Thread: Radiator Cleaning Question

Radiator Cleaning Question

Finally found some deionized water ... using "battery water" from Pep Boys. Now in the process of rinsing out my radiator. I've read the tips and guides here and other forums, but just want to double check that I need to keep going until I'm getting essentially clear water out of the rad. (And, as an aside - do you really need to use deionized or distilled water for the first few rinse cycles, since it's quickly going to be "ionized" once it makes contact with the radiator?)

I started with a couple of rinses, then let it soak overnight after filling with hot water. The glass on the right is what came out of the rad after the overnight soak. The middle glass is what came out after a couple more hot water rinses, and the glass on the left is the last rinse. I've got it soaking again, but just want to make sure I will see clear water if I keep going (I'm actually trying to follow directions here and not cut corners - a first for me.)

Xtreme Cruncher
    Sounds like a perfect strategy to me, Just keep going.

Use the power of your CPU and GPU to contribute to science! Become a member of one of the most competitive teams in the world of distributed computing, help find cures for diseases and various other charitable scientific causes. It's as simple as running a program! Go visit the World Community Grid and Folding at Home Forums for more information on these projects. CRUNCH 'N FOLD!

Xtreme Member
    i've been letting mine sit with distilled water (hot) for a couple nights and then i repeat... mainly because my system isn't all here yet lol. but i figure this way it will definately be ready when i've got everything!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    May be this was the real culprit behind foggy tubes.

Rig Specs
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 4.0ghz 1.37v - DFI Lanparty UT P35 TR2 - 4x1GB Team Xtreem DDR2-1066 - Palit 8800GT Sonic 512MB GDDR3 256-bit
    160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM SATA II 8MB Cache - 320GB Western Digital Caviar 7200RPM SATA II 16MB Cache - Liteon 18X DVD-Writer /w LS
    640GB Western Digital SE16 7200RPM SATA II 16MB Cache - Corsair HX 620W Modular PSU - Cooler Master Stacker 832
    Auzen 7.1 X-Plosion - Zalman ZM-DS4F - Sennheiser HD212 Pro - Edifier M2600

Custom Water Cooling
    Dtek Fusion Extreme CPU Block - Swiftech MCR-220 - Swiftech MCP655-B - Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservior - 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD Tubings
    Dual Thermaltake A2018s 120mm Blue LED Smart fans.

www.mni-photography.site88.net

Xtreme Member
    Looking good. I say you keep going till your comfortable drinking out of it.

--pak
    Q6600 400x9 1.5vcore
    P5kdeluxe Ballistix 2x1gb
    D5 coolrad32t Fuzion
    EVGA 8800GTS 320 600/900
    2xRaptor 36g Raid-0
    Creative X-Fi Extrememusic
    PCP&P silencer 750 copper
    Built for the sole purpse to play World Of Warcraft and troll XSforums.
    Heat