Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2193

Thread: !UPDATE! abit AW9D-Max (retail) arrived

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by death metal
    Heya hipro5, did your birdie mentioned about vFSB? I have been dying to get it this settings on the BIOS. I posted previously here: http://xtremesystems.org/forums/show...postcount=1595

I have no problems running Conroe XE with 440+ FSB on this board, but Kentsfield stability is tough beyond 325FSB (350FSB max at Bad Axe 1, 390FSB max at Bad Axe 2).

I know this board isn't designed for Kentsfield OCing (it will OC, but not as high as Conroe) but I am still hoping they can do the fix. If not, like I already said, waiting for the next bios is unbearable (and very few who knows if and when they are going to release it) and I might as well wait for a newer board.
    I don't believe that its Vfsb can be controled within bios or proggie......It's circuit is plain and simple so don't expect that....
    Last edited by hipro5; 12-10-2006 at 11:20 PM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Quote Originally Posted by hipro5
    I don't believe that its Vfsb can be controled within bios or proggie......It's circuit is plain and simple so don't expect that....
    That´s so poor for a mobo at such a value.

I´ve done ur vfsb mod too. To get 5 minutes orthos stable at 400 it needs to get 1,5V vfsb. What do you think it´s safe for 24/7?
    Just want to run at 400 24/7.

Greetz!
    Last edited by Nitemare; 12-10-2006 at 11:48 PM.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitemare
    That´s so poor for a mobo at such a value.

I´ve done ur vfsb mod too. To get 5 minutes orthos stable at 400 it needs to get 1,5V vfsb. What do you think it´s safe for 24/7?
    Just want to run at 400 24/7.

Greetz!

As for me, mobo worths every penny as is......

I've worked with Bad Axe, P5W-DH, P5B-Deluxe, P5W-64, Most of the Gigabytes and NONE of them can't touch it when it's moded.....
    P.S. ALL of the mobos moded too.....

ONLY thing I wish is that the 975 chipset could work SLI........

1.45VFSB - 1.5VFSB it's OK for ever on air......
    Try to work it with ONLY ONE DDR Module to see if it raise it's fsb.....If yes, then try other timmings/subtimmings for your rams......
    Last edited by hipro5; 12-10-2006 at 11:53 PM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

I've worked with Bad Axe, P5W-DH, P5B-Deluxe, P5W-64, Most of the Gigabytes and NONE of them can't touch it when it's moded.....

Try to work it with ONLY ONE DDR Module to see if it raise it's fsb.....If yes, then try other timmings/subtimmings for your rams......

...I“m on water all the way. What ya think is safe for that?

Before I“ve done vfsb I“ve tried what you say but didnt raise just 1 MHz. Tried any timings / subtimings.

My last hope is just finally getting that strap will help raisin“fsb. Dont know what to if it won“t help. Buying 6600 instead of 6300 or buying p5bd.

Don“t think my 6300 is causing me that trouble. It reaches 3200 at stock vcore on p5bd.

Greetz!

Xtreme Member
    My board actually clocks better with lower vFSB, well maybe not "better" but its more stable @ 1.35V then 1.45V for example

Laptop: | HP Pavilion 1165 | Dothan 1.7ghz | 1gb Samsung PC2700 | 60GB HDD | 14" wide |
    HTPC: | SS LC16M | A64 3000+ | Asus K8N-E Deluxe | 2x512mb Corsair | Radeon 9800SE | Samsung 400GB + 2x250GB + 200USB | Tagan EC 430W |
    Bench:| X6800 | AW9D-MAX/P5N-E SLI | 2GB TEAM 6400 cl4 | 7900GTO SLI@EK WB| Raptor 74GB+32GB | Tagan EC 580W | Samsung SM 204B |

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeke
    My board actually clocks better with lower vFSB, well maybe not "better" but its more stable @ 1.35V then 1.45V for example
    The VFSB is clearly CPU depented....Either your CPU can "listen" to it or not.....There are CPU's that could be better with 1.75VFSB (subzero)....The one I have got now, performs better at 1.5VFSB max (subzero) weither my previus one, was better with 1.75VFSB......
    This has nothing to do with the board.......
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Fused
    Hipro..... any result on the new 1333strap? issue or improvement?

Xtreme Member
    Hi guys

i have a few days with this mb and 6600 after a long period with AMD and i must say i'm impressed.
    I replaced stock cooling with aftermarket to the n/b,mosfets and s/b.I can do 450 bus with 2V but i have a lot of memory errors even if i try scruing with memset.I'm sitting at 420x9 for now quite stable.
    One question...........can someone show me where exactly PWM1 is?......cause when i give 1.57V and over to cpu, uGuru reports temps over 82 even 85 when the other 3 PWMs are at about 65-70.

Thanks a lot.
    i7 920 3922A436 W/C HEATKILLER | DFI LP UT X58-T3EH8 W/C Swiftech MCW30 | Corsair 6GB DDR3-1600 Ram Kit (3 x 2GB, PC2 12800, 7-7-7-20, TR3X6G1600C7) | Sapphire HD4870 X2 W/C (EK) | PC P&C 750 Quad Cf |1 x Intel Postville 80GB SSD | 2 x Raptor 36Gb Raid0 | 2 x Seagate 500Gb Raid0 | 2TB Western MYBOOK STUDIO EDITION II Raid0 | PHILIPS 42PFL8404H | WIN 7 Ultimate x64 | CoolerMaster CM Stacker | ThermoChill PA120.3, Swiftech MCP 355 with XSPC v3 top

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsos
    Hi guys

i have a few days with this mb and 6600 after a long period with AMD and i must say i'm impressed.
    I replaced stock cooling with aftermarket to the n/b,mosfets and s/b.I can do 450 bus with 2V but i have a lot of memory errors even if i try scruing with memset.I'm sitting at 420x9 for now quite stable.
    One question...........can someone show me where exactly PWM1 is?......cause when i give 1.57V and over to cpu, uGuru reports temps over 82 even 85 when the other 3 PWMs are at about 65-70.

Thanks a lot.

copy/paste from other place

PWM control is powerful technique for driving analog circuits with digital outputs.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pulse width modulation (PWM) is a powerful technique for controlling analog circuits with a processor's digital outputs. PWM is employed in a wide variety of applications, ranging from measurement and communications to power control and conversion.

Analog circuits
    An analog signal has a continuously varying value, with infinite resolution in both time and magnitude. A nine-volt battery is an example of an analog device, in that its output voltage is not precisely 9V, changes over time, and can take any real-numbered value. Similarly, the amount of current drawn from a battery is not limited to a finite set of possible values. Analog signals are distinguishable from digital signals because the latter always take values only from a finite set of predetermined possibilities, such as the set {0V, 5V}.

Analog voltages and currents can be used to control things directly, like the volume of a car radio. In a simple analog radio, a knob is connected to a variable resistor. As you turn the knob, the resistance goes up or down. As that happens, the current flowing through the resistor increases or decreases. This changes the amount of current driving the speakers, thus increasing or decreasing the volume. An analog circuit is one, like the radio, whose output is linearly proportional to its input.

As intuitive and simple as analog control may seem, it is not always economically attractive or otherwise practical. For one thing, analog circuits tend to drift over time and can, therefore, be very difficult to tune. Precision analog circuits, which solve that problem, can be very large, heavy (just think of older home stereo equipment), and expensive. Analog circuits can also get very hot; the power dissipated is proportional to the voltage across the active elements multiplied by the current through them. Analog circuitry can also be sensitive to noise. Because of its infinite resolution, any perturbation or noise on an analog signal necessarily changes the current value.

Digital control
    By controlling analog circuits digitally, system costs and power consumption can be drastically reduced. What's more, many microcontrollers and DSPs already include on-chip PWM controllers, making implementation easy.

In a nutshell, PWM is a way of digitally encoding analog signal levels. Through the use of high-resolution counters, the duty cycle of a square wave is modulated to encode a specific analog signal level. The PWM signal is still digital because, at any given instant of time, the full DC supply is either fully on or fully off. The voltage or current source is supplied to the analog load by means of a repeating series of on and off pulses. The on-time is the time during which the DC supply is applied to the load, and the off-time is the period during which that supply is switched off. Given a sufficient bandwidth, any analog value can be encoded with PWM.

Figure 1 shows three different PWM signals. Figure 1a shows a PWM output at a 10% duty cycle. That is, the signal is on for 10% of the period and off the other 90%. Figures 1b and 1c show PWM outputs at 50% and 90% duty cycles, respectively. These three PWM outputs encode three different analog signal values, at 10%, 50%, and 90% of the full strength. If, for example, the supply is 9V and the duty cycle is 10%, a 0.9V analog signal results.

Figure 1. PWM signals of varying duty cycles

Figure 2 shows a simple circuit that could be driven using PWM. In the figure, a 9 V battery powers an incandescent lightbulb. If we closed the switch connecting the battery and lamp for 50 ms, the bulb would receive 9 V during that interval. If we then opened the switch for the next 50 ms, the bulb would receive 0 V. If we repeat this cycle 10 times a second, the bulb will be lit as though it were connected to a 4.5 V battery (50% of 9 V). We say that the duty cycle is 50% and the modulating frequency is 10 Hz.

Figure 2. A simple PWM circuit

Most loads, inductive and capacitative alike, require a much higher modulating frequency than 10 Hz. Imagine that our lamp was switched on for five seconds, then off for five seconds, then on again. The duty cycle would still be 50%, but the bulb would appear brightly lit for the first five seconds and off for the next. In order for the bulb to see a voltage of 4.5 volts, the cycle period must be short relative to the load's response time to a change in the switch state. To achieve the desired effect of a dimmer (but always lit) lamp, it is necessary to increase the modulating frequency. The same is true in other applications of PWM. Common modulating frequencies range from 1 kHz to 200 kHz.

Hardware controllers
    Many microcontrollers include on-chip PWM units. For example, Microchip's PIC16C67 includes two, each of which has a selectable on-time and period. The duty cycle is the ratio of the on-time to the period; the modulating frequency is the inverse of the period. To start PWM operation, the data sheet suggests the software should:

Set the period in the on-chip timer/counter that provides the modulating square wave
    Set the on-time in the PWM control register
    Set the direction of the PWM output, which is one of the general-purpose I/O pins
    Start the timer
    Enable the PWM controller
    Although specific PWM controllers do vary in their programmatic details, the basic idea is generally the same.

Communication and control
    One of the advantages of PWM is that the signal remains digital all the way from the processor to the controlled system; no digital-to-analog conversion is necessary. By keeping the signal digital, noise effects are minimized. Noise can only affect a digital signal if it is strong enough to change a logic-1 to a logic-0, or vice versa.

Increased noise immunity is yet another benefit of choosing PWM over analog control, and is the principal reason PWM is sometimes used for communication. Switching from an analog signal to PWM can increase the length of a communications channel dramatically. At the receiving end, a suitable RC (resistor-capacitor) or LC (inductor-capacitor) network can remove the modulating high frequency square wave and return the signal to analog form.

PWM finds application in a variety of systems. As a concrete example, consider a PWM-controlled brake. To put it simply, a brake is a device that clamps down hard on something. In many brakes, the amount of clamping pressure (or stopping power) is controlled with an analog input signal. The more voltage or current that's applied to the brake, the more pressure the brake will exert.

The output of a PWM controller could be connected to a switch between the supply and the brake. To produce more stopping power, the software need only increase the duty cycle of the PWM output. If a specific amount of braking pressure is desired, measurements would need to be taken to determine the mathematical relationship between duty cycle and pressure. (And the resulting formulae or lookup tables would be tweaked for operating temperature, surface wear, and so on.)

To set the pressure on the brake to, say, 100 psi, the software would do a reverse lookup to determine the duty cycle that should produce that amount of force. It would then set the PWM duty cycle to the new value and the brake would respond accordingly. If a sensor is available in the system, the duty cycle can be tweaked, under closed-loop control, until the desired pressure is precisely achieved.

PWM is economical, space saving, and noise immune. And it's now in your bag of tricks. So use it.
    Building comps is an expensive hobby. Is not my hoby anymore..

Xtreme Addict

Personally, I find 435 fsb stable (~445ish 1m) rather crappy...

I really need ~445 stable and ~475 1m

does just the vmch droop mod and vfsb really help that much?

Quote Originally Posted by tictac
    Hipro..... any result on the new 1333strap? issue or improvement?
    same question, hipro. we need some input please.
    E6600 2.4 @ 3.4 Ghz «•» Scythe Infinity w. Silverstone FM121 «•» Abit AW9D-MAX
    2x1GB Cellshock DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 1:1 «•» Sapphire X1900XT 256MB
    Enermax Liberty 500w «•» Thermaltake Armor Jr. w. 3 Scythe 120 Led Fans

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by fhpchris
    Personally, I find 435 fsb stable (~445ish 1m) rather crappy...

I really need ~445 stable and ~475 1m

does just the vmch droop mod and vfsb really help that much?
    Phill gained about 30 - 35MHz more with the VFSB and the "cable mod" as for the VMCH.....

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual
    same question, hipro. we need some input please.
    From a glance I had, I realy didn't gain much out of it......Maybe coz of the devider used lower than CPU's fsb.....
    To be sure though, I'll re-check tomorrow that I'll have more time to play with......
    The CPU I now have, is capable of doing 552MHz fsb on an P5B-Deluxe mobo, so I'm sure that it won't ba a CPU fsb limitation....
    Last edited by hipro5; 12-12-2006 at 12:41 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Member
    Can someone answer a quick question: Which temp monitoring should I be using, CoreTemp94 or ABIT Guru, ABIT Guru reads the temps higher (5C) then Core temp??? THANKS
    2600K 3109C384
    Modded Corsair H50
    ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution
    2x2GB Super Talent 2000
    Evga GTX 480
    Corsair 850 HX
    CM Storm Sniper black ed.
    Samsung F3 1TB
    Windows 7 64

Xtreme Addict
    use guru...
    7820X | Asrock X299 Taichi XE | Gigabyte 1080 Ti Xtreme | 32GB Memoriez | Corsair HXi1000 | 500GB 960 Evo

Xtreme Member
    why use Guru? I thought that CoreTemp94 measured the actual core temp which is usually hotter
    2600K 3109C384
    Modded Corsair H50
    ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution
    2x2GB Super Talent 2000
    Evga GTX 480
    Corsair 850 HX
    CM Storm Sniper black ed.
    Samsung F3 1TB
    Windows 7 64

Xtreme Addict
    i keep an eye on both, but use guru. According to core temp my E6600 is idle at 57C right now with high end watercooling. Yes it is rather toasty in this room at the moment but i dont really believe 57C idle... Uguru reads 39C idle which i would guess is more likely than 57 in my opinion.
    Last edited by Budwise; 12-11-2006 at 08:49 PM.
    7820X | Asrock X299 Taichi XE | Gigabyte 1080 Ti Xtreme | 32GB Memoriez | Corsair HXi1000 | 500GB 960 Evo

Xtreme Member
    Phill gained about 30 - 35MHz more with the VFSB and the "cable mod" as for the VMCH.....
    Unmodded, my board did Spi 1mb @425, with cable mod, vfsb and vmch I pass 1mb @ 473,

From a glance I had, I realy didn't gain much out of it......Maybe coz of the devider used lower than CPU's fsb.....
    To be sure though, I'll re-check tomorrow that I'll have more time to play with......
    The CPU I now have, is capable of doing 552MHz fsb on an P5P-Deluxe mobo, so I'm sure that it won't ba a CPU fsb limitation....
    Nice, tell us what you find out hipro

Laptop: | HP Pavilion 1165 | Dothan 1.7ghz | 1gb Samsung PC2700 | 60GB HDD | 14" wide |
    HTPC: | SS LC16M | A64 3000+ | Asus K8N-E Deluxe | 2x512mb Corsair | Radeon 9800SE | Samsung 400GB + 2x250GB + 200USB | Tagan EC 430W |
    Bench:| X6800 | AW9D-MAX/P5N-E SLI | 2GB TEAM 6400 cl4 | 7900GTO SLI@EK WB| Raptor 74GB+32GB | Tagan EC 580W | Samsung SM 204B |

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks, a new motherboard maker and model awaits me then. Bad Axe 2 gives me better FSB than this board, using four(4) Kentsfield Extreme and all behaves similarly in both boards.

Visit Site: FanBoyReview™
    TEST
    (c)1999-2010 DM
    All rights reserve, All wrongs deserve

Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER
    ROFL, the "retail" clause now.

Let it go man, Conroe is gonna punk AMD bad.

hey guys
    I've a little question:

Is the MCH Voltage always undervolting?

My AW9D Guru say 1,85V MCH when I've set 1,85V in the bios

And I need the 1,85V for 400Mhz. That isn't normal or?
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 3500Mhz 1,3V
    Asus P5B Deluxe
    2*1024MB Cellshock PC6400 C4 @ 1000Mhz CL4-4-4-8 2,15V
    7800GT @ 470/1000
    cooling: NexXxos HP Pro | GP2X | Laing DDC Pro | MoRa2

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by t-bone
    hey guys
    I've a little question:

Is the MCH Voltage always undervolting?

My AW9D Guru say 1,85V MCH when I've set 1,85V in the bios

And I need the 1,85V for 400Mhz. That isn't normal or?
    i don't knw what the minimum vmch you need for 400 mhz is.

However, uguru is wrong, it always shows the voltage you set in the bios but the actual is a bit lower than what's shown.

i didn't measure the vmch before the booster mod but after the booster mod, the mch is only .03 lower than what's set in bios.

i've heard that when you set 2.0 it is actually 1.89.

Main Rig:
    CPU Intel i5 2500K @ 4500mhz
    Mobo Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
    Video Cards Sapphire 5850
    PSU Silverstone ST75F Strider 750W
    Hard Drive OCZ Solid 3 60GB | OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Samsung 103SJ's 4TB
    Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120 | 1 Yate Loon D12SM 120MM

Xtreme Member
    i use to run 1.70-75 on vmch with e66 @ 400, 1.85v sounds high but not impossible that you need that.
    LD PC-V8 | i7 3930K |Asus Rampage IV Extreme| G.Skill Ripjaws Z | Sapphire 7970 | Acer GD245HQ |OCZ Vertex 2 E 120GB | Intel 510 120GB | Cooling XSPX RX480, XSPC RX360, Swiftech MCP35X-XSPC res top, EK Supreme HF Copper,T-balancer mCubed bigNG |

Dr. / Professor
    Raising vfsb to 1.475v gave me better results than 1.457v by quite a bit. Able to run 32m@471 4-4-4-6 then one at 472 with 4-4-3-5. Never have been able to do that high with timings that tight before. Vcore 1.792 vmch 2.001v vdimm 2.8v. I did cpuid screen first then cpuz of same. Cpuz sometimes is a little shakey trying to do capture. Oh yes, core temp shows actual boot up speeds.
    **edit** I don't know why "tt" only shows 471 for system clock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32m nb 443-5.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	53840   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tt.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	53841   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32m nb 471 444-6.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	53842  
    Last edited by coop; 12-12-2006 at 11:06 PM.
    8 hrs Prime @ 4500 (9x500) DDR-1200
    9.59 32m Pi @ 4810 (8.5x566)
    9.59 32m Pi @ 4gb DDR 1248
    700 Club @ 7 x 585 CPU-Z Val
    Prime @ 542 x 7 (4 hrs 1.28v)
    32m 5006 (9.48)

OC Formula 3770k-dl G.Skill 2666 C10 Galaxy 660Ti 3gb Apogee HD PlextorM5P xfx p850
    MVF 3770k Team 2600 C10 xfx 7850 2gb xspc RayStorm HyperX 3k Hyper 730
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P e8500 Crucial 8500 khx9600 evga 9800gtx PCP&C 610 H20 by Coop

Xtreme Member
    Oh, I just remembered. Is there any program out there that is reading somewhat correct temps on this board subzero?

Right now uGuru is reading 120, Coretemp 8 on both cores and thermal tool doesnt really start properly..

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coop
    Raising vfsb to 1.475v gave me better results than 1.457v by quite a bit. Able to run 32m@471 4-4-4-6 then one at 472 with 4-4-3-5. Never have been able to do that high with timings that tight before. Vcore 1.792 vmch 2.001v vdimm 2.8v. I did cpuid screen first then cpuz of same. Cpuz sometimes is a little shakey trying to do capture. Oh yes, core temp shows actual boot up speeds.
    **edit** I don't know why "tt" only shows 471 for system clock.
    Is that on air?

Hello Everyone...

I just wanted to post since I have just registered with Extreme Systems. I have had this board for over a month and I am still learning about OC'ing my PC. I have been following this thread since the beginning and I would have to say that I have really enjoyed following peoples successes with this board. I am a proud owner and hope to eventually get some nice results with it as well.

I just want to add that I personally think you will not see 1333 strap until ABIT releases the IN9 32X-MAX. I just think for the most part it is more of a marketing thing. So in the meantime they are perfecting the BIOS. Nothing wrong with perfection, sometimes waiting and getting what you really want as opposed to getting new BIOS and complaining about something else. Human nature working here, as soon as we fix one problem we look for another.

Then again, what do I know about what is going on over at ABIT.

I hope I'm wrong about marketing thing and we get the new BIOS soon.

Thanks everyone for the time you have put in, I have enjoyed reading all the posts. You'll be hearing from me again in this thread.
    My RIG: ABIT AW9D-MAX / Core 2 E6600 / 2GB DOMINATOR PC2-8500 w/ Handpicked Micron D9GKX IC's / EVGA 8800 GTX / ASUS P1 PhysX / 4x320 Seagate Barracuda's in RAID 0 / Silverstone Zeus 650W

Waiting to put other 2GB of DOMINATOR PC2-8500 in when nVidia finally puts out Vista 8800 drivers so I can install my Vista Ultimate 64bit.

http://www.myspace.com/_326

Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178 ... LastLast