Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2532333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: New Monsoon Modular Reservoir System

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Harlock View Post
    Simple solution BG, hot air rework station. You can find them for as liitle as $50 and makes SMD wok of all kinds go 1000% faster and soldering pencil. Problem for me is I redid my entire garage a few months ago and packed up my workshop ad placed it in storage until I build a new two story barn/workshop out back this spring. All but my most basic gear is sitting in a public storage unit until then. I might be waiting until you bring out your green boards just because of that, lol.
    Well yeah sure...but that's CHEATING! If it requires more then an iron and a solder sucker...and that little sponge dealio bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Althulas View Post
    @ Boxgods DD got back with an alternative but the parcel would not be insured and so not worth that risk I'll stick to insured airmail, it's a shame that DD had no red UV 7/16 tubing to make my postage cost be of more value to me

Any times on release of your Zen Mounts?
    Been out for like a month now on the Zen mounts.

Xtreme Addict
    New fittings are out for anyone interested.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...29#post5038029

Xtreme Addict
    New Monsoon product. Thread here.

Xtreme Member
    BG, you're the man! Gonna grab some of these and try them out as I'm not fond of how my coils looks in my Monsoons right now.
    Last edited by Captain_Harlock; 03-13-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling
    At Xtremesystems.org we don't help you save money on your cooling gear, instead we try to make you feel better about the insane ammount you've spent.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Harlock View Post
    BG, you're the man! Gonna grab some of these and try them out as I'm not fond of how my coils looks in my Monsoons right now.
    You will be pleased. If you lean down and look up into the reservoir they look sorta like electrodes or something. Pretty cool.

Are there any monsoon basics in stock anywhere? I've not seen any and i'm only seeing a few premiums around the net. Any chance new stock is coming before ivy bridge? I'm going to be revamping the WC when ivy comes.

BTW, i'm in the US, so i'm looking at US stores

Thanks!
    Core i7 2600k @4.8ghz
    Asus Maximus V Gene
    4x4gig Corsair DDR3-1600
    xfx 5870 under mcw-60 and vrm-4
    Corsair 120gig Force 3 GT & 500gig WD SE16
    Seasonic X-750
    Silverstone FT02-BW
    Apogee HD, 2x 240mm rads, mcp-655 pump, 4x GT's
    Samsung 215TW

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Imitation View Post
    Are there any monsoon basics in stock anywhere? I've not seen any and i'm only seeing a few premiums around the net. Any chance new stock is coming before ivy bridge? I'm going to be revamping the WC when ivy comes.

BTW, i'm in the US, so i'm looking at US stores

Thanks!
    We have ended production on Monsoon and are gearing up for Series Two. Adding a bunch of goodies =) I will be posting some info and pictures as we get a little closer to launching. Hoping mid or late April.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    We have ended production on Monsoon and are gearing up for Series Two. Adding a bunch of goodies =) I will be posting some info and pictures as we get a little closer to launching. Hoping mid or late April.
    Well i hope you hit your timeline. And I hope the price stays about the same, i'll cross my fingers. I was looking for a basic cause its cheaper and i'm more of a function first, form second type of guy. So getting a more base type unit that gets the job done for less dough is my goal. Otherwise i'll have to choose between a monsoon or a koolance and honestly right now i'm leaning toward koolance since their 452 v2 came out for about the same money as the premium.
    Core i7 2600k @4.8ghz
    Asus Maximus V Gene
    4x4gig Corsair DDR3-1600
    Seasonic X-750
    Silverstone FT02-BW
    Samsung 215TW

Xtreme Addict
    Well i hope you hit your timeline. And I hope the price stays about the same, i'll cross my fingers. I was looking for a basic cause its cheaper and i'm more of a function first, form second type of guy. So getting a more base type unit that gets the job done for less dough is my goal. Otherwise i'll have to choose between a monsoon or a koolance and honestly right now i'm leaning toward koolance since their 452 v2 came out for about the same money as the premium.
    Well, one of the biggest goals with Series Two is to improve manufacturing efficiency and get the price down without any quality loss. Not sure how much yet because we have added several killer new features but the hope is to get closer to $100 USD for the premium. Sorry I can't give you an exact date but it is a pretty involved process and better right then fast =)

