Thread: Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe using Lotes socket but with Foxconn Bracket

Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe using Lotes socket but with Foxconn Bracket

Just received my newly bought Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe board from Japan. Man.... the recent uprise of Japan currency did make the board cost alot more.

So, opening up the box, I found the board using a Foxconn bracket. Thought it should be similar like previous version boards, but later found out that the CPU socket is using a Lotes brand.

This is something funny.. Does Asus sells the Lotes bracket to GIGABYTE, and GIGABYTE selling the Foxconn bracket to Asus?

I don't mind it's a socket from Foxconn or LOTES. But having a Foxconn bracket might let people assume that it's a Foxconn socket, but what if they change the socket into a cheap ones? What if there's a CPU socket burn again?

The board Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe

The socket with LOTES mark but not clearly seen. Sorry for the poor photo.

The back panel
    I don't know anything, Don't ask me!!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I just got a P7P55D-E Deluxe and it has a Lotes Bracket AND Socket.

Just FYI.
    CPU: Intel CORE 2 Duo E6550 @ 3.6GHz w/ 1.29vcore (517*7)
    Motherboard:
    Gigabyte P35-DQ6
    Memory:
    Crucial 8500's
    Video:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    PSU:
    Zippy 700W (fan modded of course)

Xtreme Member
    I got a p7p55d-e delivered today and there is no brand on the socket.

the backplate is foxconn and the cover on the socket says foxconn under the sticky label.

so all the p7p55d are not new sockets.

so either

1 - asus used lotes for the first batches of the board so people doing reviews etc. would assume they stopped using foxconn.
    or
    2 - its on the premium models only as mine isnt the premium model, although someone on newegg stated they didnt have foxconn on the same board as me.

cant say I am best pleased I should have gone with x58/i7 I guess. Is the foxconn issue serious? well seems serious enough that other brands changed.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    I got a p7p55d-e delivered today and there is no brand on the socket.

the backplate is foxconn and the cover on the socket says foxconn under the sticky label.

so all the p7p55d are not new sockets.

so either

1 - asus used lotes for the first batches of the board so people doing reviews etc. would assume they stopped using foxconn.
    or
    2 - its on the premium models only as mine isnt the premium model, although someone on newegg stated they didnt have foxconn on the same board as me.

cant say I am best pleased I should have gone with x58/i7 I guess. Is the foxconn issue serious? well seems serious enough that other brands changed.
    The revised Foxconn sockets were qualified by us and Intel. To date, no problems have been reported with either the Foxconn socket or the bracket.

Xtreme Member
    I just had a 80's flashback when I saw that motherboard.

Xtreme n00berclocker
    You guys are making a mountain out of nothing. The socket is just sold as a socket not with a lever. So it is not uncommon for the socket to be lotes and the socket lever to be from another manufacturer. I have tested close to 50-60 boards with all sorts of sockets and have only had an issue with one socket which was not a Foxconn and the machine was highly overclocked. 2+ V through the cpu/socket.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward