Thread: Hey XS we got a Majestic 12 team !

Hybrid View

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post

Nice going!
    Wish I could figure out how to get more out of this line.
    If Deadly can get 32 mil from 50mbit then I should be able to get more than 8-9 out of 30mbit
    Is the answer VM's?
    I could easily try that on Sammy as all it's doing is MJ12 and has 2gig of memory..
    All I'd need is a good VM app or whatever is needed..
    That 32mil is a temporary(?) peak(usually do ~25mil/day), refic is letting me test one of his VPS nodes and that is boosting me an additional 4 mil per day

VMs are definitely the key! I'm running 7 nodes(not a typo!) on one machine with a Q6600 at 3ghz. Of course it only takes 3 or 4 nodes to fill up a 50meg line so 30mb with 3-4 nodes should be very do-able. In fact, if you want to give it a try I can send the full version to you to test out 1 VM node takes about 5-8gig HD space(when fully up and running), about 15% of a Q6600(just over half a core) and 450-500 MB ram.

I would highly recommend getting pfsense running at 100% before trying more nodes. This is a screenshot just taken with my 7 nodes running full speed and there are almost 150K connections from all the nodes or about 20K connections per node. I know that westell 9100 can hold its own but if I remember correctly it did have a limit at some point. My best advice: go pfSense and set and forget!
    Last edited by DeadlyFire; 10-04-2011 at 03:45 PM.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFire View Post
    That 32mil is a temporary(?) peak(usually do ~25mil/day), refic is letting me test one of his VPS nodes and that is boosting me an additional 4 mil per day

VMs are definitely the key! I'm running 7 nodes(not a typo!) on one machine with a Q6600 at 3ghz. Of course it only takes 3 or 4 nodes to fill up a 50meg line so 30mb with 3-4 nodes should be very do-able. In fact, if you want to give it a try I can send the full version to you to test out 1 VM node takes about 5-8gig HD space(when fully up and running), about 15% of a Q6600(just over half a core) and 450-500 MB ram.

I would highly recommend getting pfsense running at 100% before trying more nodes. This is a screenshot just taken with my 7 nodes running full speed and there are almost 150K connections from all the nodes or about 20K connections per node. I know that westell 9100 can hold its own but if I remember correctly it did have a limit at some point. My best advice: go pfSense and set and forget!
    check your email
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.