Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD 790GX lineup

Xtreme Mentor

Exclamation AMD 790GX lineup

With the AMD790GX launch just around the corner, maybe is good to know who of mobo makers will be ready and with what kind of ammo...

With the courtesy of Fudzilla, Xfastest, Expreview and VR-Zone, here are all know 790GX mainbards in one place:

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...7878&Itemid=61

You all remember how Sapphire cloned DFI's 790X mobo! This time around Albatron has done same thing with the 790GX! They didn't even bother to change color of PCB, or the color of slots:

http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/Comp...ds/5837-4.html

From the "big four" club here's missing Gigabyte:

http://www.xfastest.com/viewthread.php?tid=10480

Finally we must not forget Unika (This will be Jetway branded, and possible Sapphire, to)

http://en.expreview.com/2008/04/15/7...y-pics-leaked/

Layout and PWM vise Unikas mobo does look most impressive... but due inability to get that mobo in this part of the world, I'll be aiming on DFI, or J&W (hopefully we'll have picture of it soon )
    Last edited by Nedjo; 07-17-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    awesome, i like the dfi
    cpu- Intel I7 3930K
    Asus P9x79 Deluxe
    2x HD7970
    32gb ddr3-1600
    corsair ax1200
    Corsair 800D
    Corsair H100 lapped
    2x 128gb M4 raid 0

Xtreme Addict
    I like any board that keeps an open PCIeX1 slot available AFTER you install a dual slot GPU. I have a 4870 and plan on getting at least one PCIeX1 card I know of this year. I also wonder if the PCIe lanes to the onboard GPU can be disabled to allow for two full x16 PCIe2.0 slots for an x16/x16 Crossfire setup. I want to avoid x16/x8 or x8/x8 configurations because it actually impacts some games greatly.

Xtreme Addict
    i'm waiting for the jetway or if they put out a biostar but i'm not holding my breath on them they never put out a 790 series board in the first place....

Xtreme Addict
    Nice! I'm eagerly waiting for the DFI LANParty UT 790FXB-M2RS.

Xtremely Kool
    Whats going on with only having X8 PCI-E slots

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Final8ty View Post
    Whats going on with only having X8 PCI-E slots
    ...because the 790GX is (just) an overclocked 780G. If you want 2x16 buy 790FX(+SB750).

Need Micro ATX, these boards look good though.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by BakerT View Post
    Need Micro ATX, these boards look good though.

http://www.pcghx.com/screenshots/ori...6/DSC_7923.jpg

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverda View Post
    Nice! I'm eagerly waiting for the DFI LANParty UT 790FXB-M2RS.
    the 790FS boards from DFI didn't clock any better than the MSI or Asus boards (i think the clocked worse in fact) for now i'm sticking with Biostar, jetway and MSI seems to be making a comeback in the oc'ing arena remember the K&N2 delta god that was a beast

Live Long And Overclock
    Do these support 45nm.

Perkam

I imagine they would. Even 790FX and 780G boards do.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Addict
    even the original AM2 boards will "support" 45nm its a question of the mobo manufactures updating the BIOS on them

Isn't that what he asked?
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Isn't that what he asked?
    yea i wasn't contadicting you

Xtreme Member
    I want these boards to be released so bad! it's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the 9950 just yet I'm really hoping for 3.5~3.8ghz!

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasGT View Post
    I want these boards to be released so bad! it's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the 9950 just yet I'm really hoping for 3.5~3.8ghz!
    Bud....

The X4 is a really underated chip, it's actually quite capable even at 2.8!!

We're all hoping for a better OC with the SB750, but you may have your hopes too high if your expecting 3.5~3.8Ghz!!

That being said, unless your all into E-Penis benchmark points, Phenom will serve you quite well, and they are a whole lot more fun, from an overclockers standpoint (massive things to tweak!). We're all looking for that last little bit!

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it will be awhile before we see common 3.5Ghz X4's
    AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

First Computer: Commodore Vic 20 (circa 1981).

Xtreme Addict

Nice one !
    Should be under ~150 in the "Infinity" range/level

Note the "780g" markings at the bottom,
    Definitely enough power connectors,
    Some of the "fan connectors" near the PCIe slots only look like fan connectors

Is there 2 "floppy" type connectors there? like the M2R , can't see.

Dave is bang on, I turn mine all the way down to 1000 when idling still can't see the difference
    it's "wide"-?

edit*
    side by side
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dfi_lanpartydk_790gx-m2rs.jpg 
Views:	2526 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	82207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7923.jpg 
Views:	2538 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	82208  
    Last edited by SocketMan; 07-19-2008 at 04:57 AM.

World Community Grid's mission is to create the world's largest public computing grid to tackle projects that benefit humanity.
    Our success depends upon individuals collectively contributing their unused computer time to change the world for the better.

Soo any news when are these babes going to be released.... ?
    I'm waiting for ages and i don't want to go intel..... please if someone got some info post it

Edit: OMFG my first post :o

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveburt714 View Post
    Bud....

The X4 is a really underated chip, it's actually quite capable even at 2.8!!

We're all hoping for a better OC with the SB750, but you may have your hopes too high if your expecting 3.5~3.8Ghz!!

That being said, unless your all into E-Penis benchmark points, Phenom will serve you quite well, and they are a whole lot more fun, from an overclockers standpoint (massive things to tweak!). We're all looking for that last little bit!

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it will be awhile before we see common 3.5Ghz X4's

I'm not to big in the benchmark dept. Been with AMD since I built my first rig and am going to stick w/ em. I've been debating lately on the 9850 or the 9950, I know the TDP is higher on the 9950 and will probably be easier to hit 3.0+

I'm really curious to hear how much of A difference the 6 pins connected to the Southbridge is going to make, i've heard from 200~400mhz ontop of an OC, i'm very eager to find out
    AMD Phenom 1055T @ 4.0Ghz
    Asus Crosshair IV 890FX
    Custom Water Loop
    Mushkin Redlines 1600
    XFX 5870 900c/1300m
    Intel X-25M 80GB SATA
    Western Digital 400GB SATA
    Corsair 1000HX

There we go! The perfect Micro ATX board.
    That for the link Cooper.

Its think its about time I go AMD again...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by KiLLBiLLBG View Post
    Soo any news when are these babes going to be released.... ?
    I'm waiting for ages and i don't want to go intel..... please if someone got some info post it

Edit: OMFG my first post :o
    with in the next 10-15 days...
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Here is a newer pic of the biostar from ocworkbench,
    Asus Crosshair III
    Phenom X2 550@X4
    Cooler Master V10
    2x2gb G-SKILL DDR3
    ASUS HD 4890 Top
    Antec 850w
    WD 500gb
    WD 80gb

No plans for a four-slotter (PCIe)?

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast