Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Core 2 X7800 - Extreme Edition for notebooks

Xtreme Addict

Core 2 X7800 - Extreme Edition for notebooks

The CPU runs at 2.6GHz and can be easily clocked to 3GHz only by changing the multiplier.TDP is 44w , a slight increase over the regular 35w.

Enjoy : http://www.matbe.com/articles/lire/3...otre-portable/

Xtreme Recruit
    Very very nice. Question - if the multiplier is unlocked, whats the danger of boosting it up to whatever you feel like? Just heat? Let me know, I'm an OC noob and I am trying to learn

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Now we're talking extreme. I'd love to put that under a tube

Quote Originally Posted by Phlash View Post
    Very very nice. Question - if the multiplier is unlocked, whats the danger of boosting it up to whatever you feel like? Just heat? Let me know, I'm an OC noob and I am trying to learn
    More MHz = more heat (if the remaining variables are the same).

//Andreas

Xtreme Legend
    i've known about these for a while now........there should be a 2.8GHz version out soon too

the big problem is HEAT

i manage a laptop business branch in sydney and after testing a whole lot of different laptops with C2D T7200 and T7400 CPUs i can tell you right now those things will be pushing the temps to the limits >>> toshibas and sonys i primed in the store hover around 80-84C loaded in ~23-25C ambients

imagine these.........and imagine them OCd as well LOL
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    are you sure wether this will be the official tdp? I hoped it would stay at 35w..
    Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    the idiots out number us 10,000:1

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    i've known about these for a while now........there should be a 2.8GHz version out soon too

the big problem is HEAT

i manage a laptop business branch in sydney and after testing a whole lot of different laptops with C2D T7200 and T7400 CPUs i can tell you right now those things will be pushing the temps to the limits >>> toshibas and sonys i primed in the store hover around 80-84C loaded in ~23-25C ambients

imagine these.........and imagine them OCd as well LOL
    Guess there is a huge difference in laptop quality. My lenovo T series is under 50C loaded with orthox.
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the dell m1710 with T7600G can oc to 3ghz and remain under 80 degrees, so i dont see heat as a problem unless you oc too much
    we going shh around the corner

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't have other computer besides my notebook and I would love something like this in my machine.

BTW, I had an Acer with T7200 and Ati X1600, and the air coming out of it vas very very hot. Now I have a Toshiba with the same CPU but GF7600. Runs MUCH cooler.

Xtreme Member
    a lot of the notebooks temp just has to do with design. a well/poorly placed exhaust/intake vents make a world of difference.

Macbooks can still on soft surfaces, while my HP and Toshiba can not
    Core i7 940:Asus Rampage II:HIS ATI 5870:6GB (3 x 2GB):2 x 1.5TB:2 x 750GB: assorted 200-500GB drives:CoolerMaster HAF932:Thermalright IFX-14

MacBookPro:2.33 Ghz Core2Duo:2GB DDR2:250GB 7200RPM

Mac Mini 1.5 core solo with a 2.33Ghz Merom, 2GB's of Muskin ram and a 250GB WD HDD

Home Theater:
    Marantz SR7002:KEF iQ9's, iQ5, and iQ8's:No Sub

2-Channel:
    KEF XQ-20 Khaya Mahogany:McIntosh Labs MA-6100:Monster M Series Bi-wire 2-4

Yeah the Dell laptops have vents on the sides and the top, so it doesn't matter what its sitting on. The vents won't be blocked. Quietest laptop I've ever used, the fans rarely kick on to full blast and usually only when playing a hog of a game like Titan Quest.

It has the T7200 and an X1400 256mb.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Enthusiast
    "TDP is 44w , a slight increase over the regular 35w."
    so a ~25% increase is just a "slight" increase?

Xtreme Addict
    Will we be seeing external heatpipe coolers for laptops? What i mean is heatpipes that come out of the main chassis of the laptop, could disguise them as stands or wedges that lift the back end up a little higher. Seems a 2.6Ghz core 2 would need it.

i5 750 @ 3.2 Ghz, stock volts on stock cooling
    4GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 7-7-7-21
    Gigabyte P55-DS2
    EVGA GTX260 192shader

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think two vent ports on the back side would do the job just fine, just to separate the VGA and CPU cooling.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Mobile GPUs can already use more power than these 44W TDP. And we also have laptops using desktop CPUs with 65W TDP.

Hardly anything revolutionary needed.

Xtreme Addict
    I really hate things like these. can't understand why ppl want so much pure power in a notebook. that's not what they are made for imho... the Core2 Duo 1,83GHz in my MacBook is overpowered as well, I barely need that much power (it only helps when I run XP in Parallels, but that's not very often)

but nvm, I don't understand ppl who "need" dedicated graphic in their laptops either...

12 inch, under 1kg, SSD-drive, no optical drive, runtime of 7hr. that's what I need why do they have to be so expensive *sigh*
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    I really hate things like these. can't understand why ppl want so much pure power in a notebook. that's not what they are made for imho... the Core2 Duo 1,83GHz in my MacBook is overpowered as well, I barely need that much power (it only helps when I run XP in Parallels, but that's not very often)

but nvm, I don't understand ppl who "need" dedicated graphic in their laptops either...

12 inch, under 1kg, SSD-drive, no optical drive, runtime of 7hr. that's what I need why do they have to be so expensive *sigh*
    Some buy them as a moveable desktop for lan parties etc.

Xtreme Addict
    my last lan-party was about two or three years ago. but even as I visited them more often I didn't want a Laptop. I prefer Desktop because they are easier to upgrade and stuff.

but I do understand your point, there definitely will be ppl who buy them. the same guys who buy Laptops with SLI.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Cruncher
    my laptop has a full desktop AMD Athlon64 Clawhammer 3000+ on socket 754, and has a TDP of 65 watts, temps are around mid 50c under load

|Rig: AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ Windsor|6gb DDR2 800|Dual 250gb Western Digital RAID0|8600GT|

(12:16:17 AM) OC3D NoL: NOL EAT ANNOYING NOOBIE
    (12:16:19 AM) OC3D NoL: RAWRRRR

Xtreme Member
    my brother's macbook is really hot, and so is my mother's lenovo v100.
    the macbook is a 2.13ghz c2d and lenovo is a 1.6ghz c2d. i blame it on the lack of thermal paste or poor cooling design.
    AMD 64 3700+ San Diego
    Geil Ultra 1GB PC3200 RAM
    250+640GB
    Sapphire X850XT PE
    SINGLEC0RE4EVER

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Macbook's have been proven to have too much thermal paste on the main heatsink and they actually insulate the die from the heatsink. This processor just makes it easier for desktop-replacement laptops to cram more power into a smaller chassis, that is what this is marketed for, not real laptops or notebooks.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
    are you sure wether this will be the official tdp? I hoped it would stay at 35w..
    Intel will launch in august IIRC a normal 35w T7800.

Also X7900 is on its way , yep 2.8GHz standard.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Sz View Post
    "TDP is 44w , a slight increase over the regular 35w."
    so a ~25% increase is just a "slight" increase?
    Well yes , since in real life the difference vs. a T7300 2GHz is smaller.Did you bother to check the link ?

Xtreme Member
    Is anyone going to do Socket P MoDT?
    i7-960@4.2GHz/Rampage III Gene/3GB KHX14400/HD5670

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post

you dont understand a lot of things. just because you dont understand them doesnt mean other people dont need them.

and btw there wont be a 12inch laptop under 1kg for a pretty long time. and even when that comes it will be very expensive.
    we going shh around the corner

Xtreme Addict
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/05/a...y-with-a-bang/ May not be your cup of tea, but I want one of these for the fall.

i5 750 @ 3.2 Ghz, stock volts on stock cooling
    4GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 7-7-7-21
    Gigabyte P55-DS2
    EVGA GTX260 192shader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast