Thread: First time build, any ideas?

Hybrid View

Thanks for the reply. Is the SIII big enough? I was thinking I would be best suited w\ a full size ATZ. Also, I am still up in the air on power supply. The sonata comes w\ a 500w PSU. I have also read that that this particular case has some grounding issues...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathman View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Is the SIII big enough? I was thinking I would be best suited w\ a full size ATZ. Also, I am still up in the air on power supply. The sonata comes w\ a 500w PSU. I have also read that that this particular case has some grounding issues...
    I suppose if you mounted your mobo without checking the location of the mounting studs, that could cause a grounding issue, other than that a case is a case pretty much.

I wasn't trying to steer you away from an expensive/large case... they are nice to work in and for the most part you get what you pay for. That said, the SIII/Antec 500w combo is by far one of the best bang-for-buck combos you can get. You'll need to go external on your radiator for sure though, so that may be a concern. Other than that you should have no problem fitting in a pump and res. somewhere.
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb

yeah - i'd definitely prefer to keep everything internal. this is why i want the full tower
    :-)