Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abit AX78 + Phenom II beta Bios on Route

Banned

Abit AX78 + Phenom II beta Bios on Route

hi guys,

thought i would post this for the Abit AX78 users among us, i have been in talks with Abit bios team, and i have been assured there is a Beta Bios that will support the new Phenom II.

the bios itself is in final testing for beta release, and will be given to me for testing very soon (next couple of days i hope)

you cant believe how happy i am about this, i was gagging to try the Phenom II in that board, now i can, hell i might keep it in there if the clocks are good

of course i will keep you updated with any bios file or news

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow, I'm surprised they're still working on BIOS's. Thumbs up for abit, you will be sorely missed among enthusiasts...

Xtreme Member
    Thats fantastic news
    i can smell a 940be in my future i think if it goes well!
    keep us posted
    LCB9E 0641 APMW @3100 1.65V Decapped ~50c orthos load, TDX+House Rad (passive!)+Eheim 1250, Abit AX8, 2*1gig Crucial PC4000 @ 221 3-3-3-8-1T

X4 940BE @ 3640 @1.475, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 4x G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK @ 1110mhz 5-5-5-15 @1.8v, 3870XT

Xtreme Member
    wow I have been looking , this is great news ty soundood its very good to see u & happy new year bro
    Last edited by pcnazz; 01-12-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    Room Temp H20 | sdumper 2 Stage Cascade ( 4-Sale Mint ! ) | i7 975 ES / R2E rev12 v1504 | PH II X6 1090T BE / CH4 v905 | Dominator 2000GT CL8 6gb | Asus GTX 580 X2 SLI | Corsair HX1000 1210w | WD VR Raid 3+0 ( 450gb )

Banned
    well its here,

****** use this beta bios at your own risk, Myself or Abit cannot be held responsible for mis flashes, or dead boards due to this bios update, i have personaly flashed this and all is well, but i can only speak for myself, and not Abit******
    release notes: updated Microcode to support Phenom II cpu's (Beta)

advice and instructions on how to flash your bios, (Please do not use the Abit FlashMenu application, allways flash from floppy or USB flash drive)
    here is the bios flash guide put together by the guys on the Raptor Pit forum and ex abit forum, (Hope its ok to use this link guys)

TRP bios flashing guide

once you have flashed the bios, please clear cmos, and then boot computer and enter bios, at this point please LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS and reboot, into bios again, where you can set mem voltages and whatever else you want to set.

AX78 bios file 14 (beta) and awdflash.exe: AX78 bios file v14 (beta)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    well its here,

****** use this beta bios at your own risk, Myself or Abit cannot be held responsible for mis flashes, or dead boards due to this bios update, i have personaly flashed this and all is well, but i can only speak for myself, and not Abit******
    release notes: updated Microcode to support Phenom II cpu's (Beta)
    Have you updated yours?
    -

Banned
    Abit?......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwed View Post
    Abit?......
    yes abit, Abit AX78 to be precise, £40 it cost me, and is still going strong after a year of abuse, wish i could say the same for all the Foxconn and ASUS boards out there.

by the way you laugh at my board and you have a ASUS M3A78? hahaahahahahahaahah

Quote Originally Posted by Oliverda View Post
    Have you updated yours?
    yes i have, but i dont have the Phenom II yet to test it out on, apart from that all is well, i have got my same clocks as before (2.8 gig) and it seems stable, i also dont notice any major changes in the bios itself.

i am running on it as i type, i have also passed this too some other peeps over at th raptor pit, for testing, they shoudl get back to me soon
    Last edited by soundood; 01-13-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Hello everyone, just updated to bios 14, jut for the fun, as I do not have a Phenom cpu. Followed the instructions, meaning after flash I reset BIOS from jumper entered BIOS saved and exited, reentered and set optimised default saved and then reentered. Cheked the configuration and first thing I saw in soft menu was that my cpu frequency was incorectly displayed as being 2000Mhz and the multiplier as 11,5. My CPU is X2 4200+ F2 Windsor that has a defaul multi of 11. Load windows and check with CPU-Z my frquency is shown corectly, so it was only displayed incorectly. Other than that it works OK. I do caution anyone who wants to test this BIOS to do it at their own risk, I am only doing this "testing" because I feel covered (I have a spare bios chip already flashed with ver 13).

I do hope that I will get around to buy a 7750+ (money isue) so I can play some more.

Banned
    by the way you laugh at my board and you have a ASUS M3A78? hahaahahahahahaahah

ASUS is still in business......Abit is not. I don't have to hope and pray for support.
    BTW, what's wrong with my board?.......I don't do SLI/Crossfire so it suit my needs. Only thing my board lacks is SB750, but there is no single slot PCI Express/SB750 board on the market right now. Also, my board has SB700 unlike the SB600 found on the Abit AX78.
    http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...09&modelmenu=1
    Last edited by Throwed; 01-13-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Xtreme Member
    from the bios file itself, what appear to be the name strings for memory configuration displayed at boot;
    DDR2 1066 DDR2 800 DDR2 667 DDR2 533 DDR2 400 Dual Channel, 128-bit Single Channel, 64-bit Ganged Mode, 128-bit Unganged Mode, 1 x 64-bit Unganged Mode, 2 x 64-bit ,1T ,2T
    italic are what i see with a x2 6400. bold is interesting i think given the complaints people had with setting ganged/unganged modes in one of the ooold threads - this was posibly fixed in bios .13 but seems likely the setting exists in some form or another since we can display all varieties of it!
    also, the date inside appears to be 26/12/2008! busy at abit over the holidays it seems O.o
    anyone able to confirm the presence of ganged/unganged options on a phenom / phenom 2 using .13 or .14?
    Last edited by Cheffy; 01-13-2009 at 05:19 PM.
    LCB9E 0641 APMW @3100 1.65V Decapped ~50c orthos load, TDX+House Rad (passive!)+Eheim 1250, Abit AX8, 2*1gig Crucial PC4000 @ 221 3-3-3-8-1T

X4 940BE @ 3640 @1.475, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 4x G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK @ 1110mhz 5-5-5-15 @1.8v, 3870XT

Banned
    very interesting cheffy,

i am off to work for a few days now out of town, (im on the train now) but we have had the ganged/unganged settings since bios v13 ehh?

what are you saying, now we have a seperate unganged/ganged settings for 64 bit as well?

how cool would that be , i will have a proper look over it when i get back, i was just in a hurry to share this with you guys.

all we need now is a Phenom II, AX78 user lol

Xtreme Enthusiast
    here is the bios flash guide put together by the guys on the Raptor Pit forum and ex abit forum, (Hope its ok to use this link guys)
    fine by me & I'm sure Lvcoyote too - it's what it's there for .
    abit IP35 Pro, E6600, HD3870, FSP FX700-GLN
    abit AB9 QuadGT, E6400, 7900GTO, FSP FX600-GLN
    abit AX78 x2
    Asus P5N-E SLI, E6600, 8800GTS, Tagan 530W

Thanks for this Bios soundood, and the news that Abit might still be updating Bioses , i'm also wanting to try out the Phenom II chip , I thought i would have to get a new mobo , but now this looks promising , i'll keep this thread bookmarked , Cheers again

Xtreme Member

Angry

ASUS is still in business......Abit is not. I don't have to hope and pray for support.
    BTW, what's wrong with my board?.......I don't do SLI/Crossfire so it suit my needs. Only thing my board lacks is SB750, but there is no single slot PCI Express/SB750 board on the market right now. Also, my board has SB700 unlike the SB600 found on the Abit AX78.
    what are u some kind idiot , dont come on this thread bashing my MB , take ur Asus MB & go over with them pal , we dont need ur retarded foolish remarks , take a hike
    Room Temp H20 | sdumper 2 Stage Cascade ( 4-Sale Mint ! ) | i7 975 ES / R2E rev12 v1504 | PH II X6 1090T BE / CH4 v905 | Dominator 2000GT CL8 6gb | Asus GTX 580 X2 SLI | Corsair HX1000 1210w | WD VR Raid 3+0 ( 450gb )

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by pcnazz View Post
    what are u some kind idiot , dont come on this thread bashing my MB , take ur Asus MB & go over with them pal , we dont need ur retarded foolish remarks , take a hike
    Actually he was bashing the contiuned following of a now defunct manufacturer, not so much the board itself. Also, calling someone an "idiot" while using "u"s and "ur"s in a giant run on sentence doesn't reflect well on you, FYI.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    Actually he was bashing the contiuned following of a now defunct manufacturer, not so much the board itself. Also, calling someone an "idiot" while using "u"s and "ur"s in a giant run on sentence doesn't reflect well on you, FYI.
    hey pcnazz, how are you matey, do me a big favour and dont reply to these two trolls, all they do is troll posts to post negitive remarks about anything really.

and mr ive lost my mojoZ is still a little tender over the roasting i gave him, about being a forum bully.

so please ignore his 'im so inteligent' dufunck at ur post, you are way better at pretty much everything mobo wise compared to this clown

Xtreme Member
    understood soundood ty , you get the respect that you give out here guys & and be carefull any big name co. can go out of business even yours pal

Xtreme Addict
    The only way to be a bully on this forum is to cry to the mods constantly and I've never reported anyone. I didn't say anything to pcnazz that wasn't common knowledge: Abit is now defucnt and people who post in the manner of children are often treated like children. If you want to dispute either of those two things then have a ball, I don't care what you do.

Hey Guys , before i was directed to this thread I had already emailed Abit , and i got a reply today , here it is ...

Code:
    Dear Sir, 

I have received a new beta bios for the AX78 motherboard wich should be supporting the new Phenom II cpu's Please update to this bios before start using the new phenom II cpu. 

Danke.  /  Thank You /  Bedankt.

please reply with former messages included,
    Bitte Antworten sie mit vollem Inhalt vorheriger Nachrichten,
    Met vriendelijke groet,
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    Best Regards,
    Jos Mommersteeg 
    Technical Support Europe. 

Jan van Riebeeckweg 15, 5928 LG, Venlo, The Netherlands
    Tel. +31 (0) 77 320 44 28 / Fax. +31 (0) 77 320 44 20
    http://www.abit.nl/

and here's the bios he sent me ,

http://rapidshare.com/files/183819497/AX78bios14.rar

now it's properly the exact same bios already posted here , but here it is just in case ....

Banned
    nice one Jonny_doe

it is the same one i got a few days back, but thank you for sharing it here, it could have been updated slightly,

please update this thread if you get any more info on the subject of a full release

hey Mojoz, did you say something? you still here?

Xtreme Addict
    Abit?......
    Asus the walmart of the motherboard industry, did kyle tell you they were awesome?
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

New bios won't work for me. Won't flash due to "file size does not match". This is for both sources in this thread (thanks guys, even though it doesn't work for me).
    At least it didn't FUBAR my bios. Anyone have any ideas ? I used awdflash.exe/py/sn/cd/cp/cc/cks/R as per the abit flash guide and then tried to save m706a_14.bin , fails on checksum -filesize does not match. Also tried without the strings after "awdflash", same result.
    Hope someone can help. I really really want my missing NB-FID setting(it's not anywhere, I've looked -multiple re-flashes to v13, nothing) for my 7750. I have a feeling the 7750 is not fully supported, even though the chip is correctly identified on the post screen.

Banned
    that sounds really bizzare darth, have you replaced the bios chip itself before this?

and when you used the switches did you enter spaces between them? like this

awdflash.exe /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /cks /R

i just flashed mine again, to try and sort the CPU Multi issue im having (it didnt fix it)

its no big deal, i set it too 14 in bios and it shows as 14.5 in windows, just set it too 13.5 for 2800 mhz.

all going well my Phenom II should arrive today, then we will see how effective the bios is, and i can do a full report for the Abit bios team.

are you using the awdflash that came with the file?

and how are you flashing it? if its a floppy, it might be corupted

Nope, no spaces between switches. I'll try that. I'm flashing with usb and the files match according to WinMerge. It's probably the spaces thing, sounds like something I'd forget.
    Also, do you or your connections at abit bios team know if the board detects the 7750 as a phenom based chip, or a plain-jane x2 ? It seem like I'm missing a "phenom only" setting or two. Kuma is a phenom with 2 disabled cores. Should be detected as a phenom.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast