Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2585

Thread: Official GIGA P35-S3/DS3/DS3R/DS3P/DS4/DQ6 bios/info thread

Some motherboards of GIGABYTE GA-P35-series have two PCI-E graphics slots. Intel P35 chipset officially supports ATI CrossFire, but it enables only x16+x4 lines configuration. It's not so bad as some radical benchers can think, here are some tests for example:
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...e_performance/
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2837
    IMO, the deifference between x8+x8 or x16+x16 and x16+x4 isn't so huge to worry about. CrossFire support problems from games are more serious.
    The Way It's Meant to Be Obscured

World Champion - IRONMODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryouko View Post
    I have the rev 2.0, bios ver F9 (2007/11/30), I unfortunately didn't run memtest86+ ver 1.7 while I had the F7 bios so that's why I kept exchanging those memory sticks. I felt bad for doing that and thinking it was the ram.

I'm not too sure how I would be able to downgrade my bios- I wasn't able to update the bios update through the bios but through the gigabyte bios web update program (@bios)... I tried to update it through Q-Flash, but never got it to work...

I hope it's the bios and if it is a fix might be in the works!
    Just sent this too Gigabyte:
    System Configuration
    VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : eVGA 8800GTX
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : Q6600 Speed : 2.4GHz
    Operation System : n/a SP :
    Memory Brand : Type : DDRII
    Memory Size : various Speed : various
    Power Supply : 500 W

tested four different sets of memory:
    (x2) 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 @ 800MHz 4-4-4-12 2.2V
    (x1) 2x1GB Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 @ 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 2.2V
    (x1) 2x2GB G.SKILL PC2-8000 @ 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 2.1V
    tested by pairs & with individual DIMMS. Results never varied.

This is a bug report for GA-P35-DS4 Rev.2.0 ***F9 BIOS***

Running the popluar memory diagnostic tool "memtest86+" v1.7 results in numerous "false positive" errors. Errors always occurring during test 1 and/or test 2 and always at address "0007feedf18" regardless of memory brand/size/configuration. I flashed back to the F8 BIOS and memtest86+ v1.7 runs without issue.

Please refer to the "more detailed configurations" section for more information on tested memory.

I also briefly tested memtest86 v3.2 with the same "false positive" errors.

F8 BIOS

F9 BIOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

I am Xtreme
    Well, I had a bad BIOS flash on a GA-965 DS3 and had to get something Quick. I went to ComUSA while they're having their Going Out of Business Sale. I bought their last GA-P35 DS3L because it was $87. It's a pretty nice board but made for Basic systems only. Example, only 4 SATA headers but at least it adds a fan header (now 3) while my old one only had two.
    I'll eventually use this one for my HTPC that will not be overclocked and built more for quiet running without water cooling.

I didn't even do a fresh install. I just installed it over the other board's drivers and only removed the software. It's actually slightly faster than the old board. It has ZERO compatability problems with the X-Fi.

With computers, timing is everything. That new features for Hybernation and Timers, even Quicker start up. HPET or High Precision Event Timer.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/CEC/mm-timer.mspx

At first I thought something was screwed up. My computer seemed to have shut down, no flashing power lid light. Nothing running. So I pushed the power button and it woke up from sleep, *deep sleep mode in about 4 secs.
    I think I'm going to like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
    Interesting...What board revision, and what BIOS?

I have a Rev.2.0 F9b and just tried running memtest86+ v1.7 on some Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 that previously passed with flying colors...this time they started popping up errors immediatly. I backed off my speeds/timings, but it did not help. They previously passed without error on F7 & F8...

Consequently, I just completed an RMA request last night for a G.SKILL 2x2GB PC2-8000 kit I just got from newegg last week because they were failing memtest the same way (even with relaxed speeds/timings). Now I'm thinking maybe they're OK.

I think I may try flashing back to F8 and see if the problem remains.
    I have sent back 4 or 5 sets of memory because of failing memtest, 2 sets were so bad that Folding quit working, nothing but errors. The other sets just showed to fail memtest. These were on different boards, the DQ6 and DS3R. I have not tested any on the DS4 yet as I have not had errors with folding...

Xtreme Member
    That P35-DS3L is super popular at Newegg, I've seen. Sells out often. I would've actually bought one for my bro, but it was sold out. They are very similar to DS3R, but almost $40 cheaper.

That reminds me: I got a P35-DS3R 2.0 recently. It was interesting to see because I have a 1.0, and they are very different. Instead of the serial and parallel ports, you get 4 more USB ports. The headers are still there for the legacy ports if you want them. I actually do use parallel because I have a old laser printer that I'm not getting rid of until it stops working. The USB-to-parallel adapters really are a pain to use.
    Last edited by swaaye; 12-17-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Just sent this too Gigabyte:
    I sent them my information as well but haven't gotten a response back from them. I'll have to wait until they get another bios update since I never got the q-flash to work for me.

I sent them my information as well but haven't gotten a response back from them. I'll have to wait until they get another bios update since I never got the q-flash to work for me.
    They responded earlier today with this:
    No issue with bios below F9?
    Any settings overclocked?
    How about running it at default specs?
    I wrote back with this:
    "No issue with bios below F9?"
    No, F7 & F8 work fine, no issues found.

"Any settings overclocked?"
    I've tried overclocked, underclocked, and rated speeds for all components with the same results in memtest. I even tried the Crucial Ballistix, rated at 800MHz 4-4-4-12 2.2V, at 800MHz 5-5-5-15 2.2V (underclocked) and still got the same errors with F9. With F8, I can run at 1200MHz 5-5-5-15 2.2V without errors.

"How about running it at default specs?"
    Set everything at factory rated spec, still got the same errors in F9.

"Ryouko" alearted me to the issue in post #1823 of the Gigabyte P35 thread (page #73) at XtremeSystems Forums...feel free to read our discussion here (toward the bottom):
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...142340&page=73

He has had similar results:
    "I have been running memtest86+ on it (usb legacy disabled) with 3 different sets of corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 and then I tried the Crucial Ballistix BL2Kit12864AA804 and they both failed, both with using the pc35-ds4 default configuration, and with the optimized configurations that are recommended by the memory companies website."
    Then I flashed back to the F9 BIOS and re-ran the tests with the "fail-safe" settings, and the "optimized" settings, just to cover all my bases.

fail-safe:

optimized:
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

This might be a stupid question, but is the DS4 and DS3P similar enough that you can use a DS4 BIOS on a DS3P?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but is the DS4 and DS3P similar enough that you can use a DS4 BIOS on a DS3P?
    No, not similar enough.

Gigabyte has contacted me again:
    revert back to the F8 bios for now, we will examine the F9 bios
    So now we play the waiting game once again...at least they are not denying the problem (not yet at least ).

Heat Team IRONMODS

Certainly a weird issue you guys having with new bios versions. I am keeping an eye on this one.

Hopefully same issue wont show up in the P35-DQ6's F7 final bios if they ever release the final version. F7 bios has been in beta stage for as long as I remember. I am starting to think they actually decided not to bother with F7 final.

BTW the GSkill 2x2GB F2-8000CL5D-PQ kit I recently recieved is rated for 2.0v - 2.1v I get these readings in everest and EZTune with this bios setting.

To be on the safe side I am inclined to believe everest. I am not sure how sensitive to overvolting these chips on the GSkills are. I think I might just overvolt them a wee bit to reach 1037 or 1045 if possible to go with my CPU OC not going crazy on voltage this time. Anyone happened to read reports of these sticks not tolerating 0.1 above rated voltage?

I had my retired dominator 8500s under 2.4v CL4 with dominator airflow fans. It was fun while it lasted. 3 months I guess. I knew it was going to be a short ride but I couldn't resist the temptation of getting the 8888C4DOMS performance out of them. Maybe I was trying to make way for the new 2x2GB kit.
    Last edited by SySTaXer; 12-18-2007 at 02:34 PM.
    Q6600 G0
    GIGABYTE P35-DQ6 - ASUS MAXIMUS RAMPAGE
    2x2GB G.SKILL F2-8000CL5D-PQ - 2x1G CORSAIR DOMINATOR XMS2-8500C5D -2X1GB PATRIOT PC2-9600 C5
    8800ULTRA - X1900XTX -HD4870X2
    TOUGHPOWER 1200W
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by SySTaXer View Post
    BTW the GSkill 2x2GB F2-8000CL5D-PQ kit I recently recieved is rated for 2.0v - 2.1v I get these readings in everest and EZTune with this bios setting.

To be on the safe side I am inclined to believe everest. I am not sure how sensitive to overvolting these chips on the GSkills are. I think I might just overvolt them a wee bit to reach 1037 or 1045 if possible to go with my CPU OC not going crazy on voltage this time. Anyone happened to read reports of these sticks not tolerating 0.1 above rated voltage?
    Did you read EnJoY's review?
    Overall an excellent set of memory both for the user on a budget, as well as the enthusiast. These sticks proved to be excellent overclockers, even though they may not be breaking any records any time soon. They also ran extremely cool, and could definitely be run without a fan even at 2.2v without getting hot to the touch.
    I just ordered two sets a couple days ago....looking forward to being at 8GB in Vista x64

Heat Team IRONMODS

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by swaaye View Post
    That P35-DS3L is super popular at Newegg, I've seen. Sells out often. I would've actually bought one for my bro, but it was sold out. They are very similar to DS3R, but almost $40 cheaper.

That reminds me: I got a P35-DS3R 2.0 recently. It was interesting to see because I have a 1.0, and they are very different. Instead of the serial and parallel ports, you get 4 more USB ports. The headers are still there for the legacy ports if you want them. I actually do use parallel because I have a old laser printer that I'm not getting rid of until it stops working. The USB-to-parallel adapters really are a pain to use.
    So far, so good. I'm liking mine. The Newegg like Price is the reason it was the last one in the store It's a great Basic board and I needed something quick.

Newegg

I'm waiting for better prices on other items at CompUSA.
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

can anyone give me some guidance on how to setup raid on a p35c? i've never done this and the terminology in the manual is new to me? i would like to setup a raid 0 with 2 160 gig drives just so my games load faster. i plan on giving windows it's own drive. it's raid worth it or is it a hasle?
    Q9550 E0 Stepping
    Scythe Ninja Rev. B CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte P35C Rev 1.1 F8
    4 Gigs Corsair Dominator PC 8500 Ram
    8800 GTS 512 G92 @ 715/1000 OC
    Antec P180B Rev 1.1
    Sound Blaster Fatal!ty XtremeGamer w/64 Megs X-ram
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Logitech G5 Mouse

Xtreme Member
    Bios f9 Failing memtest for me also.....Test #3 "0007feedf18" thirty errors and counting.Back to F8
    E6750 G0 POS!
    GA-P35-DS4 Rev. 2.0
    Visiontek HD4870
    Maxtor SATA 160
    OCZ Reaper 2x2 1066
    X-Fi Fatality XG Pro
    Tsunami Dream/Thermaltake TP650

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bones View Post
    Bios f9 Failing memtest for me also.....Test #3 "0007feedf18" thirty errors and counting.Back to F8
    That is very interesting... Did you test with fail safe or optimized settings?
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    Q9650@4.2GHz, 1.2875V
    2x2GB Mushkin XP6400
    Club3D Radeon 4870X2
    Samsung SATA DVD-burner
    1.25TB HDD
    Chiectec full tower
    Zalman ZM850-HP
    BenQ G2400W
    Vista64 Ultimate
    Watercooled with PA120.3 & BIX3,Laing DDC,Swiftech Apogee GT & EK FC Acetal blocks

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SySTaXer View Post
    Certainly a weird issue you guys having with new bios versions. I am keeping an eye on this one.