That's awesome if you can push the price down that much. I think that will give you a big edge over some of the other bay res's from other companies right now. I'll try to wait patiently
    Core i7 2600k @4.8ghz
    Asus Maximus V Gene
    4x4gig Corsair DDR3-1600
    Seasonic X-750
    Silverstone FT02-BW
    Samsung 215TW

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Look forward to seeing gen 2, let me know if you need any pump testing. I've got a long road of radiators ahead and will probably be looking for something in the middle to mix it up..

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Look forward to seeing gen 2, let me know if you need any pump testing. I've got a long road of radiators ahead and will probably be looking for something in the middle to mix it up..
    I am actually working on something very unusual for you to test if I can figure out a few last kinks! Will still be sending the new Monsoon though of course.

Boxgods do you know when any other red led boards will be available? I've been waiting ages for DD to let me know when they have stock.

Ah i was looking for this thread. Any update on the series 2 res's? I delayed adding my WC gear to my ft02 because I decided a pump/res combo was the only way to go but could stomach 130 bucks for current options. And the alphacool is alot of acrylic up front which kinda worries me. Think we'll be able to purchase one in the next few weeks or so? Or are we talking June/July now?
    Core i7 2600k @4.8ghz
    Asus Maximus V Gene
    4x4gig Corsair DDR3-1600
    Seasonic X-750
    Silverstone FT02-BW
    Samsung 215TW

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Althulas View Post
    Boxgods do you know when any other red led boards will be available? I've been waiting ages for DD to let me know when they have stock.
    Sorry for the delay in answering...didn't see your post. Series One production has all sold and all inventory is gone. I *think* we might have a few red LED boards left that had a molex pin incorrectly crimped on laying around. I will have a look and see if we can't crimp on a new pin for you. Shoot me a PM with your contact info.

Ah i was looking for this thread. Any update on the series 2 res's? I delayed adding my WC gear to my ft02 because I decided a pump/res combo was the only way to go but could stomach 130 bucks for current options. And the alphacool is alot of acrylic up front which kinda worries me. Think we'll be able to purchase one in the next few weeks or so? Or are we talking June/July now?
    Tooling is done and we are already doing our testing. I hesitate to say this but we are actually a week ahead of schedule for a change--knock on wood. Still looking good for late May early June for the Series Two D5 Single. I will keep you guys updated

Hey Boxgods I am a very happy owner of one of the monsoon dual-bay reservoirs, and I'm wondering if there has ever been any development with anyone reprogramming the LED bars so they start on instead of off. I may give this a crack if noone else has yet, although I'll be starting pretty much from scratch Could you send me the required info? I can't seem to find it anywhere online.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by threephi View Post
    Hey Boxgods I am a very happy owner of one of the monsoon dual-bay reservoirs, and I'm wondering if there has ever been any development with anyone reprogramming the LED bars so they start on instead of off. I may give this a crack if noone else has yet, although I'll be starting pretty much from scratch Could you send me the required info? I can't seem to find it anywhere online.
    We have actually upgraded the LED PCB a lot in the upcoming Monsoon Series Two reservoirs but I am happy to help you in tinkering with the previous LED boards. The stock PIC controller code:

Device = 12F675
    XTAL = 4
    SET_OSCCAL ' Set OSCCAL

@CONFIG_REQ
    @__CONFIG INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT & WDT_OFF & PWRTE_ON & BODEN_OFF & MCLRE_OFF & CP_ON & CPD_OFF

ALL_DIGITAL = TRUE

Symbol SW1 PORTB.3
    Symbol SW2 PORTB.2
    Symbol LED1 PORTB.5
    Symbol LED2 PORTB.4
    Symbol LED3 PORTB.0
    Symbol LED4 PORTB.1

Dim F_SW1 As Byte
    Dim F_SW2 As Byte

'-------[INITIALISE THE PICMICRO]----------------------------------------
    High PORTB
    DelayMS 500 ' Wait for the PICmicro to stabilise

TRISIO = %001100 ' 2,3 set for input

'-------[MAIN PROGRAM LOOP STARTS HERE]----------------------------------
    LOOP:
    If SW1 = 0 Then
    DelayMS 300
    If F_SW1 = 0 Then
    LED1 = 0
    LED4 = 0
    F_SW1 = 1
    Else
    LED1 = 1
    LED4 = 1
    F_SW1 = 0
    EndIf
    ElseIf SW2 = 0 Then
    DelayMS 300
    If F_SW2 = 0 Then
    LED2 = 0
    LED3 = 0
    F_SW2 = 1
    Else
    LED2 = 1
    LED3 = 1
    F_SW2 = 0
    EndIf
    EndIf

GoTo LOOP
    End

The com pins are still intact on the controller. If you let out the magic smoke it is on you mang =)

Let me know if you need the HEX code though I doubt you want to dig in that far.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 06-16-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Hey BoxGods,

Any news on when Monsoon Series Two reservoirs will be out? Working on a new watercooling build, currently deciding on a reservoir. Thanks for any info.

Xtreme Addict
    We are shooting for middle of July but figure late July just to be safe. I will update as we get closer. DDC version will launch at the same time.

Xtreme Member
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy can you please post some teaser pics or renders?

Xtreme Addict
    There won't be a LOT of difference visually to the Series One as far as the form factor goes. For mounting we have built true compression type vibration isolation right into the body, redesigned the face plate so there are no screws on the face, molded a glass reinforced nylon modular forward body section with sound dampening chambers, moved permanently to the screwed down inner cover, switched to easier to use set screws for the motor tube cover for better alignment, gone to an RGB LED board with 10 user selectable colors (including white). Moved the LED PCB to the bottom to prevent it getting wet from accidental overfilling, and increased the size of the overflow basins. Some other little items I can't remember off the top of my head. Even with all those improvements we are really trying hard to lower the price by $15 - $20.

The DDC will follow the same form factor and port placement...same feature set and so on...just with a DDC mounted in place of the D5.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 06-25-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    simply beautiful...
    upgrading...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    There won't be a LOT of difference visually to the Series One as far as the form factor goes. For mounting we have built true compression type vibration isolation right into the body, redesigned the face plate so there are no screws on the face, molded a glass reinforced nylon modular forward body section with sound dampening chambers, moved permanently to the screwed down inner cover, switched to easier to use set screws for the motor tube cover for better alignment, gone to an RGB LED board with 10 user selectable colors (including white). Moved the LED PCB to the bottom to prevent it getting wet from accidental overfilling, and increased the size of the overflow basins. Some other little items I can't remember off the top of my head. Even with all those improvements we are really trying hard to lower the price by $15 - $20.

[IMG]http://geno.boxgods.com/mon_two_red.jpg

The DDC will follow the same form factor and port placement...same feature set and so on...just with a DDC mounted in place of the D5.

I think I just wet my pants.
    I must have it even if I have to eat only noodles and drink water for a week.

On a different note I finally fixed my Monsoon and was able to finish my "Red Monsoon" build

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1175_small.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	242.6 KB 
ID:	127894
    3770k @4.9ghz | ASUS Maximus V Forumla | Mushkin 994008 16gb @2133mhz | Zotac GTX 680

Xtreme Addict
    Ramen FTW!

Yours is still one of my favorite builds McDown. The Series Two will ship in all black with color kits available that include colored screws, plugs, motor cover etc. to match all the Monsoon fitting colors.

Xtreme Mentor
    The new one looks awesome BG.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2532333435363738 ... LastLast