Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181 ... LastLast

Thread: The ATI Radeon 5XXX Thread

Xtreme Addict

HD 5870 Pictures

Last edited by jaredpace; 09-15-2009 at 10:35 PM.
    Bring... bring the amber lamps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfury View Post
    Dual-Core?
    All current architecture shots are fake...

Juniper XT is expected to be around 4890 speeds if not a little faster. 800SPs seems like a lock but I wouldn't put it past AMD/ATi for a 960SP chip.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    The hard part with sapphire and others is getting them to do anything in the first place, and then the extremely long wait on getting something back. They WILL try and trick you in to taking a weaker card. Not sure if anyone remembers the people who were given x1950pros by sapphire in exchange for their x1900xt/xtx without word and told they were better cards because "the number is higher". Law or not, it's hard to enforce your law on a company that isn't in the same country as that law... Most they can do is claim you can't sell in there country, but they themselves don't sell in that country, the distributors do.

XFX doesn't care if you MELT the card over-clocking it. They WILL send you a new one as long as the sticker is still intact. Also, they then cover whoever you sell it to for as long as they have it as well.

The small premium isn't just for the warranty, but the perfect customer service they have.

Only two companies I'll deal with is eVGA and XFX if at all possible.
    I feel the same way. Honestly I have stuck with nVidia just because of eVGA. Not because I'm a partial to it. If I were to grab the ATI card, I would only pick XFX. I really wish eVGA would manufacture some ATI cards though.

[Project] Lateralus
    ------------------
    Intel i7 920 DO @4.2gz /H20
    EVGA Classified 760 /H20
    EVGA GTX275 715/1600 /H20
    6gb Corsair Dominator CL7
    Auzentech X-fi Forte
    Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    WD Black 1TB
    Corsair 1000HX
    Custom Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Addict
    Do they really use a Ahtlon II 250? Seem like the performance we see is pretty surprising.
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    All current architecture shots are fake...

Juniper XT is expected to be around 4890 speeds if not a little faster. 800SPs seems like a lock but I wouldn't put it past AMD/ATi for a 960SP chip.
    It is real。。。。。CHIPHELL is a reliable source。。。

Juniper XT will be a little slower than 4870,and it is a 800sp chip....
    Last edited by mindfury; 09-13-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    It is real。。。。。CHIPHELL is a reliable source。。。
    Chiphell is a good source for some info...
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    All card manufacturers are royal pains come RMA time.

Stick with the cheapest properly cooled solution.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    this could be my first ati card in a longg time, it's looking damn good. I was going to wait for larrabee, but that thing is probably going to be a joke compared to this.

WoW + eyeinfinity might just have me sold.
    Last edited by Wiggy McShades; 09-13-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    real men like the idea of packing lots of stuff into a very small space, which is what the mac mini is
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    PS. I'm even tougher IRL.

c[_]
    I like how the linux quake 3 setup with a ton of monitors keeps showing up rofl.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Quote Originally Posted by gumballguy View Post
    All card manufacturers are royal pains come RMA time.

Stick with the cheapest properly cooled solution.
    eVGA took 3 days... THREE DAYS from the moment I called for the RMA til it was in my hands with their advanced RMA program, which ships you out a new card before you send them back the old one and comes with the packaging to send them the old one back plus the shipping label.

That, my friend, is not a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Member
    eVGA took 3 days... THREE DAYS from the moment I called for the RMA til it was in my hands with their advanced RMA program, which ships you out a new card before you send them back the old one and comes with the packaging to send them the old one back plus the shipping label.

That, my friend, is not a pain.
    eVGA's RMA is good, BFG is the best tho.

i CAnt Wait for a 3d MARK06 score
    two in crossfire and i7 to 4Ghz 30k

Xtreme Addict

Dual-Core?
    Dont think so, it seems an image about how they organized the internal arcitecture using sharing of resources.
    as suggested by someone else on xtreme, they run a hardware internal and in my view (raid0) like sharing with a single output.
    4670k 4.6ghz 1.22v watercooled CPU/GPU - Asus Z87-A - 290 1155mhz/1250mhz - Kingston Hyper Blu 8gb -crucial 128gb ssd - EyeFunity 5040x1050 120hz - CM atcs840 - Corsair 750w -sennheiser hd600 headphones - Asus essence stx - G400 and steelseries 6v2 -windows 8 Pro 64bit Best OS used - - 9500p 3dmark11 (one of the 26% that isnt confused on xtreme forums)

Xtreme Member
    Would expect juniper to be a direct replacement of the 4890 it seems beefy no way thats 128 bit , probably my next card as well .In any case would love to see the whole lineup and specs.
    My Heatware
    Originally Posted by some guy on internet
    That's your problem right there. Just forget about how things look on paper as that's irrelevant.

Xtreme Guru
    That "GPU-Z shot" is a FAKE. W1zzard said after the press event when he got sample(s) that he'll be adding support for the buggers in near future. GPU-Z is now at v0.3.4 so the older v0.3.3 can't give such data displayed in the shot.
    Even if there was 2 physically separate SIMD arrays under one command processor it wouldn't make it a dualcore - unless you want to call G200 a hexacore as it has 6 physically separate SIMD cores.
    Last edited by largon; 09-14-2009 at 12:08 AM.
    You were not supposed to see this.

Xtreme Addict
    i think at high res aa/af a 5850 will be equal to a gtx295, and a 5870 faster than 4890 crossfire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Sh1tyMcGee View Post
    eVGA's RMA is good, BFG is the best tho.
    eVGA's is perfect. Lifetime warranty and offers advanced shipping of the replacement....

Of course, I have never had to deal with BFG's. I'm not sure how they can possibly be "better" than my experience with eVGA, unless you live in their city and they let you walk to the door and swap on the spot.

We're getting seriously off topic either way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Addict
    Ultra High Res, for the volt-modders

http://hardwarebg.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1192

From Largon @ TPU:
    And those pics confirmed the construction of the VRM:
    ● 4 "digital" vGPU phases with Volterra VT1157SF (never seen these before...), option for a 5th vGPU phase
    ● new type of vGPU inductor package
    ● 1 "digital" uncore (GDDR5 IMC?) phase with Volterra VT1157SF, option for a 2nd
    ● 1+1 "digital" GDDR5 vDD+vDDQ phases with Volterra VT242WF
    ● 2× Volterra VT1165MF controllers (vGPU & uncore)
    ● the card is SOFTMOD COMPLIANT, YAY!
    ● 2×6pin, option for 6pin+8pin - not that it matters, though
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpo...&postcount=669
    Last edited by jaredpace; 09-14-2009 at 02:20 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpace View Post
    i think at high res aa/af a 5850 will be equal to a gtx295, and a 5870 faster than 4890 crossfire
    It seems the cards are to fast?
    I worry a lot about computers taking over the world and now they are even faster than before?
    How much should I worry now?
    is it the 22 of september when I must go under ground?
    4670k 4.6ghz 1.22v watercooled CPU/GPU - Asus Z87-A - 290 1155mhz/1250mhz - Kingston Hyper Blu 8gb -crucial 128gb ssd - EyeFunity 5040x1050 120hz - CM atcs840 - Corsair 750w -sennheiser hd600 headphones - Asus essence stx - G400 and steelseries 6v2 -windows 8 Pro 64bit Best OS used - - 9500p 3dmark11 (one of the 26% that isnt confused on xtreme forums)

Xtreme Addict
    eVGA's is perfect. Lifetime warranty and offers advanced shipping of the replacement....

Of course, I have never had to deal with BFG's. I'm not sure how they can possibly be "better" than my experience with eVGA, unless you live in their city and they let you walk to the door and swap on the spot.

We're getting seriously off topic either way...
    Haven't seen you in ages, 80 hour weeks, that's incredible. Glad you're back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredpace View Post
    Finally, benches are around the corner when shots like that start appearing.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Xtreme Addict
    ^Hahah. I don't know if you should fear them or not. 295 is probably still faster at medium resolutions in apps where gt200b scales nicely.

Here is some commentary I found about the "dual simd arrays"; can anyone translate and explain to me in layman's terms what this guy is talking about?

I think you guys are judging in the photos mislead by the architecture. It seems to be that for the shader units have been lined up to two instead of single row, but are cmq intercommunication between them, and not only speaks with block 1 block 1 and block 2 speaks only with block 2. I think this is only a constructive solution "geometric" to optimize the molding of the chip, so this scheme to "butterfly" should not take you on flights of fancy too and I think dual GPU. Not counting that, and they all end going into the UDP (ultra dispace processor). Then you see as with R600 on it is he who takes care of sharing the work among the various sub array of microcore. Hence, for him 22 or 22 in a row numbered from 0 to 21 or have 2 lined up to 2 always between 0 and 21 is simply a physical movement of constructive optimizations.
    Different speech but if the calls made to or from UDP were like 0-10 or 0-9A and 0-10 or 0-9B at that point but we could speak of architectural style of dual core "pure" because the calls are mirrored in 2 different units then A and B.
    First we must need to see if the calls have to be mirrored, so if each unit 0A must necessarily do what the 0B and that means that the worst results of architecture of rv870 will result a 800x2 more than a 1600 SP.
    I do not think so I think that they are independent.
    Atlas, then you just see how they are called arrays. If there are several contiguous, then it is dual core, dual core is only for the geometry construction. If they are considered 2 separate units well then you endorsed the solution "dual core"
    http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/showpo...postcount=9877
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    if indeed the 5870 2g is approx £275 (which i doubt) then ill be getting one!

My Free-DC Stats
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet

Do you have any idea if Thermalright HR-03 / R600, will fit the new 5870, and if it will be better than the reference monster cooler? I can buy it now for 22 Euro. Unfortunately ArcticCooling make their Xtreme coolers when the next VGA generation is out.
    AMD 1055T | Noctua NH-D14 | Asrock 890gx Extreme3 | 2x2 GB A-Data 2000 | Asus 5770 | PcP&C 700W

Xtreme Member
    I dont see how Ati couldnt of have made those slot vents bigger. All they needed to do was take the current slots and extend them down towards the hdmi and display ports. Problem solved!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by To(V)bo Co(V)bo View Post
    I dont see how Ati couldnt of have made those slot vents bigger. All they needed to do was take the current slots and extend them down towards the hdmi and display ports. Problem solved!
    Wow, why didn't the AMD engineers think of that one! Genius!

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181 ... LastLast