Thread: Raven2 Video Preview

Xtreme X.I.P.

Raven2 Video Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxf5z...e=channel_page

very nice case... very nice...
    its not aluminum but not heavy at all, it has a silk like black surface, its some plastic coating, pretty fingerprint resistant, loads of space, 8 slot design so the last vga can overlap on the bottom, all heat is exhausted on the top, and it uses 3 huge 180mm fans. they push 100cfm at 20db iirc, very very nice stuff, and they will offer upgrade fans which push 150cfm and run a bit louder for people who want more

the second case is made of aluminum and has a drive cage above one of the 180mm fans.

if you want more details just lmk, ill head over there now

Xtreme Member
    Nice looking cases.

Xtreme Member
    That aluminum case has the exact same internal layout right? May just be my next case!

Great idea on the motherboard orientation. What would've been even better is Intel adopting it and developing a new formfactor (let's call it CTX for now ) which moves the I/O backpanel to the southbridge corner of the motherboard, eliminating a lot of signal crossing. You would connect your VGAs on the top, the rest of the peripherals on the back of the case and as an added bonus be able to install a massive exhaust fan lined up directly with the CPU heatsink.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    if you want more details just lmk, ill head over there now
    How much space is there between the bottom of the case and the bottom of the mobo tray? What does the bottom of the case look like (mesh, a big whole, etc.)? What are these things on the back? MSRP on both cases? Does the Raven 2 (black one) come with a non-windowed side panel?

Thank you. I liked the vid too and good info.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by sholvaco View Post
    That aluminum case has the exact same internal layout right? May just be my next case!
    not 100%, but pretty much, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by sholvaco View Post
    Great idea on the motherboard orientation.
    yes, totally agree! you can access the io panel easily, no more moving the case around or getting on your knees below your desk to sort the cables well... i havent had a case in ages, but if id get one again id probably get this!

Quote Originally Posted by faster3200 View Post
    How much space is there between the bottom of the case and the bottom of the mobo tray?
    well the 180mm fans are a little thicker than 120mm fans, and between the fans and the vgas theres enough space to the longer single pcb 295 will fit in there easily as well. they said the idea was to replace the fans with a radiator, which will def be veeery sweet, but itll have to be a rather slim rad and itll heat up the air going through the case which isnt ideal...

What does the bottom of the case look like (mesh, a big whole, etc.)?
    its not restricting airflow if thats what you mean.

What are these things on the back?
    thats the psu! 1500W, and you see theres more than enough space for loooong psus it sucks in fresh air from outside, the back, and blows it out to the top. and theres even a dust filter, same for the 180mm fans btw.

MSRP on both cases? Does the Raven 2 (black one) come with a non-windowed side panel?
    no window iirc, most of the time that side of the case was removed so im not 100% sure. MSRP should be 150$ for both cases more or less, launching end of this month worldwide.

Thank you. I liked the vid too and good info.
    thanks
    that was the preview, the review is coming soon with some more details, just recorded it a few hours ago