Page 67 of 180 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768697077117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4486

Thread: Real Temp - New temp program for Intel Core processors

Xtreme Addict
    In case you missed the PM I sent you, pretty much any temperature is safe as long as your computer is stable.

This Q6600 is only mildly overclocked so it can run Prime at 80C. If I was overclocking it further then I would need to reduce those temps or I'd lose Prime stability.

If you're Prime stable and RealTemp doesn't show PROCHOT# lighting up then you're good to go so stop worrying about temperatures. The Core processors do an excellent job of looking after themselves.
    Last edited by unclewebb; 07-08-2008 at 09:54 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks uncle, I love it! The option for a top right would be nice, but it's easy to drag the window. Take a break, enjoy your summer. You've earned it with ho far RT has come.

D-Tek Fuzion quad nozzle & MCW30
    8800GTS 512 @820/999/1998 with a MCW60
    2xMCP655b
    1xMCR320 and 1xMCR120 with 4x Yate Loon SH's
    2x Raptor X

Xtreme Addict
    I knew you'd be happy WoZZeR999! Top right or left corners are my choices for anchor spots but I might include the bottom corners as well for those that like to have the task bar along the sides or at the top. That shouldn't kill me to add an option for this.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't have my taskbar on the side, but for people who have taskbar on the side with auto-hide, how would that affect them? You also may want to make an option for clear log on start. Also maybe an option for alert user on Prochot, probably a pop-up window of some sort.

2xMCP655b
    2x Raptor X

small problem i just got an e8500 stuck clocks and when i test the sensors i get:
    core 0: sensor move: 0
    core 1: sensor move: 4

is there something wrong ?

btw real temp reporting: 31c , 28c

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Stuck sensor is a hardware issue. If the core get's above 32c then it will start to change. It just won't read anything under 32c.

2xMCP655b
    2x Raptor X

cpu issue ? or something els?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yeah, one of the sensors on the cpu package is stuck at a low of 32c. Nothing to worry about (and Intel won't RMA it).

Uncle, you may want to add a clause to the test sensors that says if you have a stuck sensor, the temp will raise above the temp that it is stuck at when load is applied.

2xMCP655b
    2x Raptor X

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by xo4ox View Post
    cpu issue ? or something else?
    The sensors on these chips are not designed or calibrated by Intel to accurately report idle temperatures. At least one sensor that sticks when the temps go below 30C is pretty common. They might let you exchange your processor but they are not obligated to do so and the next one you get might not be any better.

As long as it reports your load temps then you have nothing to be concerned about. Lots of CPUs still overclock fine even if the sensors aren't great for reporting idle temperatures.

If you want to send me your 45nm E8500 I'll be happy to exchange it for my 65nm E6400. The sensors work pretty good on that chip!

lol i just wanted to know if its mornal and if it will effect performance and overclocking .

Xtreme Member
    tep, sensor is stuck... nothing to worry about.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unclewebb View Post
    Just a quick update so that you can drag RealTemp while in Mini-Mode.
    Special thanks to WoZZeR999 for complaining about this oversight.

You can download it here:
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/...alTempBeta.zip

Unzip and copy the new RealTemp.exe into your present RealTemp folder.

You enter or exit Mini-Mode by double left clicking on the GUI.

Even the truly anal will have a hard time complaining about RealTemp taking up too much screen real estate now. Throw it in Mini-Mode and then drag it where ever you like.

RealTemp can also start up in Mini-Mode as well.

The other feature added to this version is that a double right mouse click on the GUI will move RealTemp up to the upper left corner of your screen so it's out of the way. I might add an option later so you can choose where on the screen you want it to go after a double right click.

Feedback is always appreciated. Time to get back to enjoying summer.
    Wow nice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	842 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	81701  
    Last edited by xtclocker; 07-08-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: add image

Xtreme Member
    Hi uncle what does the Tray Info in settings do?

i ran Prime95 for 2 minutes small fft, temps jupped to 34c, 36c so all is good right ?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by xtclocker View Post
    Hi uncle what does the Tray Info in settings do?
    That's sort of an obscure feature. When not selected, on a Dual or Quad core processor, the left most tray icon will display the temperature of all cores when the mouse is hovering over it and the other tray icons will only show the core number like Core 1, Core 2, Core 3.

I like it that way but some users prefer to see all of the core temperatures over each tray icon. This is the way CoreTemp does it. I think that's redundant information but the users are king when it comes to RealTemp features. If you like to see all temps over each tray icon then select the Tray Info option in the Settings window.

xo4ox: As this post shows, no worries until the temps get much higher. Your sensors are working like everyone else's. Time to get overclocking with some extra core voltage so maybe you won't notice these sensor issues at low idle temps.
    Last edited by unclewebb; 07-08-2008 at 02:01 PM.

Xtreme Member
    That's sort of an obscure feature. When not selected, on a Dual or Quad core processor, the left most tray icon will display the temperature of all cores when the mouse is hovering over it and the other tray icons will only show the core number like Core 1, Core 2, Core 3.

I like it that way but some users prefer to see all of the core temperatures over each tray icon. This is the way CoreTemp does it. I think that's redundant information but the users are king when it comes to RealTemp features. If you like to see all temps over each tray icon then select the Tray Info option in the Settings window.
    Thanks I just found out! Very useful!

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
    yeah, one of the sensors on the cpu package is stuck at a low of 32c. Nothing to worry about (and Intel won't RMA it).
    Yes they will, I RMAed mine due to stuck sensors and it went smoothly.

Xtreme Member
    My new Q9550 have this temps in RT(idle) rightnow:
    core0=47
    core1=47
    core2=33
    core3=30

The test sensors:
    core0: sensor movement: 0
    core1: sensor movement: 0
    core2: sensor movement: 0
    core3: sensor movement: 9

I think this thing have too many stucks sensors. I must RMAing this, right?
    DFI UT x58/i7 940
    TRUE Black + 2 Scythe s-flex PushPull
    Dominator GT 3x2Gb 2000 CL8 @ 1600 CL6
    XFX GTX280 XXX
    Velociraptor 150 Raid0 - Seagate 500 Raid1
    Corsair Hx1000
    Lian-Li PC-A77 Mod
    **Sorry by my Spanglish**

Xtreme Addict
    Just a quick update so that you can drag RealTemp while in Mini-Mode.
    Special thanks to WoZZeR999 for complaining about this oversight.

You can download it here:
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/...alTempBeta.zip

Unzip and copy the new RealTemp.exe into your present RealTemp folder.

You enter or exit Mini-Mode by double left clicking on the GUI.

Even the truly anal will have a hard time complaining about RealTemp taking up too much screen real estate now. Throw it in Mini-Mode and then drag it where ever you like.

RealTemp can also start up in Mini-Mode as well.

The other feature added to this version is that a double right mouse click on the GUI will move RealTemp up to the upper left corner of your screen so it's out of the way. I might add an option later so you can choose where on the screen you want it to go after a double right click.

Feedback is always appreciated. Time to get back to enjoying summer.
    Ooooooooo man mini mode ! once again your top's Unclewebb thanks

running to prefection like a madman ! party harty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PENT E8400 batch #814A014 ...4.3 at 1.34v~4.7 at 1.45v
    FOXCONN MARS
    COOLIT Eliminator 7*c idle~27~38*c load $95bucks !
    BUFFALO FireStix's ddr2-800 do 1200 eazy at 2.1v
    OCZ 2x2 kit pc2 8500 - 1066 @1069 atm
    Quattro 1000W
    Radeon 2-4850's in crossfire
    OCZ Vertex SSD thanks Tony!
    ALL PIPED INTO HOUSE AIRCOND ;}
    *QUANTUM FORCE* saaya & sham rocks !
    *REAL TEMP*
    At least you've got some Xtreme software now for working in Xtreme situations! "Unclewebb" rocks !
    *MEMSET* Felix rocks !
    *SUPER TEC MAN* UncleJimbo rocks !
    OVERCLOCKERS MAG..http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=197660

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by vega22 View Post
    I think this thing have too many stuck sensors. I must RMA this, right?
    Most sensors begin to start working at some point as the heat increases but your core0 and core1 probably won't start working until over 47C which is worse than most chips. The 45nm Quads seem particularly bad for stuck sensors at idle but you don't have to RMA it. See how it runs and overclocks first. No use sending a chip back to Intel if it runs like a raped ape.

Try running Prime small FFTs to create some heat and see if they start moving.

Thanks HDCHOPPER. Now I just have to come up with a customized Dual Core version so all you guys having fun in the E8400 forum can add it to your screen shots. It should almost be a requirement over there!

Xtreme Addict
    realtemp keeps getting better and better, thanks webb
    Mpower Max | 4770k | H100 | 16gb Sammy 30nm 1866 | GTX780 SC | Xonar Essence Stx | BIC DV62si | ATH AD700 | 550d | AX850 | VG24QE | 840pro 256gb | 640black | 2tb | CherryReds | m60 | Func1030 |
    HEAT

Xtreme Member
    The 45nm Quads seem particularly bad for stuck sensors at idle but you don't have to RMA it. See how it runs and overclocks first. No use sending a chip back to Intel if it runs like a raped ape.
    Thanks, Uncle...but...too late. Tomorrow my shop send me a new chip. But I will try both and i RMA the worse.
    DFI UT x58/i7 940
    TRUE Black + 2 Scythe s-flex PushPull
    Dominator GT 3x2Gb 2000 CL8 @ 1600 CL6
    XFX GTX280 XXX
    Velociraptor 150 Raid0 - Seagate 500 Raid1
    Corsair Hx1000
    Lian-Li PC-A77 Mod
    **Sorry by my Spanglish**

Xtreme Addict
    I was on another forum this evening battling against typical core temperature FUD. I did some testing which really shows and explains thermal throttling so I'm going to re-post it here. I enjoy programming RealTemp but it's always nice when I actually get the chance to use it.

Here's one of the statements I disagreed with and my response:

Quote Originally Posted by deagle View Post
    the thermal throttling @ the G0 6600 Quad beginns ~ 83°C all Temps lower are fine
    I decided to up my core voltage a little and I also disabled my CPU fan so I could create some heat and explore at what temperature thermal throttling really begins at. When thermal throttling is reached, the PROCHOT# bit in the processor gets set which software like RealTemp reads and displays. There are two separate bits set within the CPU. The Status bit shows you if thermal throttling is presently taking place and the History bit shows you if any thermal throttling has taken place since you started up.

In this first picture you can see that both core0 and core1 have reached the same maximum temperature of 93C. Core0 shows that it was the first to start thermal throttling.

In the second picture you can see that both core0 and core1 are presently throttling while the other two cores are still fine.

Picture 3 shows what happens during throttling. Intel Core processors drop the multiplier down to 6.0 which reduces the MHz. This helps to keep the CPU temperature under control and hopefully prevents it from reaching TjMax.

Picture 4 shows the next phase of thermal throttling. The processor has now reduced the VID. That's basically the processor telling the motherboard that it would like less voltage so it can try and control the heat it's producing. Because I am overclocking on an Asus board and I have manually set the core voltage, the motherboard has decided to ignore this request for less voltage and is still feeding the CPU 1.400 volts. The PROCHOT# Status bit continues to turn on and off which is keeping the temperature steady at 93C.

It's good to know that even when overclocked with extra core voltage that you can run your processor right up to TjMax and still be Prime stable. These things do a great job of taking care of themselves. The further you try to overclock, the more you'll need to reduce your core temperatures to remain Prime stable.

After I stopped running Prime and turned the CPU fan back on things returned to normal. The PROCHOT# History bits for core0 and core1 remain lit up until the next time it gets rebooted. During this test core2 and core3 never got hot enough to trigger thermal throttling. The two sets of Dual Cores within a Quad work independently so you can have situations where two cores are running at a slower speed while the other two cores are still running at full speed.
    Last edited by unclewebb; 07-10-2008 at 11:54 PM.

What happened? I thought you were out enjoying the summer,,, RT works, you've done a beautiful job, none better in fact, it's time to chase bikinis!
    Q6600@ 3.4 Underwater, P5E-VM HDMI, 4GB OCZ 5,5,5,15 EVGA 8800GT, P.C.P.&C 610w

Page 67 of 180 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768697077117167 ... LastLast