Thread: Gigabyte K8NS 939 Ultra Modding

Xtreme Member

Gigabyte K8NS 939 Ultra Modding

Hey Guy´s ,

my Gigabyte isen´t stable over 270FSB. The System boots with 2800Mhz and 280FSB in Windows. When SuperPI and Prime runs i become error. The memory runs with 177FSB. I need descriptions for a Vdimm and Vdd mod. The best would be with pic´s. And what o kind of ponti? Does give it a modding Bios for the Gigabyte?

Why does my BH-6 not run with the Gigabyte? Allways when the memory runs over 180Mhz 2-2-2-5 is my system isen´t stable. Infineon 6B run perfect on my board. Then 6A must run also on my gigabyte stable?

Sorry my English is very bad i´m from germay

Xtreme Member
    With A-Data PC4500 is the gigabyte instable why? please help

Xtreme Member
    i´m interseted in the same questions...
    put your finger in the mouth, laughing crumbs keeps your youth... :banana4:

Xtreme Member
    the a-data memory doesn't runs by 233mhz with 1T. But it runs by 275mhz with 2T
    so just someting can be wrong withthe board

Xtreme Member
    @ 2T???????????? oh, man this sucks...
    put your finger in the mouth, laughing crumbs keeps your youth... :banana4:

Xtreme Member
    yeah thats right. I hope that a bios update brings me better overclocking scores

Xtreme Enthusiast
    VDIMM mod on it, just follow GB K8N/K8NS-PRO way to do. It looks the same.

And it might help some.
    990FXA-UD3 | FX8350@4.7Ghz | Asus HD7870 | 2x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2050Mhz 8-8-8-22 | AX850W |SSD Vertex3 Max IOPS 120GB | Auzentech Forte + TAPCO-S5

EK Supreme Full-Gold | XSPC RX240 + EX120 | MCP35x | 3x Koolance Blue Led @PWM | Tygon Black 1/2 | Bitspower Compression | @ FM CM690 I

Xtreme Mentor
    Some boards are just that way...as far as 1T and 2T are concerned. Could be a bios update would fix it, but not likely a simply Vdimm is going to fix a possible compatibility issue between the board and the ram.

Just because certain ram runs great in another board, you cant assume it will run the same in another board. Put it this way, with BH5 I can run a higher fsb at 1T than with my TCCD...but change to 2T and my TCCD blows away the BH5 as far as higher fsb is concerned.

I have the mods (with pics) for the K8NSXP-939...not sure if the boards are identical.

I like my women the way I like my processors...naked.
    I am not the HellFire that writes bios files. I work strictly on voltage modifications.

Team ID - Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Fire
    Some boards are just that way...as far as 1T and 2T are concerned. Could be a bios update would fix it, but not likely a simply Vdimm is going to fix a possible compatibility issue between the board and the ram.

Just because certain ram runs great in another board, you cant assume it will run the same in another board. Put it this way, with BH5 I can run a higher fsb at 1T than with my TCCD...but change to 2T and my TCCD blows away the BH5 as far as higher fsb is concerned.

I have the mods (with pics) for the K8NSXP-939...not sure if the boards are identical.
    Can you send me a pict of vdimm mods and vdd for GA-K8NSNXP-939 please ? I think K8NS Ultra-939 have same layout with this board. Thanks before .

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Lodewijk
    Can you send me a pict of vdimm mods and vdd for GA-K8NSNXP-939 please ? I think K8NS Ultra-939 have same layout with this board. Thanks before .

Whats important besides board layout is that both boards have the exact layout and the exact voltage regulators.

Before doing the Vdd mod, please take a volt reading for Vdd then change the value in the bios and recheck the Vdd again to make sure I pointed out the right place to check Vdd as I dont get to fully test A64 boards because I dont own an A64 board thus no cpu to test with. The Vdimm and Vtt mods 100% and I am 95%+ that the Vdd mod is correct.

Here are the pics for the Vdimm, Vtt, and Vdd:

Vdd Mod

Vdd Read

Vdimm

Vdimm = Vio (3.3v Rail)
    Only solder to one of the capacitor legs I pointed out.

Vtt

Vdimm & Vtt Read

I like my women the way I like my processors...naked.
    I am not the HellFire that writes bios files. I work strictly on voltage modifications.

Banned
    i hate to post in old topic but is there a Vcore mod that xan be done aswell i would love it if there was a pic to so i know for sure where to look i only want to adjust my vcore up to 1.8v if it matters

Banned
    can someone please help?

vcore read point?Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by confuzzedintel
    can someone please help?
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...threadid=20190

Can anyone post to me a pic from vdimm points? I found lot of pics, but only from the 754 K8NS!
    Last edited by SPiT; 02-01-2007 at 11:54 AM.