Hopefully same issue wont show up in the P35-DQ6's F7 final bios if they ever release the final version. F7 bios has been in beta stage for as long as I remember. I am starting to think they actually decided not to bother with F7 final.

I had my retired dominator 8500s under 2.4v CL4 with dominator airflow fans. It was fun while it lasted. 3 months I guess. I knew it was going to be a short ride but I couldn't resist the temptation of getting the 8888C4DOMS performance out of them. Maybe I was trying to make way for the new 2x2GB kit.
    Yes, it is a long time that Gigabyte release the last bios for the DQ6 and it is not a final version. Some people have no problem with the F7b, but not me. I can not boot over 4Ghz with the qx9650. If I use the vcore in manual, I have to change his value each time I boot otherwise I can not load windows
    I have ordered a maximus formula yesteday
    Last edited by Repliquant67; 12-19-2007 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Family man 72 View Post
    I did
    They responded earlier today with this:

I wrote back with this:

Then I flashed back to the F9 BIOS and re-ran the tests with the "fail-safe" settings, and the "optimized" settings, just to cover all my bases.

fail-safe:

optimized:

Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just received GIGABYTE-GA-P35-DS3R Rev 2.0 and been doing orthos on this for 2 hours so far and it works great with tuniq
    http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=284032
    1.392V Load
    2.1V VDIMM

I plan to run that 24/7, I am a gamer and care about stability. Going to 3.6 GHz yield a whopping 12 points in 3DMark06 and it's not worth the extra voltage/temps.

Stock score with EVGA 8800GT 512MB SC of 12,209, will oc the card for over 13k this is vista home premium 32 bit

flashed with F9 BIOS works great so far
    BTK is my initials if you were wondering.

i7 8700K - RTX 3090 - 32 GB RAM - ASUS PG35VQ

i5 8600K - GTX 1080ti - 16 GB RAM - ASUS PG27UQ

Xtreme Member
    HI guys,
    I have a ds3p p35, does it work with new cpu 45nn like 8400?
    thanks

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BTK View Post
    I just received GIGABYTE-GA-P35-DS3R Rev 2.0 and been doing orthos on this for 2 hours so far and it works great with tuniq
    http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=284032
    1.392V Load
    2.1V VDIMM

I plan to run that 24/7, I am a gamer and care about stability. Going to 3.6 GHz yield a whopping 12 points in 3DMark06 and it's not worth the extra voltage/temps.

Stock score with EVGA 8800GT 512MB SC of 12,209, will oc the card for over 13k this is vista home premium 32 bit

flashed with F9 BIOS works great so far
    Its the App not your overclock that's the problem. 3DMarks is merely meant for checking like setups, not a Contest. It doesn't really correlate to any real-world app. If you really want to see more speed, Dump Vista and test real apps.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    But I don't care about benchies, I game........yes most people here like to bench but not me
    BTK is my initials if you were wondering.

i7 8700K - RTX 3090 - 32 GB RAM - ASUS PG35VQ

i5 8600K - GTX 1080ti - 16 GB RAM - ASUS PG27UQ

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BTK View Post
    But I don't care about benchies, I game........yes most people here like to bench but not me
    Cool

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by diablos View Post
    HI guys,
    I have a ds3p p35, does it work with new cpu 45nn like 8400?
    thanks
    Penryn should work on this board.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Please post your complaints on the F9 bios in the following thread:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...253#post246253

It's the GigaByte forum and they have Gigabyte people monitoring the theads. Responses are never steller however at least it gives visability to the problem.
    Last edited by jriker1; 12-19-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Family man 72 View Post
    Indeed......I ran both and it Failed BAD....went back to F8 and let it run for about an hour.Passed without a problem
    E6750 G0 POS!
    GA-P35-DS4 Rev. 2.0
    Visiontek HD4870
    Maxtor SATA 160
    OCZ Reaper 2x2 1066
    X-Fi Fatality XG Pro
    Tsunami Dream/Thermaltake TP650

Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784 ... LastLast