Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZeniTH Murder Mod

Xtreme Member

ZeniTH Murder Mod

I was about to start my winter project... and some thread caught my attention... It was the new Mountain Mod tower series... I think they met all my needs for clean and spacefull case...

Enough talking !!!!!!!!!!!!

Case
    Silverstone TJ-07

Hardware
    Asus Rampage Formula
    Intel core 2 Quad Q9550
    Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 4GB 1066Mhz
    LG Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Multi DVD-RW GGC-H20L
    WD Velociraptor 300GB 10,000 rpm HDD ( OS and Apps )
    WD Caviar SE16 640GB 7,200 rpm HDD ( Downloads-Etc.. )
    Diamond Ati Radeon HD 4870x2
    Corsair HX-1000 W PSU

Watercooling Stuff
    D-Tek Fuzion V2 CPU block
    EK Asus S-Max NB block
    EK Asus 4 SB block
    EK-FC 4870 X2 Nickel GPU block
    2 EK Asus 3a Mosfet block
    2 EK Asus 3a backplate
    1 Swiftech MCP-355
    2 XSPC DDC top's
    1 EK 150 v2 Reservoir
    1 XSPC RX 360 rad
    1 TFC 240 rad
    18" DD TFC UV White 3/8 - 5/8 tubing
    Bitspower 1/2 "fatboys" barbs
    6 Scythe S-flex "F"

Ok....

I got couple of questionss and suggestions are welcome:

1- Actualy I have a MCP-355 W/ XSPC res-top, do you think that that will be enough to handle all the blocks + the 2 360mm radiators...

2- Im debating myself between watercooling the mosfet because of the xtra cost, xtra tubing and the hassle of having to diferent loops in order to have a clean look....

Those are my questions for now... next week Im going to order the Pinnacle and other stuff... Im just waiting till my other case "MM H2GO" and PA's found a new home... It's on ebay so lets see what happen...
    Last edited by j.almonte; 01-31-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Xtreme Member
    This is something I recieved from Petras this week !!!

Still on the "Classic FedEx slips"

W/ some photoshop

Banned
    I have a cpu, mosfet, nb, sb, gpu [core only], 2 rads on a 355 with xspc res top. That's pushing it. I plan to add another 355.

I think you do need 2 loops for that if you want to get the best temps. If I split my loop, I imagine my cpu temps could drop by a few degrees.

Oh yeah, mosfets and sb are pointless. My sb was cool to touch with the stock alu heat sink.

Xtreme Member
    Right now I have Enzotech copper sinks cooling my mosfet and I watercool my SB with a EK asus 4 block...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looking forward to more pics!

Banned
    Did you seriously spend $150 on 6 San Aces? The better question: is it worth it?

Banned
    And you point is . . . . I can't possibly post decent points if there is nothing to respond to. If you are saying that because I said it is pointless, well it is. However if you look at what I said in the first line, I wc them. I may do it again in the future.

Let's face it, wc is fairly pointless when a TRUE coupled with a thick fan offers great cooling albeit at a much greater noise level. However since you have 40dBa fans like myself, you may ask yourself why you are doing this? Oh yeah a couple of C here and there, bling and for the heck of it. RRR took pointless to the extreme with his cpu loop and I mention this to just poke at the notion of pointless. WC will always be fairly pointless. However these pointless things are fun

Banned
    Inherently, watercooling microprocessors isn't a bad idea as complexity increases, but when you factor in the nature of humans to inject frivolity into a thing (thus, making it a hobby or fetish of sorts), then it just becomes another marketable fad.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    And you point is . . . . I can't possibly post decent points if there is nothing to respond to. If you are saying that because I said it is pointless, well it is. However if you look at what I said in the first line, I wc them. I may do it again in the future.

Let's face it, wc is fairly pointless when a TRUE coupled with a thick fan offers great cooling albeit at a much greater noise level. However since you have 40dBa fans like myself, you may ask yourself why you are doing this? Oh yeah a couple of C here and there, bling and for the heck of it. RRR took pointless to the extreme with his cpu loop and I mention this to just poke at the notion of pointless. WC will always be fairly pointless. However these pointless things are fun
    My point is... that while I was replying to your comment my laptop was about to shutdown due to the battery not been charged.... so I had to post what I was writting and shut it down...

Now back in business... I know that is pointless WC Mosfet - SB but I will probably do it anyway... But thanks anyway for the advice regarding the "pump" related dilemma.

Im gonna wait till I recieve the case and look which way Im gonna take.

"However these pointless things are fun "
    Last edited by j.almonte; 11-16-2008 at 10:47 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omastar View Post
    Did you seriously spend $150 on 6 San Aces? The better question: is it worth it?

Yes I did...

Why !!!!! because I can, and they are very well constructed probably they will outlast every other component in my rig.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by j.almonte View Post
    Yes I did...

Why !!!!! because I can, and they are very well constructed probably they will outlast every other component in my rig.
    I know they're probably the best fans money can buy for rad usage, but my question was more to you, not in general. Did you feel like $25 a fan is kind of high, or would you pay it again? I wonder because I'd like to pick up 3 of them, but I dunno if I can justify it.

