Thread: Radeon HD 7000 Revealed: AMD to Mix GCN with VLIW4 & VLIW5 Architectures

Hybrid View

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    Absolutely not.

What I am saying is this: there is no reason to start or listen to any wild assumptions about pricing, performance or market orientation. They only way ANYONE will know the true potential of an upcoming product is when the first REAL reviews go live with a full suite of applications and using final drivers. Up until that point, everything is just background noise which will likely set people up for a disappointment.
    HA!

I tried saying that about Ivy Bridge and I got slayed for it.

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbagz View Post
    HA!

I tried saying that about Ivy Bridge and I got slayed for it.

-PB
    No, we were telling people not to have high expectations about IB performance per clock, you said that we hadn't seen any numbers and we couldn't know for sure, but numbers had been leaked months ago. Ivy Bridge performs as expected.