller version, for 2 1/2 years without so much as a hiccup.

I remember a thread on here not too long ago where people were looking for an original heatsink. Now that Koolance has one, then people complain. Go figure...

I am Xtreme
    Warning: Epic Post ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by TRICHEESE View Post
    nice can you show us some pics when you get it
    I'm guessing this was aimed at me, sooo, since mine finally showed up on Monday and I've finally got all the pics taken and post processing done, I'll go through unboxing and assembly for you guys.

As soon as it showed up, I fired up my camera and rushed the box to "The Photo Studio". Behind the box is a 3.1 that this may actually wind up going into a build on, haven't really decided yet.

Opening the box we are greeted by this sight.

Mmm, bag of goodies (I'll go though the contents a little later).

Side 1 of the main part of this kit (also explained later)

Side 2 of the main part of this kit (again, explained later)

Instruction sheet (could really be a little better explaining some things)

Template for thermal pad

Well, how about that. . .it's later. This is the entire contents of the bag of goodies and the main body/heat sink bag. I'm not certain on items #4 & #9 but I'm almost positive they may have something to do with mounting the unit when utilizing the tabs on the sides.

The only real concern I had when assembling this was one of the screws that hold the body pieces together came uncomfortably close to this coil. . .so, I ground it down with the Dremel. A little electricians tape (black) placed over the screw should work just as well. You may have noticed the glove, it's the best way to prevent getting finger prints on the plating.

Spacers in place, I just sort of dropped them in place after sliding the body over the pump motor. Lift the motor up only as far as you need to to slide the spacers in.

Bottom installed and bolted down. Note the notch Tim pointed out earlier in the topic is lined up with the wire connections.

Template cut

Thermal pad, it's kind of thick and heavy and it's got a sticky side. Get your minds of of the gutter.

Ready for cutting. I recommend holding the template in place with some thin 2 sided scotch tape, it'll make things a little easier.

All cut and ready to "remove the film".

Film removed and place on the PCB with the pink side down. My reasoning behind this was the instructions actually show the pad going onto the heatsink itself and lead me to believe that they meant to stick it on the heat sink and the best way to line it up right was to do what I did.

Heat sink installed and tightened down.

...and from the sides

...and finally, with a fan attached.

Hope this helps somebody down the line.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Guru
    Bit extreme for a pump /top lol... grats to koolance for using this design but i honestly dont like the heatsink and the top, looks kinda ugly.. hehe

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

So wait, this is a pump or a waterblock with a pump? I'm honestly confused now.

Nice pic's WL i might have to get me 3 of these now

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluded View Post
    So wait, this is a pump or a waterblock with a pump? I'm honestly confused now.
    It's a heat sink kit for the DDC line of pumps. The top does not come with it.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Thumbs up Brilliant How-to....

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    It's a heat sink kit for the DDC line of pumps.

Really appreciate that excellent walk through. Pictures are always worth a million.

Thank you.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me".

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for the pics Waterlogged.

Somehow I expect to see waterblocks for those kits in a while (possibly DIY'ed) .
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Xtreme Guru
    Watercooling LC pump?
    Good one.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Watercooling LC pump?
    Good one.
    Whaaaat ? It would only dump at max like 18W into the loop, which might give you a 0.1-0.2c increase, depending on the RPM and rad used.
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    Mondays:

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    E:f;b
    Sigs are obnoxious.

I am Xtreme
    Great pics, Waterlogged. This is our first production batch and things are still a little rough. We are pre-cutting the thermal pad in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    Somehow I expect to see waterblocks for those kits in a while (possibly DIY'ed) .
    We have a design for that, too. But there aren't any current plans to produce it.

Tim

I am Xtreme
    For Waterlogged's post, the unknown #4 rubber washers and #9 screws are for mounting the new heat sink base. There are four threaded holes on the sides of the metal base. I think 2 screws and vibration washers are included (instead of 4) because we assume only one side will be in contact with the chassis or mounting surface. There is also the option to mount using the bottom heat sink stand offs.

Tim

Xtreme Addict
    I think it is time to retire my EK dual DDC top and move to two of these + two tops directly connected

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
    I think it is time to retire my EK dual DDC top and move to two of these + two tops directly connected
    By the looks of it, these kits should fit with EK's dual DDC top. Koolance, can you perhaps confirm whether the kits work with dual tops?
    Mondays:

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    By the looks of it, these kits should fit with EK's dual DDC top. Koolance, can you perhaps confirm whether the kits work with dual tops?
    They would, but I am not sure that I would want to use it that way...I'm just looking for an excuse to get away from the dual top lol! Oh and, like another individual here I feel weird having only one part in the rig be Koolance.

I am Xtreme
    Mine should be arriving in a few hours

I am Xtreme
    Thanks all. This was kind of a nightmare trying to wrangle all the pics I took and the limited time I had to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolance View Post
    For Waterlogged's post, the unknown #4 rubber washers and #9 screws are for mounting the new heat sink base. There are four threaded holes on the sides of the metal base. I think 2 screws and vibration washers are included (instead of 4) because we assume only one side will be in contact with the chassis or mounting surface. There is also the option to mount using the bottom heat sink stand offs.

Tim
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions Tim. Might want to have someone add that to the instruction sheet somewhere. That little package you sent me is next on my "To Do" list.
    Circles SucQ!

Chasing After Diety
    i really dont think u will need the fan.

those guys work better then the ones i made with bei.

I really wish my camera didnt break.

I accidentally dropped it while taking pictures of Lind and i cracked the lense.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 07-23-2010 at 10:16 AM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

I am Xtreme
    Installation was rather annoying but damn what a sexy beast

Xtreme Guru
    Yup. Koolance is good at making sexy products. Look of cross shaped CPU-360 is still my favourite. Pitty gtx480 block had gone too far down bling path.

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Thanks Waterlogged and lowfat.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast