Thread: Multiplier unlock mod?

Question Multiplier unlock mod?

Hey everyone..I just got back from quakecon 2006 I attended the presentation by intel both times..., and the second time, the intel spokesman said some thing crazy- He talked about a mod one the intel "Bad Ax" motherboard that would allow a multiplier unlock for any intel proc simply by shorting 2 points with conductive ink (i never knew such a thing was possible!) . unfortunately, I was unable to see this mod, even though he promised to show us (he ran overtime trying to get his watercooled X6800 to 4Ghz, and had to get finished before he could show me.
    Now does anyone know about mods like this for motherboards? I'm planning to get the Nforce 590 SLI board (hope it comes out soon!!!!), so a mod for that board would be particularly useful.
    Please post mods so i can turn my moderate E6600 into an XE!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmon1
    Hey everyone..I just got back from quakecon 2006 I attended the presentation by intel both times..., and the second time, the intel spokesman said some thing crazy- He talked about a mod one the intel "Bad Ax" motherboard that would allow a multiplier unlock for any intel proc simply by shorting 2 points with conductive ink (i never knew such a thing was possible!) . unfortunately, I was unable to see this mod, even though he promised to show us (he ran overtime trying to get his watercooled X6800 to 4Ghz, and had to get finished before he could show me.
    Now does anyone know about mods like this for motherboards? I'm planning to get the Nforce 590 SLI board (hope it comes out soon!!!!), so a mod for that board would be particularly useful.
    Please post mods so i can turn my moderate E6600 into an XE!!
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=110224

Xtreme Member
    no you cant lock up a e6600 to x6800,intel most have thougt about that before they chipped all the cpus
    eaven the most pentium 2 wás locked.
    celeron!!