Thread: M4A79-Deluxe + SLI Enabled + Scaling results

Banned

M4A79-Deluxe + SLI Enabled + Scaling results

this was done using the SLI mod, currently under development by a few guys (you know who you are) full details can be found in the drivers thread on this forum.

is this a new dawn for multi GPU users? i believe also that Crossfire on Nvidia Boards shouldnt be too far off.

discuss/
    Last edited by DosDuoNo; 09-25-2009 at 12:06 PM.

Xtreme Addict

Thumbs up

Now that's what I call:
    The way it was meant to be played

Nice work,heads out to the drivers forum section....

World Community Grid's mission is to create the world's largest public computing grid to tackle projects that benefit humanity.
    Our success depends upon individuals collectively contributing their unused computer time to change the world for the better.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is pretty awesome. I have not used nvidia for a while, but I always like to keep that option open.

Xtreme Member
    hmmm..

didn't expect to see this
    Rig 1 Asus ROG Strix B550-F WiFi, R7 5800x, 64GB Vengeance LPX 4*16GB, Zotac GTX 1070Ti, X-Fi Titanium, Enermax Revolution D.F. 850w, SSDs 768GB, HDD 3TB, CM 912HAF, NH D-15 Black.cr
    Rig 2 Asus Maximus VI Hero, i7 4770K@4000, 32GB Ballistix VLP 4*8GB, Gigabyte GTX 970, eVGA G3 850, SSD 512GB, HDD 2TB, TT Element-T, NH D-14.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xman01 View Post
    hmmm..

didn't expect to see this
    neither did i, ever....period

but here we are finaly in a position to 'choose' GPU(s) regardles of board, regardless of 3dmarks scores,

ATI and Nvidia guys able to truly compare systems, using same hardware configs.
    (although you can already with intel x58, no AMD option is at hand)

to me this news is unreal, and i am still in shock, that i managed to enable this on my test system.

what about HWbot? are scores from these configs going to be allowed? im not sure i dont use it, but its just another question this mod might raise.

again i take no credit for this mod, a lot of people have been involved in this, and again i thank you all.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DosDuoNo View Post
    neither did i, ever....period

but here we are finaly in a position to 'choose' GPU(s) regardles of board, regardless of 3dmarks scores,

ATI and Nvidia guys able to truly compare systems, using same hardware configs.
    (although you can already with intel x58, no AMD option is at hand)

to me this news is unreal, and i am still in shock, that i managed to enable this on my test system.

what about HWbot? are scores from these configs going to be allowed? im not sure i dont use it, but its just another question this mod might raise.

again i take no credit for this mod, a lot of people have been involved in this, and again i thank you all.
    Don't see why it shouldn't be allowed really on HWbot...
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Nice. I'll stick to ATI though. Im a fanboy. hihi
    GA MA790GP-DS4H/PhenomIIX3@X43.75ghz/2xEAH4870TOP/2x2gb OCZ REAPER HPC 1066mhz/XSPC X2O Delta V3/Chill CP-700m/samsungF1 1 TB

@ DosDuoNo

Did you use the sli connector or just software sli???

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Is there actually a difference between the bridges as well...I have only ever used ATI in crossfire, so I really dont know..

Brotherhood
    that Funny..your chipset X58 now working on AMD processor........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartidiot89 View Post
    Don't see why it shouldn't be allowed really on HWbot...
    niether do i, im sure the guys will allow it, if everything is declared up front

Quote Originally Posted by g10 View Post
    @ DosDuoNo

Did you use the sli connector or just software sli???
    no the 8500GT's do not require it, and some guys have been running better cards (GTX260's in SLI) without bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
    Is there actually a difference between the bridges as well...I have only ever used ATI in crossfire, so I really dont know..
    there is a small differance, i think maybe 10%, but for the purposes of testing it is fine, if it works, buy a bridge from fleabay

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzan View Post
    that Funny..your chipset X58 now working on AMD processor........
    yeah it shows this in CPU-Z but it is still a 790FX/SB750 motherboard, this is essentialy how SLI works on the board, by fooling the drivers into this.

i do agree, it looks mighty funny, also being steeped in a weird sense of irony

Xtreme Addict
    I like how there is no technical limitation preventing SLI from working on an AMD motherboard. It is simply the limitation between the left and right ears of a few Nvidiots that run that company. Nvidia has been taken over by MORONS that don't realize they would make a lot more money if they opened up SLI. This is why I left the Nvidia camp.
    Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

Xtreme Mentor
    those 8500 GT cards looks as good as my crossfire 3470's in my mother computer, too bad I don't have phenom II in it yet. still has a phenom 9550 in it.

too bad you can't still get those cards, to test on an 700A board.
    Last edited by demonkevy666; 09-26-2009 at 06:29 AM.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Nice work, man
    Athlon II X4 640
    Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev 3.1
    Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C7R
    POV nVidia GTX560
    Seagate SATA II 500GB
    Thermalright True Spirit
    Life's Good L1942SE-PFU 19"
    Seasonic M12II-520Bronze

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I cant think of any rules that will be broken if you submit scores with this "hack" or whatever it is.

PS: for those who don't know: I'm a result mod
    --->TeamPURE<---

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by knopflerbruce View Post
    I cant think of any rules that will be broken if you submit scores with this "hack" or whatever it is.

PS: for those who don't know: I'm a result mod
    It is only SLI, one type multiply card, there is no problem. I think "Lucid Hydra" bring to you, Hwbot Crews, some headache

CPU : AMD X2 5200+ @ 3Ghz
    Motherboard : EPOX EP-AF590 SLI2 with Thermalright HR-05 IFX SLI
    CPU Cooler : Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with Noctua NF-P12
    Videocard : XFX 8600GT Fatal1ty Edition @ 700/1800Mhz
    DDR : Teem Xtreem PC-6400 2X1GB @ 4-4-4-8 / 500Mhz
    HDD : Sata II - 2 X Seagate 250GB ST3250410AS 16MB cach in RAID 0 ; IDE - Seagate 160GB, WD 80GB
    PSU : Chieftec 600 Watt, +12V Combined 48A - CTF-600-14CS
    CASE : Chieftec AEGIS CX-05B-B with 4 X Scythe SLIP STREAM SY1225SL12M controled by
    Scythe Kaze Master 5.25 @ 1000RPM; 3 X Noctua NF-B9 @ 1000RPM
    Monitor : HP L1740
    speacker : Logitech X-230