Page 1 of 65 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus M3A79-T Deluxe

Xtreme Legend

Asus M3A79-T Deluxe

I played AMD M/B after a few years interval.
    It seems to be very stable and good M/B.
    It is a pity that this CPU is unsuitable for LN2.
    BIOS was simple and easily-handled.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    hmm, smells like another wr in spi 1m will be down
    Schedule of Live Extreme Overclocking - info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    "My Backup is bigger than Your Backup"

Xtreme Member
    I think one was able to use LN2 on a phenom but it was only -20C
    In progress......

Xtreme Member
    Really nice!
    Give us some more infO!
    This is really my next mobo....
    Cpu:Phenom ΙΙ 965 c3 @ 4.1Ghz/2.8nb (air cooled)
    Mobo: Asus M3a79-T Deluxe
    Ram:A-data 2x2 800+ @ 1000
    Gpu:Asus Hd4850 512mb @ 700/1050(sycthe Musashi)
    Hdd:500gb Seagate 7200.11
    Psu:Corsair Hx620
    Cooling: TRue(dual fan)
    Case: Coolermaster Haf 932...

Quote Originally Posted by leoy View Post
    Really nice!
    Give us some more infO!
    This is really my next mobo....
    yes we know
    24/724/7

Xtreme Addict
    Nice clocks but why did you open a new thread? Somebody has already done it few days ago: http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/...d.php?t=199872

Xtreme Addict
    OOOOOOOOO's and Ahhhhh's .. I knew some would get 3.6ghz soon with a new Mobo...

Props
    "AMD...Like the perfect Storm,...Everything needs to be just right"
    X555x4SuperCore@4450mhz@1.64v..........

RYZEN 7 1800x/ ASUS ROG STRIX VEGA64/ =EK NICKEL WB, Feser THC 2x360 1x480
    X470 Gigabyte Aorus7, Patriot 3400mhz 16gb dual2x8
    SSD Samsung 970pro,,860EVO

Xtreme Guru
    what is ram speed, duck? & btw nice clocks and insane volts!!
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

Xtreme Addict
    Ln2? Guessing liquid nitrogen but making sure
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Yes, on an OC board, LN2 will always mean "liquid nitrogen".
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Mentor
    is it easier to overclock the bus speed with this board?

wondering if i should swap out my M3A32 for this board. for higher clocks

anybody what to buy a m3a32-mvp deluxe.wifi board? haha
    FX-8350(1249PGT) @ 4.7ghz 1.452v, Swiftech H220x
    Asus Crosshair Formula 5 Am3+ bios v1703
    G.skill Trident X (2x4gb) ~1200mhz @ 10-12-12-31-46-2T @ 1.66v
    MSI 7950 TwinFrozr *1100/1500* Cat.14.9
    OCZ ZX 850w psu
    Lian-Li Lancool K62
    Samsung 830 128g
    2 x 1TB Samsung SpinpointF3, 2T Samsung
    Win7 Home 64bit
    My Rig

Have you noticed if ACC makes a difference?

For many it seems to. For me (on the non-deluxe version) I didn't see any real difference. There was a thread a while back about it and people were reporting increases of 100-300 MHz.
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Mentor
    Just curious Particle, did you try the new "0306" bios on the M3A78-T, and did it help with OC'ing your 9850?

I sold mine... I know it was a knee-jerk reaction but a friend wanted the board and I was a little PO'd that they rushed it to market with a poor Bios (0204) that didn't seem to support ACC...
    AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

First Computer: Commodore Vic 20 (circa 1981).

Xtreme Member
    Anyone read the review of this mobo on the Trusted Reviews site: http://www.trustedreviews.com/mother...79-T-Deluxe/p1

What a poor review, it really doesn't do the mobo justice, its clear that the reviewer has no idea what they are doing IMO, or at least hasn't bothered to spend the time to work out any issues.

Makes no mention of the system components used to review the mobo, like HDD (SATA/IDE/AHCI/RAID etc). Their attempt at OC'ng was nothing more than amateurish, they said they couldn't get AOD to OC using the multiplier, though they were using the provided AOD v.2.1.2 not the latest v.2.1.3 and then they failed to even try to OC via the multi in the BIOS, and the reviewer infers that the BIOS only allows OC'ng via the HTT ref clock, making no mention of being able to OC via the multi, and they didn't even manage to enable ACC, they mnake no mention of what BIOS version they are using or any available BIOS settings.

