Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Me a KD7 Today!!

Overclocking Guru

Thumbs up Got Me a KD7 Today!!

Well I'm sporting my new system, I picked up a KD7 and for now a XP2200. Looks like the chip maxes with 3D runs at 2316 but this is just the beggining I put the XP2200 in the KD7 and I got All the multipliers and then some, even the 17 worked
    Right now I'm working my way up the fsb trail and sofar running stable at 194, again I'm just starting this is with max timings.
    One bummer on this mobo is the temp. It shows my system very very high and my cpu is showing very high also I guess I just ignor it. the bios shows 2 temps for the CPU, one is the Chip diode and it is at 0c so I know the chip is good and cold.

Check out the multiplier

OPP
    Last edited by OPPAINTER; 10-03-2002 at 03:48 PM.

DaGooch
    2,400MHz Go! Go! Go!

Banned
    Hi, I just happened to see that you managed a 16.5x multi how did you get that? i know usally when you unlock a 2200+ all you get is 5.5x-12.5x thank you and very nice job there do you have some kind of special cooling or is that just a good chip you have there?

Tweaked!
    Impressive OPP, take that thing to the max

You've got it in you, but does it??? I'll bet you can easily get 2450

Tweaked!
    Originally posted by SystemOverload
    Hi, I just happened to see that you managed a 16.5x multi how did you get that? i know usally when you unlock a 2200+ all you get is 5.5x-12.5x thank you and very nice job there do you have some kind of special cooling or is that just a good chip you have there?
    Welcome to the forums

Overclocking Guru
    Originally posted by SystemOverload
    SystemOverload,

Welcome to the forums

As far as the chip at the 16.5 multiplier I did nothing to it
    It's the new KD7 that works well with the new XP chips, the chips are unlocked from the factory.
    I use a Prometeia to cool my chip.
    http://www.xtwerkz.com/Xtreme_Cooling.htm

And I'll get back to maxing the chip out later, right now I'm working on the FSB.
    The KD7 is now doing 198 rock solid max timngs Looking good.

OPP

Xtreme Mentor
    SystemOverload,

Welcome to Xtreme

OPP,
    It sounds like the KD7 is reading the internal diode now like the 8K3A does(i think). If so, you should be able to change your MBM settings to read that internal diode. I know on my epox if I set it to read from the thermistor w/ this XP chip in I get crazy temp readings. The diode temp inside the cpu should be one of the "WindbondX Diode" sensors in MBM.

Let us know...I'd like to know myself
    E8600. EP45-UD3P. 500FSB 24/7. Still WinXP. Heatware

Overclocking Guru
    N8,

Thanks but it isn't the case, My Diode reads 0c in the bios, there are 2 CPU readings. The diode won't measure below 0. I think it's just that the outside sencers are just way off. Probably a good 15c or so, that goes for both the system and CPU.

BTW: 200FSB is 3D proofed, maxed timings, got to go do some more heh, heh

OPP
    Last edited by OPPAINTER; 10-03-2002 at 05:21 PM.

Tweaked!
    OPP, What kinda 3dmarks are getting so far?

Xtreme Relic
    As far as the chip at the 16.5 multiplier I did nothing to it
    It's the new KD7 that works well with the new XP chips, the chips are unlocked from the factory.

OPP, Are you saying your xp2200 came unlocked? I just got one a few days ago from Newegg and had to close 1 bridge to unlock it? Also you are tempting me to buy this board. You said it would top the KX7 and it appears that you were right.

Thanks
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

Overclocking Guru
    Originally posted by Tweaked!
    OPP, What kinda 3dmarks are getting so far?
    Tweaked,
    Well just have to wait and see on that one, I'm useing a GeForce 3 right now, I can tell you that I'm only 300 points away from what my IT7 did with the G3 at 3622 Mhz.
    Fact is if if my radeon runs at these 200 plus FSBs I would think it could do 20k Tomorrow I'll hook up the Radeon and let her Fly.

Dude,
    The XP2200s always had there L1s connected, from the begining. It's just that Abit has figuered out how to make the mobos work with them now

OPP

A little KD7 Goodness at 206x10

Excellent job my man

The KD7 is looking very promising indeed Keep up the great clocking and benching....I wanna see that 20,000 score my friend!

Randi

Overclocking Guru
    It's almost getting scary, I am so close to my IT7 score with this stock G3 it's unreal.

MrIcee,

What is the highest your Radeon will run 3D at, the FSB ??

Thanks,
    OPP

Evil Kitty
    Great work so far OPP

My KD7 also arrived today and I can concur with and confrim some of your observations.

First, it certainly does appear that the internal diode is working fine. My "Internal CPU Temperature" hovers around 6c loaded with a 226w TEC. The "CPU Temperature" runs about 6-7 degrres higher than the diode (reading 13c now with the internal at 6c). At idle my internal temp drops to 0 (and not below either), and the regular in socket CPU temp reads 5c.

My system temp is also sky high....runs around 36c.

A few other things I noticed:

There was no themal paste whatsoever under the nb fan...so I added some AS III.

The 5v rail is excellent using the extra ATX2 connector. My 5v rail hasn't dropped under 5.1v loaded, and read 5.21 at idle. Awesome baby

Last, the Mem voltage adjustments rock...up to 3.25v. No need for a Vmem mod for me.

Right now she is purring along at 202 FSB
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    32GB (8 x 4) Gskill @4000
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    OS & Apps: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Games: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    Storage: Crucial M500 2TB
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

OPP

The best I did on my system was 11.5x 201FSB for 2316Mhz. I did not have a chance to try running at anything higher. Just make sure you leave fast writes disabled and enhance AGP performance disabled...the latter caused locks and freezes when running 200Mhz FSB.

Randi

Xtreme Relic
    Dude,
    The XP2200s always had there L1s connected, from the begining. It's just that Abit has figuered out how to make the mobos work with them now.

Thanks OPP...I wasn't thinking as I have never run any board yet that would work with the xp2200..I knew the L1s were connected, I thought the 5th L3 had to be connected also to unlock it as on my KX7. Sounds like a pretty sweet board...I wonder if a good HS and fan would keep my credit card from melting?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

Overclocking Guru
    Well looks like 208 for max timings Fryed the OS at 210. I think I'll try some relaxed timings and see if I can get some high stuff.

OPP

Xtreme Addict
    Looking good OPP

The Abit letting it run unlocked is favourable indeed.

hmmm I wont jump öööö yet back to AMD but ill be looking closely....very closely

Intel P4 3.2 EE || Asus P4C800-E || Prometia Mach II || 2 x 256Meg HyperX 3500 || Antec TrueControl|| Sapphire Radeon 9800XT || 2x Raptors || Samsung 172T

OCAU 3DMark Team || 3DMark Compare: 26847 || World of Britney|| PCDB Entry

"Sundance is weird. The movies are weird. You actually have to think about them when you watch them. " -Britney Spears

OPP, what memory are you using?

Overclocking Guru
    Originally posted by Murray
    OPP, what memory are you using?
    That stuff was some Corsair 3200 C2 Platnim. I'm going to try a stick of Geil 4.5ns 3500 right now, a 512 stick and see what it does. First I have to ghost this OS to a Back Up Drive

OPP

OPP, is the 2200+ your using the one based on the Tbread A core (ie original) or is it based on the new Tbread core (not even sure if you can get 2200+ on Tbread B??). I thought the 2200+'s were overclocking like shat for most people, which makes 2300Mhz VERY nice

Edit: Can you tell me the score you get in 3Dmark with the 2300Mhz 2200+ and GF3??

First post

Originally posted by OPPAINTER
    That stuff was some Corsair 3200 C2 Platnim. I'm going to try a stick of Geil 4.5ns 3500 right now, a 512 stick and see what it does. First I have to ghost this OS to a Back Up Drive

OPP
    Excellent.

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by OPPAINTER
    As far as the chip at the 16.5 multiplier I did nothing to it It's the new KD7 that works well with the new XP chips, the chips are unlocked from the factory.
    OPP
    Just FYI re the workarounds issue...........
    Finally have an idea why the older Abit needed the 5th L3 or AJ27 pins "workarounds to boot.
    In the Tbred Unlock Update "Deerhunter" thread "Tinkerer" just posted a link to amdmd thread on subject where "Andromeda" posted the following re his examination of the Abit Mobo that needed the workarounds. Andromeda said that the 1st 4 L1s connected to transistors on the mobo thru pullup resistors, but the 5th, last L1 connected to "nothing"...yes nothing!!!!!

Now in and of itself, that's not significant 'cause the 8X Bit Value "HI" signal still goes to the Multiplier module by virtue of the signal circuit on the CPU itself...ie...you don't need help from the bios to run default Multipliers...systems run with open L1s. BUT, BUT, BUT...

IF Abit made no "Hardware" provision to over-ride/reset the 5th 8X BV, THEN also it's quite reasonable to assume they made no "Software" provision for the 5th 8X BV....read " Can't cope with 13X or higher Multipliers which have the 8X BV set HI"...and that lack of sofware could relate to some vital process in the post/boot operation....Bingo?????
    John C.
    PS to Tinkerer...
    Andromeda said he connected a 5V pullup resistor to the AJ27 pin (8X BV, 5th L3) but that it didn't work. But that "optional" HI from mobo thru closed L1 is not needed, the CPU itself sets the 8X BV HI with its own signal circuit. What's needed is abilty to reset the 8X BV LO...AND...more important, have the
    mobo/bios/?Northbridge? recognize the 8X BV during post/boot however and when ever required. You might relay this info to Andromeda. Thanks.

Xtreme Mentor
    OPP,

How did that Geil do? I remember Chong saying his did not fair well in his AMD rig at all.
    E8600. EP45-UD3P. 500FSB 24/7. Still WinXP. Heatware

Xtreme Member
    wow! impressive...
    i might pick up a KD7 next week and see how it goes..

BTW so mem goes up2 3.25v what abour core? is that still stuck at 1.85v?
    [Team Green, Abit All The Way
    AMD AthlonXP AIUGA 0241 Tbred 1700+ @ 175 x 11, Abit KX7-333, 256Mb PC2700 Samsung @ 175MHz 2-5-3,1T,4Bank, Triplex Ti4200 @ 320/650, D-Link DFE530TX+ 10/100 NIC, Lite-On 16x DVD, Sony 8x4x32 CDRW, Enermax Full Tower w/window,Rounded IDE/FDD Cables, Eagle 350w PSU, Hercules Game Theatre XP, VideoLogic DigiTheatre LC 5.1
    3D Mark Score : 13529#5 AMD/Ti4200 Under 1850Mhz
    Visit InfinityComputer.com!
    <-------------

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast