Thread: Headphone FAQ

Hybrid View

Xtreme Cruncher
    How good is the ATH-AD700? I've heard it's a _very_ good pair of headphones for the money. Would they have a good performance/price ratio?

I like these headphones a lot. Very comfortable. Great quality sound, very clear. Haven't tried them in games, but i heard oppinions that they have better possitioning than HD555.

I think, You will have to play with equalizer if you listen to heavy bass music, but I would like to hear some other oppinions on that. Maybe it's just me. With classic it's just stunning.

I have now DFI UT (not DK) and Berstein sound module.

I bought mine from US and I paid better price than EU retailers had.

Quote Originally Posted by Musho View Post
    How good is the ATH-AD700? I've heard it's a _very_
    good pair of headphones for the money. Would they have a good performance/price ratio?
    DFI UT X58-T3eH8 bios 08/09/10 * i7 920 d0 batch 3847A 4Ghz@1v * Kingstone HyperX 3x2GB 1866Mhz * 26" Hazro HZ26WSi * ATI FirePRO 3D V4800 * Corsair TX650W * WD Caviar Black 1TB * LG BH08LS20 * MS Sidewinder X8/X6 * Audio Technica ATH-AD700 * Slackware 13.64/windows 7.x64. WC: Enzotech Sapphire,Swiftech MCW-30,Thermochill PA120.3,XSPC Dual Res.Pump. FOTO * Dell Precision M4400

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Musho View Post
    How good is the ATH-AD700? I've heard it's a _very_ good pair of headphones for the money. Would they have a good performance/price ratio?
    IMHO, just for info sake, they're worth their cost and make GREAT starter cans.

Quote Originally Posted by KoHaN69
    Great thread.
    I'm really happy with my sennheiser HD-570 (but would like the HD-590 for their better bass)

I can't wear any other headphones at all, even sennheiser hd-555 or 600s series, or any other brand.

Only the sennheiser HD-570 and HD-590 have the physical shape and mold that never ever tire me. I forget I have these on after a few minutes of wearing them..

Just throwing it out there, for those who are reluctant to wear headphones due to discomfort.
    I liked the Philips SB890 better than the 570's and thought they sounded about like the Senn 595's. I like the DT770 Pro's better than the Senn 595. But we know no two ears perceive sounds the same. I totally respect some one not getting similar results. In fact, if the P-SB 890's weren't so frackin heavy, I wouldn't have bought the DT770. SB890's are best for Movies and Games sound wise but suck because they are heavy as he1l.

All Can Amps do is make you loose your hearing sooner LOL!
    Last edited by Donnie27; 07-22-2010 at 04:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!