Honestly how do these people ever get reviews published on a site with a name like Trusted Reviews, there is much more trustworthy information avialable here in the forums. This is the second review of a mobo done on that site by 2 different reviewers and both have been equally as poor, the 1st being the M3A78-T now this one for the M3A79-T

All the info they provided can easily be gotten from reading the product description on the box, the review is a total waste of space IMO....
    Phenom II 940BE (CACVC AC 0850BPMW) @ 3.8Ghz (1.475v) on Custom h2O
    ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe - BIOS v0703 - HT @ 1.8Ghz / NB @ 2.2Ghz / PCIE @ 100Mhz
    2 x 2GB G.SKill PC2-8500 RAM @ 5-5-5-15 2T (Unganged) | 2 x GeCube HD4850's CF @ 700/1150
    2 x 160GB Samsung Spinpoints (RAID-0) | 1 x 320GB Seagate 7200.10 (JBOD)
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750W PSU | Samsung 206BW 20" LCD Screen
    Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2 / Win7 Ultimate Beta 64-bit

========================================
    3DMark Vantage Score = P13403 - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=791574
    3DMark06 Score = 20027 - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=9996881

My External LCS Mod - http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k2...t=1f046259.flv

Yes, I tried the 0304 BIOS with my 9850. I think ACC was actually working in that release as it behaved differently, but I didn't find a good combo of settings before giving up. I was unable to reap any benefits. It's not a bad board other than that though. I put it in my HTPC.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Quote Originally Posted by kazgirl View Post
    Makes no mention of the system components used to review the mobo, like HDD (SATA/IDE/AHCI/RAID etc). Their attempt at OC'ng was nothing more than amateurish, they said they couldn't get AOD to OC using the multiplier, though they were using the provided AOD v.2.1.2 not the latest v.2.1.3 and then they failed to even try to OC via the multi in the BIOS, and the reviewer infers that the BIOS only allows OC'ng via the HTT ref clock, making no mention of being able to OC via the multi, and they didn't even manage to enable ACC, they mnake no mention of what BIOS version they are using or any available BIOS settings.
    I didn't have any problems with OC from BIOS. Everything works fine. There is opportunity to change multi and ACC from BIOS level.

Anyway - here you can download BIOS ver 0401
    http://rapidshare.com/files/144755385/0401.rar.html
    Last edited by Milans; 09-12-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milans View Post
    I didn't have any problems with OC from BIOS. Everything works fine. There is opportunity to change multi and ACC from BIOS level.

Anyway - here you can download BIOS ver 0401
    http://rapidshare.com/files/144755385/0401.rar.html
    This is a M3A79-T Deluxe Beta BIOS??????
    --------------------------------------------------
    AMD Phenom II 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV
    HD6970
    LSI Megaraid 9260-4i 4xMomentus XT
    OCZ Vertex 3@SB850
    8 gig Patriot Viper 7-7-7-24 T1
    Swiftech Watercooling
    Filco Majestouch 2
    Zowie EC1

Yes. I've got it from ASUS worker.

Xtreme Member
    Thank You Milans
    AMD Phenom II 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV
    HD6970
    LSI Megaraid 9260-4i 4xMomentus XT
    OCZ Vertex 3@SB850
    8 gig Patriot Viper 7-7-7-24 T1
    Swiftech Watercooling
    Filco Majestouch 2
    Zowie EC1

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by @@@@ View Post
    I think one was able to use LN2 on a phenom but it was only -20C
    Mine went down to -35°C and had no issues booting. It's really a cpu/mobo combination
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I keep seeing screenshots of the M3A79 and its brown like this one or its jet black. Seeing the difference in user reviews, online shops and ASUS's website. Weird.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom128 View Post
    I keep seeing screenshots of the M3A79 and its brown like this one or its jet black. Seeing the difference in user reviews, online shops and ASUS's website. Weird.
    Yes I'ver noticed the same thing as well....

I'm hoping to get a black one myself when they do finally become available, the PCB color is actually quite improtant to me, its one of the reasons (well other than the stupid price) that I havn't gone for the Foxconn mobo I really don't like the red pcb used by Foxconn....

I know its a but silly, but its one of the things I like about the ASUS boards, the black PCB's used for the high end mobos, like the M3A32-MVP and the M2N32-SLI Deluxe...

Most of the brown PCB's I had seen until recenetly were for the M3A78-T mobos, and I thought that the black PCB had been kept back for the M3A79-T, but I've seen a few M3A79-T mobos now with brown PCB....

I just hope I'll get a black one I guess...!!!
    Phenom II 940BE (CACVC AC 0850BPMW) @ 3.8Ghz (1.475v) on Custom h2O
    ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe - BIOS v0703 - HT @ 1.8Ghz / NB @ 2.2Ghz / PCIE @ 100Mhz
    2 x 2GB G.SKill PC2-8500 RAM @ 5-5-5-15 2T (Unganged) | 2 x GeCube HD4850's CF @ 700/1150
    2 x 160GB Samsung Spinpoints (RAID-0) | 1 x 320GB Seagate 7200.10 (JBOD)
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750W PSU | Samsung 206BW 20" LCD Screen
    Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2 / Win7 Ultimate Beta 64-bit

3DMark Vantage Score = P13403 - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=791574
    3DMark06 Score = 20027 - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=9996881

My External LCS Mod - http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k2...t=1f046259.flv

Xtreme Enthusiast TheBlueChanell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kazgirl View Post
    Yes I'ver noticed the same thing as well....

I'm hoping to get a black one myself when they do finally become available, the PCB color is actually quite improtant to me, its one of the reasons (well other than the stupid price) that I havn't gone for the Foxconn mobo I really don't like the red pcb used by Foxconn....

I know its a but silly, but its one of the things I like about the ASUS boards, the black PCB's used for the high end mobos, like the M3A32-MVP and the M2N32-SLI Deluxe...

Most of the brown PCB's I had seen until recenetly were for the M3A78-T mobos, and I thought that the black PCB had been kept back for the M3A79-T, but I've seen a few M3A79-T mobos now with brown PCB....

I just hope I'll get a black one I guess...!!!
    I was in the same dilema. I really don't like the brown and I'm picky about the color of my components in my system. I canceled my order on newegg cause I'm waiting to see if the PCB is Brown or Black, and for the 125w 9950's. I'd also like to see what DFI has to offer but I really hope that it has a black PCB. My P5Q-Deluxe had a blackish PCB but when light shined on it it did look brownish but
    not as brown as my P5E-VM HDMI.
    Last edited by TheBlueChanell; 09-14-2008 at 11:23 AM.
    Main: 900D - Prime 1000T - Asus Crosshair VI Extreme - R7 1700X @ 4.0ghz - RX Vega 64? - 32GB DDR4 3466 - 1TB 960 Pro -
    --- XSPC AX360 x3 - HK IV Pro - HK RX480 - HK 200 D5 - BP Compression ---
    HTPC: 250D - Prime 850T - Gigabyte G1 ITX - i7 6700K @ 4.5ghz - GTX 1080 Ti - 16GB 3200 - 1TB 960 Pro -
    --- ST30 x UT60 - Kyros HF - KryoGraphics 1080 - HK100 DDC - Monsoon Compression ---
    HV01: Define XL R2 - Prime 1200P - Asus Zenith Extreme - TR 1950X - RX580CF - 128GB DDR4 ECC - 512GB 960P - 4x 2TB RE
    HV02: Node 804 - Prime 850T - SuperMicro X1SSH - E3-1230 v6 - Vega FE - 64GB ECC - 512GB 960 Pro - 4x 6TB Gold -

Xtreme Member
    You guys are not alone... brown PCB is hideous and I hate it with a passion. I have no idea why even Asus bothers to make them look like crap when people buy cases with side windows. I ordered mine from the Egg today and should get it tomorrow with overnight shipping... I'm really hoping it's not brown. I'll let you guys know.

Come on Asus... no more brown please!
    Last edited by QettoE; 09-16-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    nF4 SLI-DR Expert - Opteron 170 CCBWE 0610DMPW @2.8 - 2x1G Redline XP4000 3-3-3-6-1T - VisionTek 4870 - 2x73GB 15k SAS - Zalman CNPS9500LED
    Asus M3A79-T - Phenom X4 9950 BE @ 3.0 - 2x2G Mushkin Ascend DDR2 5-4-4-12-1T - Sapphire 4870 X2 - 2x146GB 15k SAS - Xigmatek S1283

Page 1 of 65 12341151 ... LastLast