Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feser Triebwerk TK-121 - TK121LS Fans

Xtreme Member

Feser Triebwerk TK-121 - TK121LS Fans

I just ordered my W/C setup for my GTX480 using a **EK-CoolStream RAD-XT 240** and EK copper, acetal Block.

Saw these Feser fans and thought id give them a try.
    anyone have any experiance with them, or performance/noise ratio reveiws anyone know of???

thanx

Flash
    I7 950
    EVGA760 Classified/EK Block
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    EK 580GTX Block/ 2x EK Coolstream 240's
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

.... Use GTs
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz

Xtreme Member
    chuckles...too late, they are ordered, and yea...was gonna go the GT's route, but its been a couple years since my last couple computers were all water.
    been running air since then, till the 2x470GTX's got my attention with the amount of heat produced and the fan noise I was hearing and seeing, so thought what the hell,,,,,I'll give these fesers a shot...

I can always order GT's later
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Do yourself a favor an just return them an order GTs .... If there is no reviews or proven facts I stick with GTs .
    HEATWARE

I'd go for the GT's as well:

They push more air through radiators across the RPM spectrum at a lower noise level.

Using 20CFM as a point of comparison:

Triebwerk tk122: http://www.youtube.com/user/Martinm2...11/Fp_DWfCH0UU = ~20CFM @ 52.5db @ 9.65v - The TK122 does ok, IMO. You can find the TK121 from here as well, but I don't remember it being as good.

San Ace: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If2TPAJWQRQ = ~20CFM @ 48.5 - 49.0db @ 5v - They're great, but they do click a bit when undervolted, so I prefer:

Scythe GT AP-15: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhudtc2dTG8 ~ 20CFM @ 48.5-49.5db @ 9.3v; similar to the San Ace, but much cleaner sound signature according to my ears (and the video) and Martin's latest sound test: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=258622

Edit: I own 10 San Ace fans and several GTs (AP15 only) - I wish I could trade some of my San Ace's for more GTs. The San Ace fans are the BEST at high RPM, but I'll never use that on a computer for any sustained duration. I should just sell them... I have many that are just un-used entirely...

http://skinneelabs.com/ek-cs360.html?page=4 - here is the review of that EK-XT series radiator vs the Thermochill PA. It seems to do well enough.
    Last edited by Vampiyer; 09-13-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    GTs push more air and do so more silently. They also have ball bearing (=better then sleeve bearing in horizontal mount position) and cost less. You really should have asked first before pulling trigger on order. It's not that triebwerks are bad, just that GTs are better and cheaper.

Never go full retard
    Mount em up, I'm using the TK-122's and TK-121's on the torture rack bench in the lab.

^ gawd, thats an awful photo.

They're quiet and move air, just like a fan is supposed to... I also have GT's, which I do like as well. Six in one hand, half-dozen in the other.

Xtreme Member
    hmmmmm...ive looked everywhere, none in stock ( the gentle typhon's )

also, these are the Low speed 1200rpm Triebwerks...this is the specs.... like I said oh well, they are ordered and in shipped state** as we speak. but anyways here is the specs of these particualr fans.. ( inna perfect world specs im sure

Model Number TK121LS
    Specification
    Dimensions 120 x 120 x 55mm
    Air Flow 61.6 CFM
    Noise 21.0 dBA
    Speed 1200 RPM
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    For the 1850 gt's there considered the best fan of its class. Nobody ever has stock you take you place in the backorder lol. I would of liked to go treb's just for looks but they won't fit

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I wish they made 3000RPM GT's :P
    Project Elegant Dreams
    CPU: Intel 980x (3005F803T) @ Stock , Mobo: Rampage III Extreme, Ram: 24GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 C9 1T 1.51v GPU: SLI EK'd Vanilla GTX580, 0.875v @ idle.
    Sound:Asus Xonar Xense w/Sennheiser PC350
    SSD: 2x OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID-0 on ICH10 Storage: 2x1.5TB Hitachi 5K3000, 1.5TB WD Black, 1TB F3, various other HDD's Case: Obsidian 800D, PSU: Corsair AX1200,

Water Cooling
    Main Loop
    EK Supreme HF
    EK GTX480 blocks on EVGA 580s
    MCP355 and MCP35X in serial
    Dual BlackIce GTX480 Rads

Xtreme Enthusiast
    iv got 6 of the TK-121 sitting in there sealed boxes for more than a two months .

i may use them in my next build .

Xtreme Member
    now I certianly agree with lab testing etc with finding the true real world numbers...But, with that said, it is sometimes subjective in what we expect to find, and what actually takes place.

I think we are too often caught up in the *numbers game*.
    yes, while they are important, when you start to consider them to be the end all of all concerns, whats the ability to really percieve some of the numbers demonstrated???

if we are looking for exacts/static numbers, they are more often in a varible anyways and can rarely be duplicated to the exact same set, many circumstances are involved that influence those numbers.
    IM always willing to try to find something that more personally suits my situation, in that for this, I was looking towards the amount of airflow to DB ratio, the fan speeds those numbers were produced @ and the price ( which actually wasnt bad, but not good )

Like i said , its subjective, I have spent far too many all nighters @ loud rock clubs and bars and concerts back in the day**and even still @ 55 years old I still go party in loud clubs (yes Im talking late 60s and 70s, and to this day, my ears still ring ) so my ears arent as sensitive as others.
    certainly there may very well be a concern that the Gentle typhons are less noise and better air flow, but to what real world percentage??? once again, its subjective...
    I agree and have followed many of Skinnie's testing...he is very indepth and unbiased, and extremely thourough....one of the best at testing in my opinion....

but again...I made a choice on my purchase,based on subjective influances, but I did not come here to get *approval** for that purchase, it isnt what I was looking for...though dont get me wrong, I do appreciate any input,

I simply wanted to get opinions or reviews that I could look to, to see if they actually did hold true** to what they advertised as thier stated numbers... hell, I cant tell the differance in 20db or 25db...the slight swing is only apparent at certain speeds and certain limiting influances like the rads fin sizing spacing etc, and also all the other factors of how the air is pulled or pushed across them, and even surrounding influances like how close are other componants and the reflective** echo or bounce of the soundwaves... yes I know all these factors come into play..

I appreciate the opinions guys, and yes skinniee...Im gonna mount em up, if im not happy, i'll just order the ever ellusive Gentle Typhons....laughs

I cant be bothered with holding up a build for days / weeks?? to finally get something that will only be marginally better to a basic percentage... thanx guys..

Flash
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I do like these fans, I won't spend that much, but I'm cheap (still running $5 yates because I have two quad rads running). I think the Triebwerks are my favorite fan visually and from a features perspective.

They are exceptionally nice looking and include one of the best mounting systems I've seen (similar to the Noise Blocker S series with the antivibe rubber frame).

Since I'm a photography geek, I may as well show off some of my "Work". They are pretty cool looking. How is my DOF/presentation..

I just wish we could buy the GT's noise profile and the Treibwerk visual appeal/features at yate loon prices...

Never go full retard
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    I just wish we could buy the GT's noise profile and the Treibwerk visual appeal/features at yate loon prices...
    The holy grail of fans.

Nice snaps too!

Hey Skinnee how are them tridents in there ! Im am looking for some new memory Was debating gskills tridents or maybe mushkins
    HEATWARE

Never go full retard
    They're alright, nothing special, but definitely better than my Corsair 1600C8 kit. I snagged a Mushkin 1600 Cas7 kit that I really like though, clock quite well with no voltage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    They're alright, nothing special, but definitely better than my Corsair 1600C8 kit. I snagged a Mushkin 1600 Cas7 kit that I really like though, clock quite well with no voltage increase.
    exactly the ones i am prob thinking bout getting..

Sorry OP back to topic lol, wasnt tryn to jack yo thread!
    HEATWARE

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    I do like these fans, I won't spend that much, but I'm cheap (still running $5 yates because I have two quad rads running). I think the Triebwerks are my favorite fan visually and from a features perspective.

They are exceptionally nice looking and include one of the best mounting systems I've seen (similar to the Noise Blocker S series with the antivibe rubber frame).

Since I'm a photography geek, I may as well show off some of my "Work". They are pretty cool looking. How is my DOF/presentation..
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5598/triebwerk3.jpg
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5702/triebwerk2.jpg
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6291/triebwerk1.jpg

IDK, one time when I was at FCPU, they had one on the counter and I picked it up and looked it over while they were picking my order and the acrylic felt like the cheap brittle kind. . .actually, it felt more like ABS or polystyrene than acrylic now that I think about it. I do like the idea of the built in shroud though but, it makes it impossible to put anything that thick in most of my builds seeing they're mostly all internal SFF's. I also like the cable management enough that I whipped up my own version of their system on some 92mm GT's. As for the mounting, I get a similar effect using some anti vibe grommets from Mcmaster in the case (works for rads too). As far as I'm concerned, the fans themselves are way overpriced for what they are/do/offer and their performance on rads so, I'll stick with GT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiesowns View Post
    I wish they made 3000RPM GT's :P
    Oh, they do, Scythe just doesn't buy them. Someone was gauging interest in a group buy for the 3k versions about 2-3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Waterlogged; 09-13-2010 at 08:47 PM.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Here are last of the pictures I could find..

Although I could do so much better with my new camera..
    Last edited by Martinm210; 09-13-2010 at 10:57 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There is also another good alternative out there - Silverstone Penetrator - with Direct air flow. A good combination of new technologies and price though i never heard about their performance (flow/noise), however, that direct flow technology should greatly affect radiator cooling, imho
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I really like the clean look of the triebwerk, just amazing. Although at 56mm will be hard to fit wherever you need them.
    Intel i7 3770K (4.8Ghz@1.36v) ~ Asus Maximus V Gene ~ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 C9 (@2400 C10) ~ Asus GTX 670 DCUII (1230/7000) ~ Samsung 840 Pro 128Gb ~ WD Black 1Tb ~ Corsair AX 850W ~ X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty ~ Epoz Aktimate Mini ~ Ducky Shine Blue Led /w MX Red ~ Logitech G700 ~ Samsung S27A850D 27" (2440x1600) ~ SilverStone TJ07B-W

WaterCooled by XSPC Raystorm ~ TC PA 120.3 + 3xAP 15 ~ MCP655 with EK-D5 X-Top Rev.2 ~ EK Multi 250