Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EK & AC Waterblock Goodness (Dial-up warning!) - asking for loop advice now

Xtreme Member

Talking EK & AC Waterblock Goodness (Dial-up warning!) - asking for loop advice now

Just had to post these pics of my upcoming build. EK silverplated Asus P5B Deluxe mosfet, NB, SB blocks and an AC Cuplex Di. 8/10mm compression fittings. Thanks to AquaPCs for getting this to me so fast.

I will let the pictures (taken with my crappy point and shoot Pentax) speak for themselves.

Last edited by Cyprio; 06-23-2007 at 12:14 PM.
    -------
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale
    4 Gb OCZ Flex
    8800 GT
    Abit IP35 Pro
    530w Tagan
    -------

Apple Core Duo Project Log @ Bit-tech.net

Banned
    pretty is the word, better if the AC DI became g1/4 thread

Xtreme Member
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by septim View Post
    They now make em in G1/4, so it quite possibly is.

Xtreme Member
    Yup - G1/4 thread.

EDIT: Just read your Cathar quote Septim... lol. I am going for "well performing looks" with this build, otherwise i would have scrapped the motherboard blocks and gone for a Fusion.
    Last edited by Cyprio; 06-23-2007 at 02:39 AM.
    -------
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale
    4 Gb OCZ Flex
    8800 GT
    Abit IP35 Pro
    530w Tagan
    -------

Xtreme Member
    Please post what temps you get with the Cuplex DI block...
    "Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it." - Sir Henry Royce

Xtreme Addict
    The full silver EK chipset block set with acrylic tops is so sexy. I'm going to try that for an Asus build sometime down the future.
    MM Extended U2-UFO CYO (Duality front, Standard back, Horizontal Mobo brace) Anodized Black || eVGA X58 || Intel i7 920 || 6 GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800|| eVGA 295GTX || Asus Xonar Essence STX || VisionTek 650 TV Tuner || 1 300GB WD Velociraptor || 1TB WD's Black Ed. || LG 22X DVD-Writer || Lite-On 20x DVD-Writer || Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU

CPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Swiftech GTZ -> Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

GPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> (Koolance VID-NX295 FC block) ->Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

Chipset Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Alphacool Silentstar Dual HD waterblock enclosure -> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 MOSFET-> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 NB -> Thermochill PA120.2 (Pull: 2 Scythe S-Flex G)

2 x Dell 2408FPW LCD || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 || Logitech G9 Mouse || Logitech G15 LCD Keyboard || Logitech Quickcam Ultravision || Sennheiser Headphones

Banned
    AFAIK, nobody has a comparative between current blocks, so i have reserved judgment regarding that shiny AC block (orig and DI)

of course minor requirement since its g1/4 capable would be to include 7/16 and 1/2 ID tubing and hopefully nice pumps ddc and d5...

Xtreme Member
    nice looking blocks.
    DFI LT X38 qx6850 @ 3.6g TJ-07BW
    PA120.3/mcp655/GTX/mcw30+Tline+GSkill 4g
    AHFDx2, 1T Samsung F1x2, Evga 8800gtx, W0132RU
    Dell e1705 t7400 2g 200gHD 7900gs
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=45541

Xtreme Member
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Do you have any special plans to tube it? Board I'm waiting on blocks for is exactly the same layout (A8N32). I'm going for all AC blocks, and slightly slimmer tubing, but I'm going to face the same problems. I have my solution in mind - fingers crossed it works, but I'm interested to see how yours looks with tubing in.

Quote Originally Posted by septim View Post
    Already done and no AL for the block either

What does the rest of the loop consist of? I really like those EK blocks and might have to place an order (and cross my fingers they get through customs).

Too bad you couldn't get some 8mm id plug n cool's as I think the cost of the compression will be like going to 6.5mm with plug n cool's. Can't blame you as I like to use compression fittings so I know it won't leak.
    Last edited by RickCain; 06-23-2007 at 06:55 AM.

Xtreme Member
    looks nice dude, bet that set you back a fair bit.

i opted for the 2x mcw30 from swiftech

once the tubing has arrived etc then i shall post some pics.

hurry up over-clock
    Main PC || Sugo-Evolution || Intel C2D 4300 @2.8ghz || Gigabyte DS2R || Sapphire X1950XTX || 2GB Cellshock DDR2 || 500W Silverstone sc || 20" 2007WFP || Creative X-fi || 250Gb Seagate .10 || Optiarc || Sharkoon air cooling

Sound || Sennheiser HD 595 || Marantz PM4001 || eltax monitor3 ||

Xtreme Member
    Please post what temps you get with the Cuplex DI block...
    D_o_S, I will post temps as soon as i have them - unfortunately this will be at least a month down the line i reckon as i am modding a case to fit all this kit in. See my sig for the build. The G5 case i am modding is almost done but will still needs some cuts doing (for side panel, rad exhausts etc), painting and more internal work done to finish.

...of course minor requirement since its g1/4 capable would be to include 7/16 and 1/2 ID tubing and hopefully nice pumps ddc and d5
    Do you have any special plans to tube it? Board I'm waiting on blocks for is exactly the same layout (A8N32). I'm going for all AC blocks, and slightly slimmer tubing, but I'm going to face the same problems. I have my solution in mind - fingers crossed it works, but I'm interested to see how yours looks with tubing in.
    What does the rest of the loop consist of? I really like those EK blocks and might have to place an order (and cross my fingers they get through customs).

Too bad you couldn't get some 8mm id plug n cool's as I think the cost of the compression will be like going to 6.5mm with plug n cool's. Can't blame you as I like to use compression fittings so I know it won't leak.
    Septimi, Halk & RickCain. I am unsure what loop to do for this build. Maybe you guys can help me out.

Originally i was planning to use 7/16" for the main loop (CPU, GPU, Pumps, Rad) and have a 1/4" 'side-shoot' so to speak using Swiftech "f-fittings" for the motherboad blocks. I have bought Koolance 1/2" compression fittings precisely for this job along with some R-3603 clear Tygon.

The rest of the loop is a Thermochill PA120.2, Swiftech MCR120, Swiftech MCW60 and dual DDC Ultras with a 'Watercool' dual top (you can just about see this in the pic below). I dont want to have dual loops as i want the redundancy of 2 pumps in the same loop.

Its quite hard to squeeze all this into a small G5 but the pic below illustrates the best layout i came up with:

The original plan was (Option 1):

Pump -> PA120.2 -> AC Cuplex Di -> GPU block ->T-line (1/2" tubing)
    .........|.................................................^...........................
    .........V.................................................|..........................
    .........Mosfets ->North Bridge ->SouthB -> (1/4"tubing)

2 things have changed my mind since - For one Cathar's post about tubing size not making that much difference to temps and second, i like the idea of using the R3400 (Black) 1/4" tubing for the whole loop (along with UV blue Pentosin) so that the only the blocks will glow blue. Call me vain if you wish! What i might do is stick to the original plan and just get some R3400 7/16 or 1/2 tubing to complete the black tubing look.

The only problem then is that i cant use the Koolance compresion fittings with the MCW-60 as the inlet/outlet are too close together. So now im thinking about having:

Option 2:

Pumps ----> PA120.2 ----> AC Cuplex Di ------> T-line (1/2" tubing)---> Pumps
    .........|.................................................^...........................
    .........V.................................................|..........................
    .........Mosfets ->North Bridge ->SouthB ->GPU block (1/4"tubing)

That looks less cluttered to me.

Option 3

Just use 1/4" tubing in the whole loop.

ps pie_uk, yeah i have spent quite a bit on this as its the last mod i plan to do for a while. Well, i say that now...!
    Last edited by Cyprio; 06-23-2007 at 12:09 PM.
    -------
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale
    4 Gb OCZ Flex
    8800 GT
    Abit IP35 Pro
    530w Tagan
    -------

Xtreme Member
    What do you think? Options 1, 2 or 3?

Is there any advantage having 1/2" tubing going into the Cuplex Di rather than 1/4 due its restrictive nature?

Also would it matter if i connected the pump straight to the Cuplex rather than going through the rad first? I would add the Rad after the T-Line. This would help a lot in trying to route the tubing!
    -------
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale
    4 Gb OCZ Flex
    8800 GT
    Abit IP35 Pro
    530w Tagan
    -------

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprio View Post
    What do you think? Options 1, 2 or 3?

Is there any advantage having 1/2" tubing going into the Cuplex Di rather than 1/4 due its restrictive nature?

Also would it matter if i connected the pump straight to the Cuplex rather than going through the rad first? I would add the Rad after the T-Line. This would help a lot in trying to route the tubing!
    Option 2. You'll have the what really needs the performance on your 1/2" line while the miscellaneous and non critical blocks on your 1/4" line.
    MM Extended U2-UFO CYO (Duality front, Standard back, Horizontal Mobo brace) Anodized Black || eVGA X58 || Intel i7 920 || 6 GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800|| eVGA 295GTX || Asus Xonar Essence STX || VisionTek 650 TV Tuner || 1 300GB WD Velociraptor || 1TB WD's Black Ed. || LG 22X DVD-Writer || Lite-On 20x DVD-Writer || Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU

CPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Swiftech GTZ -> Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

GPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> (Koolance VID-NX295 FC block) ->Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

Chipset Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Alphacool Silentstar Dual HD waterblock enclosure -> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 MOSFET-> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 NB -> Thermochill PA120.2 (Pull: 2 Scythe S-Flex G)

2 x Dell 2408FPW LCD || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 || Logitech G9 Mouse || Logitech G15 LCD Keyboard || Logitech Quickcam Ultravision || Sennheiser Headphones

Xtreme Member
    I was favouring this option as well. It brings up another question though - does it matter if i have the T-line in the 1/4" loop?

This is purely an aesthetics/cost driven question as i already have a 8/10mm T-connector, but would have to buy another T for the 7/16" loop as well as more compression fittings to keep with the rest...
    -------
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale
    4 Gb OCZ Flex
    8800 GT
    Abit IP35 Pro
    530w Tagan
    -------

Xtreme Addict
    I was favouring this option as well. It brings up another question though - does it matter if i have the T-line in the 1/4" loop?

This is purely an aesthetics/cost driven question as i already have a 8/10mm T-connector, but would have to buy another T for the 7/16" loop as well as more compression fittings to keep with the rest...
    I'd put the T-line in the main loop since the pump's going to be drawing from the main loop.

Option two like ranker and Cyprio said But damn your Setup looks very cute.

I'd go all 10mm with two pumps (maybe one)....

Remember there is less than 1c difference from 1/4" to 1/2" as long as you maintane a good balance and I don't think that was the point of your build. Your build will look un-even with different tubing, IMHO.

Just my $.02

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the replies guys. Please keep your opinions coming.

Does anyone have comments on:

Thanks.
    -------
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale
    4 Gb OCZ Flex
    8800 GT
    Abit IP35 Pro
    530w Tagan
    -------

Xtreme Addict

Thanks.
    There's very little difference in temps based upon where the components are within your loop. Minimizing the amount of tubing used probably results in better performance rather than a preset tubing configuration.

The Cuplex appears to have a design very similar to the Storm. The Storm performed better with more flow/less restriction/stronger pump/etc. I'd say, don't waste your money, and go with the 1/2" tubing to see what the block is really capable of. You don't wanna finish the build and wonder "well, I wonder if I could have squeezed out more performance for the large amount of money I had spent". You could always go smaller at a later time if you feel the desire to.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You could use this primoflex stuff and just do it all sequentially in one loop.
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=20722

Take a look at what Snyxxx did with a similar setup, his flow rate barely went down at all (probably limited by his Storm anyway).
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=146855
    Last edited by shiznit93; 06-23-2007 at 03:45 PM.
    Core i5 750 3.8ghz, TRUE 120 w/Panaflo M1A 7v
    ASRock P55 Deluxe
    XFX 5870
    2x2GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3-1600
    Samsung 2233RZ - Pioneer PDP-5020FD - Hyundai L90D+
    Raptor WD1500ADFD - WD Caviar Green 1.5TB
    X-FI XtremeMusic w/ LN4962
    Seasonic S12-500
    Antec P182

Banned
    Unless you have to have the last few tenths of cool then I would suggest you go with 8-10 mm push-fits as they give better flow. However, since you already got all those compression fittings just use those. According to Cathar's tubing size thread I don't see like it would make much difference whatever you use with the pump you are using.

Banned
    well if you do have those extra tubings, i'd say experiment...
    option 2 would be nice...

Thanks.

Re-read Cathar's post about tubing size and cooling. People need to worry less about the size of the tubing but ensure they have good balance. Judging by your pump you have a good start and should be able to exploit the use of smaller tubing with all those blocks. I personally would use 6mm id for one big ass loop but that is me That could be done pretty easy with 8mm id press to fits and would luck ultra clean, which is part of the reason you are doing this mod, right?

Banned
    true it would be easier with smaller tubing, but we'd also like to see the full potential of the DI block by using bigger id tubing.

maybe cyprio could test this out? am sure with time and patience we'll eventually see some nice temps noh? hehe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast