Thread: AMD Turion 64 Clashes with Intel Centrino

Xtreme Member

AMD Turion 64 Clashes with Intel Centrino

GamePC has taken a look at AMD Turion 64 MT-34 mobile microprocessor, which is AMD response to Intel Centrino mobile technology and is intended for thin and light notebooks. The chip is AMD’s fastest offering for small notebooks, it operates at 1.80GHz, integrates 1MB of L2 cache, features SSE, SSE2, SSE3 and 3DNow!

Still, the prospect of an ultra-efficient 64-bit mobile platform is tempting, and I would have a hard choice on my hand if I had to choose between a similarly configured Turion64 or Pentium-M notebook platform. One thing is clear, the Turion64 is the most immediate threat Intel has ever seen to date to its dominance of the mobile market

Review Link

Live Long And Overclock
    Nice....though that looks like a new one actually...not the old one....interesting...

Perkam

Xtreme Enthusiast
    so much for a centino killer it won 1 benchmark and uses more power than the pentium M.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy McShades
    so much for a centino killer it won 1 benchmark and uses more power than the pentium M.
    2 actually...

Anyway remember it's not just about benchmarks. Turion and Centrino are platforms, not CPU's. Turion will be cheaper and the socket is far more advanced.
    Though I must say that those benchmarks proved once again that Pentium M rocks...

BTW I think this review was already posted here about 2 weeks ago.