Banned
    My point is... that while I was replying to your comment my laptop was about to shutdown due to the battery not been charged.... so I had to post what I was writting and shut it down...
    Oh now it makes sense

Banned
    hmm somewhat lost in translation you guys...

Yes I did...
    very good answer. as it is the best fan for radiator usage quiet and efficient (undervolted of course)...
    which you paid for wholeheartedly with your own hard earned money i hope... hehehe...

I know they're probably the best fans money can buy for rad usage, but my question was more to you, not in general. Did you feel like $25 a fan is kind of high, or would you pay it again? I wonder because I'd like to pick up 3 of them, but I dunno if I can justify it.
    just think of em as good investment... which could probably outlast a yate or 2... as long as it'll fit your case...
    of course there are probably more expensive fans out there which are more noisier and stronger, but i assume we all would prefer quiet and efficient and not too much overkill...

Xtreme Member
    Well to tell you the truth... No I wont pay that price for them again, I can justify them, probably if I found a good deal in the future I will jump over for a couple more, but just if is a good one...

As "septim" said I bought them as an investment...

Life's Replay
    This will be interesting to follow, the Pinnacle 24 turns me on.
    Self-proclaimed and convincing.

Intel i5 760 | Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 480 | Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus II GPU Cooler | Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 | Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 5 TB+ of storage | Corsair Obsidian 550d | Corsair HX850

13" Macbook Pro

Nikon D90 | Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR | Nikon 35mm f/1.8G | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 Macro HSM | Nikon SB-900 | Braun 5000

Twitter | Life's Replay

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by inCore View Post
    This will be interesting to follow, the Pinnacle 24 turns me on.
    Same here lol. My chick friend thinks i'm such a nerd getting all excited over comp things lol. Yes we're just "Friends" lolol Who needs a live in?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2low4u View Post
    Same here lol. My chick friend thinks i'm such a nerd getting all excited over comp things lol. Yes we're just "Friends" lolol Who needs a live in?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    man, i can't wait to see one of these cases in action! keep us posted.

Xtreme Member
    [QUOTE=sniperbob;3435862]man, i can't wait to see one of these cases in action! keep us posted.[/QUOte

Sure I'll this is my second worklog here in XS and very optimistic....
    Thanks...

Xtreme Member
    Following this one!

Xtreme Addict
    Niced to see these Pinnacle Towers popping up now. My bet is we'll be seeing alot more of them.

As far as justifying computer purchases? That is an excercise in futility. I wouldn't even try to justify what I have already spent on my build, and I don't even have all the stuff to get it running yet. Most people think I've completely lost my mind. Some tell me on my flight sim forums that it's actually getting scary.

I could NOT look somebody in the face and seriously try to justify these kinds of builds. You have to really enjoy this stuff to build projects like we see in this forum.

Most people would say something like "You're gonna put water near your computer? Seriously? Isn't that dangerous?" We are the "mad scientist" types of the computer world to most people.

XS News
    When you decide you want the SA shoot me a pm. I've got a few of them laying around.
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Flight View Post
    Niced to see these Pinnacle Towers popping up now. My bet is we'll be seeing alot more of them.

As far as justifying computer purchases? That is an excercise in futility. I wouldn't even try to justify what I have already spent on my build, and I don't even have all the stuff to get it running yet. Most people think I've completely lost my mind. Some tell me on my flight sim forums that it's actually getting scary.

I could NOT look somebody in the face and seriously try to justify these kinds of builds. You have to really enjoy this stuff to build projects like we see in this forum.

Most people would say something like "You're gonna put water near your computer? Seriously? Isn't that dangerous?" We are the "mad scientist" types of the computer world to most people.

+1.... to that...

some times I just lost track of the time while working on my builds...

I have to agree with you...

Somebody once told me " RADIATORS WITH WATER....... INSIDE A COMPUTER"!!!!!!!!

Life's Replay
    +1.... to that...

some times I just lost track of the time while working on my builds...

I have to agree with you...

Somebody once told me " RADIATORS WITH WATER....... INSIDE A COMPUTER"!!!!!!!!
    This is when I respectfully inform them of their ignorance by pointing out the occasions where people have run motherboards with a liter of distilled water on them without trouble.
    Self-proclaimed and convincing.

Intel i5 760 | Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 480 | Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus II GPU Cooler | Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 | Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 5 TB+ of storage | Corsair Obsidian 550d | Corsair HX850

13" Macbook Pro

Nikon D90 | Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR | Nikon 35mm f/1.8G | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 Macro HSM | Nikon SB-900 | Braun 5000

Twitter | Life's Replay

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inCore View Post
    This is when I respectfully inform them of their ignorance by pointing out the occasions where people have run motherboards with a liter of distilled water on them without trouble.
    Yep, just show them some oil cooled comps. Pure ownage
    Not into xtreme builds anymore, just like to keep things silent.
    Asus P6T Deluxe V2 - Intel i7 920 3.6 GHz - 6 Gb 1800 MHz DDR3 - AMD HD5850

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast